Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE (10770 Views)

I’m Too Old To Be Governor – El-rufai / Benue Massacre: Ortom Lazy, Not Qualified To Be Governor - Nyesom Wike / Ikpeazu's Failure To Pay Tax Makes Him Unfit To Be Governor - Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by msmon(m): 6:50am On May 09, 2015
P opular singer, Abolore Akanda (9ice) recently contested for the Federal House of Representatives, Ogbomosho North/ Ogbomosho South/Orire Federal Constituency on the platform of his party, APC but lost out at the primaries.

He spoke with Vanguard Newspaper in an exclusive interview:

What’s the greatest lesson you’ve learnt from your
experience in politics?

I’ve learnt that Nigeria lacks leadership. It’s
‘moneyticians’ that they see, and they have no
choice but to follow whoever they see. During the
course of my campaign, I learnt a lot, and I got closer
to the people. I listened to their yearnings, and
realized that they want a lot of things, but are not
getting what they want.

I will also implore people who have the passion to
lead their people to offer themselves up for service.
The people that we have there now are not leaders;
they’re just there for whatever they’ll gain.

This is your first shot at politics, but what would you
say is your ultimate ambition?

My ultimate ambition in politics is to become the
governor of Oyo State. However, I’ll still run for the
Federal House of Representatives to serve my
constituency in the next election. I believe I can serve
in that position very well, and I also know that I stand
the chance to become the governor of Oyo State.

As the Special Adviser to the Oyo State governor on
Youths, what are your plans for the people of the
state?

My plans are to spring up so many ideas that I
already have at the back of my mind. Initiatives like
the Governor’s Cup in terms of Sports, and also by
organizing debates. The era of debates has died, and
I think we need to encourage the brilliant students
who have the capacity for that in Oyo State. I intend
to present such students to the governor so they can
be supported academically, and if the powers that be
support the idea, then I think we’re good to go.

How do you intend to combine your role as a public
official and an artiste?

I don’t think one disturbs the other. My political office is during the day as Abolore Akande, and music is performed at night by 9ice. I think I have already differentiated the two.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/my-ultimate-ambition-is-to-be-governor-of-oyo-state-9ice lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by DIIGZ(m): 6:52am On May 09, 2015
For ur mind

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by shakazuldadon: 6:55am On May 09, 2015
wish you well. wish more younger people started speaking up, let's chase these old people from govt.

10 Likes

Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by Godfullsam(m): 7:02am On May 09, 2015
Everything is possible to him that believes.

2 Likes

Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by zenith4biz(m): 7:03am On May 09, 2015
Uncle please tell us a story

3 Likes

Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by ramdris(m): 7:06am On May 09, 2015
It shall come to be if u believe and remain resolute like GMB.

2 Likes

Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by msmon(m): 7:12am On May 09, 2015
Check my signature! You shouldn't underestimate.

DIIGZ:
For ur mind

INEC Has Released All Allowances For NYSC,Ad-hoc Workers – Official

www.nairaland.com/2301566/inec-released-all-allowances-nysc#2301566.12
Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by PassingShot(m): 7:23am On May 09, 2015
I think by the time you'll be ready, politics would have been made far less attractive than now such that only those with genuine interest to serve will hold political positions. That is our wish and prayer; and that is the plan.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by Nobody: 7:32am On May 09, 2015
God forbid

Oyo state is blessed with more humble, hardworking and intelligent people.

For goodness sake, this guy has no clue about the Laws of Power.

You just got appointed adviser to the governor...and immediately, you are shouting you wanna be the governor at some point...how will your master see you?

Those who will be governor will keep quiet and allow people push them on. It is not by gragra...we have more presentable people...trust me

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by Demlad99(m): 7:36am On May 09, 2015
PassingShot:
I think by the time you'll be ready, politics would have been made far less attractive than now. That is the wish and that is the plan.

That would be a major milestone in the development of Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by Rahmatuparker: 7:41am On May 09, 2015
k
Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by Nobody: 7:41am On May 09, 2015
how will dat happen..

wen our president-elect of 83yrs(political age thoug. wey tinubu giv am, only God know weda him never reach 100) will appoint his fellow grandfather of 93 yrs as a petroleum minister

9ice yes uv tried and failed but i love ur guts of trying again but buhari won't let us

1 Like

Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by nonxo007(m): 7:41am On May 09, 2015
Ok
Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by msmon(m): 7:41am On May 09, 2015
If GMB can start process now, I'd be very happy. I'm scared those big belle senators won't allow their entitlement to be slashed.

PassingShot:
I think by the time you'll be ready, politics would have been made far less attractive than now. That is the wish and that is the plan.

1 Like

Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by AKMoney1(m): 7:41am On May 09, 2015
Good luck with that Bro undecided
Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by niceguy7(m): 7:41am On May 09, 2015
Never give up ur dreams, use buhari as an example.

1 Like

Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by folabayo1(f): 7:42am On May 09, 2015
Yes u can but only if u quit being childlish and embrace ppl and also u shud learn to forgive if u really want to be a leader...

2 Likes

Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by demola300(m): 7:42am On May 09, 2015
Impossible dream.
Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by Nobody: 7:42am On May 09, 2015
Godfullsam:
Everything is possible to him that believes.

not basketball

stop deceiving Aki and paw-paw

2 Likes

Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by tonero230(m): 7:42am On May 09, 2015
Better do what you know about it
Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by Nobody: 7:43am On May 09, 2015
Hmm...just keep on learning for now.
Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by M6843: 7:44am On May 09, 2015

Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by fulfillment22: 7:44am On May 09, 2015
Buhari didn't give up....
Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by Texcoco(m): 7:44am On May 09, 2015
Wah mek im dream liak dat? Im cam dun fi Kingstun,Jumeika an ah show im kwality weed fi blackout an dream righteous dreams.
Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by LordCenturion(m): 7:44am On May 09, 2015
9ice want his share in national cake,but to become Governor no be a day job ooo..... grin

1 Like

Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by Nobody: 7:44am On May 09, 2015
Farewell Adigun
Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by Idrismusty97(m): 7:44am On May 09, 2015
Even under APC platform you won't! Sorry....
shakazuldadon:
wish you well. wish more younger people started speaking up, let's chase these old people from govt.
It isn't about being young, it is about being competent and focused which isn't peculiar to any age group. Why are you people suddenly seeing old people like a different species of humans or whatever. This age stuff is getting stale and boring, you aren't elected in office to show your fresh face.
Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by Maczeelly(m): 7:45am On May 09, 2015
It will come to pass........
Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by zingywingy: 7:46am On May 09, 2015
shakazuldadon:

Mumu...young people my yansh...once beaten twice shy..our money for woman
Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by Tbillz(m): 7:47am On May 09, 2015
May God help him. #now that sai baba is there pls think twice. Else you might write the next hit track in kiri
Re: My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE by Nobody: 7:47am On May 09, 2015
You talk say you go bring us Grammy, now you have lost your voice..
Now you talk say you want to be governor, I hope you will not lose your life. ..
May your dream come to pass..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tasi’u Zango Emerges Speaker Of Katsina State House Of Assembly / Olawepo-hashim Now Leads Atiku, Buhari In Social Media Engagements / Security: Buhari Receives Briefing From Service Chiefs (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.