Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria (37328 Views)

SON Arrests Two Chinese Men In Lagos Over N5bn Fake Tyres (Photos) / Tanker Filled With Contraband Goods In Zamfara, Aprehended By Custom Officers / Driver Shot Dead In Katsina By Customs Officer For Smuggling Contraband Spagheti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by lalasticlala(m): 2:32pm On May 08, 2015
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), has announce the arrest of three Chinese business men identified as Gao Gnuxu, Li Yang and Zhon Showmin, for allegedly smuggling contraband and illegal textile materials worth over N20 billion into the country.

The service has also sealed over 20 warehouses belonging to the Chinese in Kano and Lagos States respectively, in an operation co-ordinated by the Comptroller General of Customs (CGC), Muhammad Diko Inde.

According to the service, the operation was undertaken under the directives of the CGC who had been monitoring movements of the smugglers who were mainly Chinese and at a stage, the operatives of the Customs conducted undercover operation to locate and discover the actual number of illegal warehouses in Kano State being operated by foreigners with the support of unpatriotic Nigerians.

Shalangwu added that during its investigation, the Customs team discovered over 20 warehouses fully loaded with printed textile materials ready for transportation to various markets in the country.

The CGS, in a state of the matter report, said:

"We have seized the printed illegal materials and sealed over 20 warehouses whose value worth N20 billion.
We are doing this in our effort to make Nigeria free of all illegal businesses, imports and actions capable of totally crippling the country."

http://pulse.ng/gist/importing-crime-3-chinese-men-arrested-for-importing-contraband-goods-into-nigeria-id3736850.html

1 Like

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by Pebcak: 2:36pm On May 08, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Na to punish them according to Chinese laws, I guess that will be death penalty. Thats how they will treat any Nigerian with a similar crime in china
angry but we can't
[img]http://i./weToa8f9oWc6c.gif[/img]

98 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by Koroaso: 2:37pm On May 08, 2015
********TIME TO START CUTTING OFF THE HEAD OF ECONOMIC SABOTEURS*************

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by moscobabs(m): 2:37pm On May 08, 2015
They should kill them...simple kiss undecided

Meanwhile u guys should make sure u distribute the textile materials or sell them cheap so we can have money in our reserve o. Do not tell me u burn #20b worth of goods when majority of Nigeria is living below $1 per day

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by kcynho(m): 2:37pm On May 08, 2015
[size=20pt] Hmmmmm undecided,And they are smelling Ginger Gingerrr [/size]

5 Likes

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 2:37pm On May 08, 2015
See them face
Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by emmanuelcrawler(m): 2:37pm On May 08, 2015
.,,,,,,naija arrest kwa!!!!!!!!!!
,,,,,,,,20billion naira,,,,,,,,,,

truly change is here

3 Likes

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by Siga: 2:37pm On May 08, 2015
...N20B ... I can tell u these guys will be out walking all the way to China soon...thats all ...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by ellechrystal(f): 2:37pm On May 08, 2015
Shuoo, see guts na, if na Asia wey we do that one now, na death sentence. Smh, see their faces like snake lizard

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by onyi4edu(f): 2:37pm On May 08, 2015
A very good one. Kudos to NCS

@toju1
Yea I repeat Kudos to NCS. That is a right step in a right direction and I hope they take another right step by doing the needful and prosecuting them according to the law.

Let's learn to praise people even for little things, it will encourage them to do more

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by onuwaje(m): 2:38pm On May 08, 2015
Look at dia head! undecided

2 Likes

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by Johneyhaz: 2:38pm On May 08, 2015
Kill them kill them...They must be killed

2 Likes

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 08, 2015
The law should take its full course...!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by freedom96: 2:38pm On May 08, 2015
Haaha...this is cool....chinkwan Yu cheesy una go enter Nigerian prison, and if u go back to china, tell ur friends in crime that Nigeria has CHANGED cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by kay29000(m): 2:38pm On May 08, 2015
Hmm! I didn't know there was a type of textile that is contraband. I don't get...no be cloth? Someone needs to explain things to me. Anyway,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.
Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by Guyman02: 2:38pm On May 08, 2015
Meanwhile in Indonesia, these economic saboteurs dont spare Nigerians from firing squad even with presidential intervention but very soon either the customs, police or courts will free them on bail to sneak back to their countries.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by LMAyedun(m): 2:38pm On May 08, 2015
They must be executed cool

2 Likes

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by Blurry: 2:38pm On May 08, 2015
Na wa oooo

Even foreigners contribute to the damage in the country.

1 Like

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by Johneyhaz: 2:38pm On May 08, 2015
sheddybest:
The law should take its full course...!
No law shoUld take its full course,They should be killed by firing squard on monday... If not that today is Friday ,i Would have said tomorrow

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by wise7(m): 2:38pm On May 08, 2015
I hope they will be prosecuted

1 Like

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by seunlayi(m): 2:39pm On May 08, 2015
Good news but wait a minute, they took our money outside the country, brought in goods although substandard/ contra band and now they are handcuffed. But what about our politicians who always took our money outside the country never to return in back to us in any form?

I can also see many families whose source of income depends on those wares at the warehouse going through years of hard times. God will grant them grace to bear it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by emmanuelcrawler(m): 2:39pm On May 08, 2015
uuuu

1 Like

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 08, 2015
Indonesia on my mind

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by wittyoung27(m): 2:39pm On May 08, 2015
shocked
Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by sKeetz(m): 2:39pm On May 08, 2015
undecided

23 Likes

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 08, 2015
So what happens after seizing? undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by yorke1: 2:39pm On May 08, 2015
I plead on their behalf. Have mercy on them. They will go and sin no more

1 Like

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by spongeisback: 2:39pm On May 08, 2015
They should be tried and persecuted according to the laws of Nigeria. Money shouldn't change hands overnight.
Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by allanphash7(m): 2:39pm On May 08, 2015
Have they been killed = No

Then why bringing it on when they are still alive

Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by Ademat7(m): 2:40pm On May 08, 2015
Dedicating this FP achievement to all batch A 2015 corp member currently in camp all over Nigeria;both local & Foreign trained. Ajuwaya!!!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by Bawsse(m): 2:40pm On May 08, 2015
Jail them for life
Re: 3 Chinese Men Arrested For Importing Contraband Goods Into Nigeria by sukkot: 2:40pm On May 08, 2015
i dont get it, they did not smuggle in drugs. they smuggled in textiles which will be beneficial to nigerians. why arrest them ? makes no sense

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kolade Johnson's Dad Speaks: The Policeman Shouted, 'I Must Kill Somebody Today' / Man Loses Savings Few Weeks After Lambasting Alibaba For Criticizing Yahoo Boys / Son Stabs Mother To Death For Refusing To Accept Pregnant Fiancée

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.