Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Too Much Planning Of An Essay Or Any Form Of Prose Results To A Workmanlike..... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Too Much Planning Of An Essay Or Any Form Of Prose Results To A Workmanlike..... (491 Views)

Diary Of A Desperate Lover (updated) a classical blend of poetry and prose! / What Is An Unseen Prose? / Too Much Planning Of An Essay Or Any Form Of Prose Results To A Workmanlike..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Too Much Planning Of An Essay Or Any Form Of Prose Results To A Workmanlike..... by marenx: 7:03am On May 09, 2015
Too much planning of an essay or any form of prose results to a workmanlike or overdone piece of writing.

Note: I'm looking for new or old writers to form a writing group, to blog and write articles. Don't think you can't write.

You're about to read my article. After that don't forget to have your say. I know people following this thread are writers. Writers are very very few in Nigeria because no reasonable earning due to Paypal ban.

Let's go down!

Too much planning of an essay or any form of prose results to a workmanlike or overdone piece of writing.

This is what I figure out. A couple of writers also do figure out. You must figure out too if you read writing advice or instructions.

A workmanlike piece of writing is a kind that portrays a cunning construction of language instead of what a reader comes to learn or source out. A workmanlike piece is execrable, bogging, occurring when a writer overadheres to writing instructions.

It says, "I know how to write it well" instead of "This is what I write about this subject."

Readers don't really appreciate a workmanlike writer for a job well done. Journalists and columnists are mostly those writers.

I suffer it. I did it after reading instructions on how to write a successful article. I spent a week fixing what is not yet good. Concentrating on hook and lead was the cause.

Now I ignored hook and lead. I do only introduction, body and conclusion which I knew as the only three parts of essay.

I agreed with people that say, "'Just' write", or just write and don't bother about rules or debacle. Write on time as answering exam questions.

An exam question could be: In not more than 40 minutes, write six (6) advantages of working online each with sufficient or full explanation.

When you finish, you'll discover you've written a successful article with no any dearth.

Is there lead and hook than a good introduction in it? Sometimes or always no. No matter how you attract audience with lead and hook, many with no interest in your subject won't care to read your piece.

If "A Very Simple Way To Travel to UK or USA" is your title, forinstance, no matter how you introduce it, those that want to travel and those that want to know about how to travel to the said destination would read the whole piece. Make sure, if it's not a blog, you write what is very very relevant to your audience.

A blog is different from a serious piece of helpful content you post on your website. A blog is just about 300-400 words piece and it tells people more about you or celebrities. A helpful content is about 700-3000 words piece and it teaches, informs and educates people.

"The most important thing is to read as much as you can as I did. It will give you understanding of what makes good writing and it will enlarge your vocabulary." -- J.K. Rawling

Take this or leave it, it's up to you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Too Much Planning Of An Essay Or Any Form Of Prose Results To A Workmanlike..... by Akposb(m): 12:34pm On May 09, 2015
A thoughtful advice.

(1) (Reply)

Chilling Sun / [article] Overcoming Your First Failure By Sir Sam / Story Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.