Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Chelsea V Liverpool : Roodgers Out To Topple The Champions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea V Liverpool : Roodgers Out To Topple The Champions (457 Views)

Leicester City Officially The Champions Of England / Picture: When You Are Waiting For Arsenal To Win The Champions League / No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea V Liverpool : Roodgers Out To Topple The Champions by boboje: 10:55pm On May 08, 2015
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers was full of praise for premier league champions Chelsea , but insists his side will not be overawed when they travel to Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
So close to winning the title themselves last season, Liverpool have been well off the pace in 2014-15, but still harbor hopes of overtaking Manchester United and claiming a top-four finish.
With three matches remaining, Rodgers’ side are four points behind their arch-rivals, and the Northern Irishman knows they must target a maximum return in west London.
“We’re going into the game at the weekend looking to win,” Rodgers said.
Chelsea are obviously deserved champions, they’ve been the best team, but all we can do is control the last three games, look to win those and see where we end up. I’m purely focused on the game.
“I congratulated (Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho). They’re the deserving champions and to win it with a few games to go is obviously pleasing for him.
After confirming their status as champions, the Chelsea players were reportedly given four days off to celebrate- a claim Mourinho has denied- but in any event, Rodgers is not expecting any hangover.
“II think if they’ve had a few days off then they deserve it” he added. They’ve won the league and they can celebrate that.
Mourinho, meanwhile, pinpointed Chelsea 5-3 loss at Tottenham on New Year’s Day as the pivotal moment in their title challenge, with the champions unbeaten in their 15 league matches since then.
“The key moment was the stability after losing at spurs, everybody stuck together and we were very calm,” he said on Friday.
“What pleases me is winning the title, the way we did it and the consistency we’ve shown in difficult periods.
“We want to win our matches, we have three difficult games. We don’t need to win but we want to try to win points”
Mourinho still has fitness concerns over Diego Costa (hamstring), Ramires (illness) and Oscar (thigh), while for Rodgers, Mario Balotelli (foot) is back in contention although Mamadou Sakho (hamstring) remains out.

Source:http://bnaijatalks..com/2015/05/chelsea-v-liverpool-roodgers-out-to.html
Re: Chelsea V Liverpool : Roodgers Out To Topple The Champions by bigsam2010: 12:12am On May 09, 2015
There is a secret of how to win a sportbet, that most stakers does not know. Most people want to win big at once, while I always take my time to calculate very well and win little day-by-day.

After all my researches and calculations, I found MERRYBET to be the best to make cool money among all other sportbet companies.

Follow me on my Merrybet Link (http://www./Odds/registration/affiliate197881), create, fund your account and let us begin a cool deal.

I wish you the best of luck.

(1) (Reply)

EPL : Sunderland Vs Liverpool Today At 4:00pm / Bayern Munich Blow As Mats Hummels Ruled Out Of Champions League Clash With Real / Man Utd Speak To Ajax Coach Ten Hag, As He Sets To Join Man United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.