Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

[photos] Boy Smuggled Into Spain In A Suitcase - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [photos] Boy Smuggled Into Spain In A Suitcase (2110 Views)

Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic / Customs Seizes Senator’s 13 Cars Smuggled Into Nigeria / Police Intercepts 850 Cutlasses Smuggled Into Katsina By Political Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[photos] Boy Smuggled Into Spain In A Suitcase by 9inches(m): 9:54pm On May 08, 2015
An eight-year-old Ivorian child was found hidden in a suitcase that was smuggled across the border into Spanish territory in North Africa, an official said on Friday.

The child was in a case taken by a 19-year-old woman through a pedestrian crossing from Morocco into the small Spanish-governed territory of Ceuta on Thursday.

“My name is Abou,” the boy said immediately in French when civil guards asked the Moroccan woman to open the wheeled suitcase.

She had aroused suspicion at the Tarajal crossing into the Spanish north African enclave as she seemed uncertain on her approach to the pedestrian checkpoint.

The guards ordered her to place the suitcase on the scanner and the screen operator saw the unmistakable outline of a human form inside.

“It could have ended in tragedy,” the civil guard said, considering that the child may have spent considerable time zipped up inside the case.

The boy was checked by a medical team and is now in the hands of child-protection authorities in Ceuta. They will attempt to identify him and ascertain his family connections.

Later that day a 42-year-old man from Ivory Coast was detained at the same post. Although the man had Spanish residency papers issued in the Canary Islands, the civil guards asked about his family and showed him a photograph taken of Abou in the suitcase.

The civil guard said the man confessed to trying to have his son smuggled into Spain.

“I just wanted to take him to the Canaries with me,” the man, identified only as A.O., is reported to have said.

A.O. was arrested and is due to testify before a judge on suspicion of human trafficking.

The Moroccan woman, identified as F.E.Y., was also arrested.
Read more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/11592209/X-ray-scan-reveals-boy-in-suitcase-being-smuggled-into-Spain.html
Re: [photos] Boy Smuggled Into Spain In A Suitcase by Osirimononaye(m): 10:01pm On May 08, 2015
Dats what we call "Suit Airline".
Re: [photos] Boy Smuggled Into Spain In A Suitcase by temitemi1(m): 10:13pm On May 08, 2015
The boy arrived grin grin grin
Re: [photos] Boy Smuggled Into Spain In A Suitcase by hatux: 11:04pm On May 08, 2015
And look at the innocent boy, with no offense committed! This world is evil, how I wished....
Re: [photos] Boy Smuggled Into Spain In A Suitcase by njideoby(f): 11:22pm On May 08, 2015
This story is as old as Nairaland!
Re: [photos] Boy Smuggled Into Spain In A Suitcase by ifyan(m): 12:07am On May 09, 2015
Africans if we keep running then who will remain in Africa.

Or na Animals.

You know. ...
Re: [photos] Boy Smuggled Into Spain In A Suitcase by donifez(m): 12:08am On May 09, 2015
Suitcase (This one pass me).
Re: [photos] Boy Smuggled Into Spain In A Suitcase by benuejosh: 5:45am On May 09, 2015
Wonders shall never end
Re: [photos] Boy Smuggled Into Spain In A Suitcase by lionduke(m): 5:55am On May 09, 2015
wicked generation
Re: [photos] Boy Smuggled Into Spain In A Suitcase by Nobody: 8:37am On May 09, 2015
What if the boy died in the process. Why would a man put his child through such an ordeal? Baffling.
Re: [photos] Boy Smuggled Into Spain In A Suitcase by 3ace(m): 9:36am On May 09, 2015
Things like this will continue to happen as long as African leaders who're mostly selfish and corrupt don't turn over a new leave and fix Africa. Years of neglect have rendered Africa unattractive and until massive development is permitted, we will continue to look elsewhere for greener pasture. Remember the Nigerian stowaway kid?
Re: [photos] Boy Smuggled Into Spain In A Suitcase by MeAboki(m): 9:57am On May 09, 2015
donifez:
Suitcase (This one pass me).

Then you never see the one wey dem hide am inside car bumper for American/Mexico border - some ppl sha get mind.
Re: [photos] Boy Smuggled Into Spain In A Suitcase by obiak4(m): 12:36pm On May 09, 2015
all I see in naira land are just children who don't read history book
FYI DON'T BE SURPRISED GMB DID SO TO UMARU DIKKO IN 1986 OR THEREABOUT SO AS FOR HIM TO FACE CORRUPTION CHARGE IN NIGERIA USING ISREAL INTELLIGENCE HE WAS DISCOVERED AT HEATHROW AIRPORT
SO IT AN OLD STORY STALE NEWS
NEXT GMB FANS SHOULD JUST ACCEPT IT IN GOOD FAITH I LIKE HIM THOUGH WISH TO SEE THIEF OH NOT AGAIN CHIEF TINUBU BROUGHT

(1) (Reply)

Yorubas I Admire / Breaking: Eid Prayer Disrupted. Senate President Saraki Stoned! / Lai Mohammed Is A Low Life Who’s Unfit To Be Minister – Metuh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.