Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

The Next Step..i'm Confused (my Career Choice) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Next Step..i'm Confused (my Career Choice) (1068 Views)

Please Help, My Career Is In Jeopardy / Career Choice DSS Or ARMY? Suggestions Please!! / We Talk About Career. What Influences Your Career Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Next Step..i'm Confused (my Career Choice) by aydriano(m): 4:14pm On May 08, 2015
Hey pipz.. i hv bin doin a lot of soul searching recently.. i'm a graduate of biochemistry, i came out wit a 2:2... by God's grace... towards the end of my final yr i became dillusioned wit d course... it jst didnt feel ryt...its nt jst me... am average at it... d tin ryt nw is am currently serving... i decided to take dis service yr to figure out wat i wnt to do... wit a lot of pressure frm my family... bin d first son and alll... my dad wnts me to switch to engineering...nah i cant do dat...

i wnt to do sumtn i lv.. sumtn am gud at... i dnt wanna b one of those pple stuck in sumtn, sumwhere where i dnt wannnna b.... i love reading novels.. i hv a big imagination.. i wnt to bring books to life... i lv listening to music and its as if in my imagination i knw hw the video for it shld b ... i'm a born critic i criticise films, music videos... i believe in creativity.. i see talents in other pple.. i wnt to nurture.. i am shy, introverted... i jst dnt knw hw to acheive these dreams...i need ur help guys to find myself... i decided to bring myself out here.. plz no cussing me awt.. i will appreciate constructive criticism..
Re: The Next Step..i'm Confused (my Career Choice) by Illuminatus(m): 4:30pm On May 08, 2015
I'll begin with a comment that "what you're good at" and "what you love" are often not the same. I think the balance is being good at what we love, or loving what we're good at.
That said, I find it quite hard to give you a clear cut advice on what to do with your life. I guess that you could work toward being a writer/author, critic/reviewer, music video/film director or a producer. But that's all it is, a guess. Your current academic qualification is so different from your passion but that isn't too bad. You could get training on any of those ventures and maybe with a lot of work and luck, you'll make it.
Re: The Next Step..i'm Confused (my Career Choice) by aydriano(m): 7:12pm On May 08, 2015
Thanks man.. i appreciate ur candidness ...i hv neva tried wat i love.. so i dnt knw whether i'd b gud at it
Re: The Next Step..i'm Confused (my Career Choice) by ojeota(f): 7:15pm On May 09, 2015
Now that you are already serving, go for job interviews relating to the course you studied. As you are doing that try to lay your hands on books that will sharpen your writing skills. Write anything even if it doesn't make sense. You can post it on nairaland, for people to help you review it. With time you will keep improving.
For being shy and introverted try to do the opposite of what you use to do when you are shy. Each time you are feeling shy, listen to yourself, because your body is telling you that something is wrong. Do the opposite of what you use to do. As you do that continously , your brain will replace those feelings with new ones.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: The Next Step..i'm Confused (my Career Choice) by Vanije: 11:01pm On May 09, 2015
There's a career quest program coming up on the 21st @ Lagos Island. You may want to attend. My num is 08109752565 in case you want to.
Re: The Next Step..i'm Confused (my Career Choice) by aydriano(m): 11:13pm On May 09, 2015
Thank you van and ojeota.... ur inputs are highly appreciated.... van am in abia... i tink i'll calll d nunba... tankz a lot

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How I Make 1000 Euro In Just Two Months / Non Payment Of Allowances/stipends To IT/SIWES Students At PHRC. / Which Offline Skill Can I Learn At 20?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.