Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,140 members, 7,829,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria (48726 Views)

Top 10 Toughest Universities To Gain Admission In Nigeria (updated 2017) / Top 10 Universities To STUDY Computer Science/engineering In Nigeria / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by drseunzy(m): 10:30am On May 09, 2015
Brothers and sisters, O.A.U remains the toughest, i had 208 and 282 in JAMB and post UTME respectively for Economics , no admission still

1 Like

Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by wiseoneking: 10:30am On May 09, 2015
ogahlouiskid18:
Below are 10 hardest Universities to get into
in Nigeria.
This article is not to discourage those of
prospective students that have chosen the
under listed schools as their most preferred
universities in JAMB.
It is however, a way to motivate all those
who applied for the schools to read harder in
the forthcoming Unified Tertiary Matriculation
Examination. It’s always
survival of the fittest!
. Hardest Universities to get into in Nigeria.
Although not necessarily in this order, among
the list of schools in Nigeria that give
prospective students tough time are :-
1. University of Ibadan (UI)
2. Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
3. University of Benin (UNIBEN)
4. University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN)
5. Federal University of Technology Owerri
(FUTO)
6. Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
7. University of Lagos (UNILAG)
8. University of Calabar (UNICAL)
9. Ahmadu Bello University (ABU)
10. University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
Since you are done with JAMB all u have to
do is read for their post UTME exams. You
can get their past questions from
myschool.com.ng and read up. With high
post UTME score the school will beg for you!
So start revising and get ready.
You are almost perfect in your submission. All the ten cannot be refuted. They are truly the hardest but i still believe that UI and UNN are two greatest even though unilorin, unizik and unilag may be of outstanding importance in the best sought out universities for the past 5yrs
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by 247notire(m): 10:33am On May 09, 2015
But Walahi UNN, OAU and UI aren't beans to get into or get out of thereafter. Same for most others on the list. This shows that the best skuls in Nigeria remain the old FG universities. There u have mostly incorruptible lecturers who are renowned world wide.

2 Likes

Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by holorunphemmy(m): 10:35am On May 09, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]LAUTECH
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by 247notire(m): 10:36am On May 09, 2015
drseunzy:
Brothers and sisters, O.A.U remains the toughest, i had 208 and 282 in JAMB and post UTME respectively for Economics , no admission still
Economics is a vry competitive course my friend. U can't get into it with d average score u had which is 245 in most of the skuls mentioned here. At least I'm sure u won't in UNN.
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by holorunphemmy(m): 10:36am On May 09, 2015
LAUTECH
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by drseunzy(m): 10:40am On May 09, 2015
247notire:
Economics is a vry competitive course my friend. U can't get into it with d average score u had which is 245 in most of the skuls mentioned here. At least I'm sure u won't in UNN.
Chairman but other universities will consider me for a lower course, this one no admission at all
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by opeaceo: 10:41am On May 09, 2015
ransomed:
This simple personal opinion of a nairalander about admission into universities would soon degenerate into animosity, innuedo, and discord. Why are we so full of hatred? Seriously speaking, we need positive re-orientation and attitudinal change towards building a better Nigeria of our dream. E- tribal, religious and Political warriors, please sheathe your swords. Peace...
and to think that the op said in no particular order is what beats me, or is it that people don't read the whole article before commenting
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by opeaceo: 10:44am On May 09, 2015
laryom1:
dude op, hardness is the measure competitiveness and it is inturn into two categories; 1. How hard/strict they are in conducting their academic part of the admission process: How hard your pume is and or how high the jamb cutoff is( this isn't a problem for the brilliant students, they can get into anywhere); Uniban has the same cutoff for all courses irrespective of their competitiveness; UI should have been the no1 d time they do shortlist and invites, now? NO. For now, In Nigeria, Unilorin has the highest JAMB cutoff mark for some competitive courses: you just say why do they use 180? Yes, and people with 200+ would be considered first, fif 180 guys has 80 in the pume. OAU deserves the number 2; 2. The number of applicant. You need to admit 120, and 500+ made more than hhighest possible cutoff, what do you call this? This is happens in Unilorin every year. You saw the number of applicant that chose Unilorin in Jamb? My opinions tho
Is it that you didn't read the part where the op said in no particular order?
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by 247notire(m): 10:47am On May 09, 2015
drseunzy:

Chairman but other universities will consider me for a lower course, this one no admission at all
Consider? Well when I wrote in UNN and dint get d course I wrote for I had to buy a form to apply for Anoda course and luckily I got it. Nobody gives u Anoda course in dat skul because u did well, u'll have to apply for Anoda course and if u did well enuf for the course u'll get it, emphasis on Apply sir.
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by 42n8dzydoo(m): 11:08am On May 09, 2015
neoapocalypse:

We don't argue , we just say the fact and walk away , it's left to you to believe or not. The poster put U.I first , do you think he was sleeping when he compiled this list.

Your further response will be ignored
Hahahahaha! Runner runner! U were taught to run at UI?
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by Maghan37: 11:11am On May 09, 2015
Nice one bro but u 4got d most difficult which is NDA. The admission rate is 120 to 1
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by cecekim(f): 11:28am On May 09, 2015
smiley smiley
ogahlouiskid18:
in Nigeria.
universities in JAMB.
Examination. It’s always
survival of the fittest!
(FUTO)
Uniben is number 1.I rep Uniben
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by twerkjack: 11:46am On May 09, 2015
THERES NOTHING TOUGH ABOUT THEM ,,,,,, JUST STUDY AND U'L PASS IN ONE TRIAL grin
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by tolulinks(m): 12:14pm On May 09, 2015
Natureboyraph:
Uniben is the toughest anytime anyday..........it was even named the most sort after university sometime ago

in all honesty, Uniben CANNOT be more sort after than UI or OAU biko
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by deltapikin(m): 12:42pm On May 09, 2015
Op what makes them to be the hardest? Pass ur utme and post utme admission is sure. Those universities are not meant for the highest bidders. If you don't have money to lobby for admission and you are hardworking, you don't have problem.
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by haul: 1:02pm On May 09, 2015
Nigeria varsities are shitty!

Tell me one single successful research that can be point to from all the crawling third world empty bricks with no knowledge called university.
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by Aysamz(m): 1:03pm On May 09, 2015
Kingkamal:
Federal University of technology minna
And ABU Zaria nko undecided
true ..wat about futminna wit there 10-8-8 compulsory pass for maths,phys and chem for 100L engineering students...
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by Teedeechian(m): 1:03pm On May 09, 2015
ChappyChase:

My friend you've not seen nothing! Come near UNN and your pants go catch fire! Those guys no even know their own indigens,, imaging me writing their PUME twice scoring above 230 and yet those devils no wan give me Admission!

LOL,230 when pple who have more than that were turned off
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by khassy(m): 1:24pm On May 09, 2015
ogahlouiskid18:
in Nigeria.
universities in JAMB.
Examination. It’s always
survival of the fittest!
(FUTO)

useless list
Ilorin had over 100000+ candidates and its still d most sought after so how come its not the toughest to enter
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 1:36pm On May 09, 2015
joshrare:
Beat their cut off mark by 35 to 45%.. I guarantee you of the cheapest admission.. 1st batch precisely, I think people are just lookin for excuses to justify their laziness and unserious attitude towards their academic pursuit...
Take a break from every form of socialization and study hard and you will see the difference
So the cut off is 80, they should score 100% abi.

Some of these schools eg. Futa ask these bizarre general knowledge questions you have most likely not heard of. Imagine been asked how many terms one American president that ruled almost hundred years ago used. (this is an even easier one o)
In these case, you need luck aside your ability.
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by adepiero: 1:37pm On May 09, 2015
saxwizard:
where the F is LAUTECH

mostly federal university. ..hmmmm op
Is lautech a school? undecided
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by Isyma(m): 1:41pm On May 09, 2015
NAIRALAND

Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by philfrey08: 1:44pm On May 09, 2015
I donbilifit...
UI is infact now d easiest. Provided you make 200 and pass postutme u r good.
70% of the courses have their cutoff betwn 50-55% so if u know your capabilities and calculate well u can enter shaply.
Ui dont do those funny calc as some schools do of waec, utme and postutme. The process is simple and transparent.
Courses like medicine, Economics and Elect have high cutoffs
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by laryom1(m): 1:46pm On May 09, 2015
opeaceo:

Is it that you didn't read the part where the op said in no particular order?
actually, I didn't. But his order is kind of controversial
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by laryom1(m): 1:47pm On May 09, 2015
philfrey08:
I donbilifit...
70% of the courses have their cutoff betwn 50-55% so if u know your capabilities and calculate well u can enter shaply.
Ui dont do those funny calc as some schools do of waec, utme and postutme. The process is simple and transparent.
you are on point
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by Holamarncy: 1:58pm On May 09, 2015
philfrey08:
I donbilifit...
no calculator during exam...
and lets deduce if Ui gives u a fighting chance to compete for any course as long as u av 200 tell me aw scary can dah be..even at d point if 290-300 in jamb anything can happen during post jamb..hmm...i know lots of ppl with beastly scores in jamb Bh during post jamb hmm.it happened . d point z goin for a top course in Ui even after blasting jamb ur confidence must b as high mount everest ..
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by elbaraj001(m): 1:58pm On May 09, 2015
Rubish...wot of IBBU....?...Una just dey yarn rubbish fr here...wetin hard fr dere? No b ppl dey go d school abi na every body wey go dos aforementioned schools know book?mtchwwww...oloshi ppl
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by philfrey08: 2:01pm On May 09, 2015
I graduated from ui and know whar am saying.
U dont hv to be greedy. I Understood the admission system and helped pple make good choices. As at 2007-2009, Ui used only waec and jamb, at least 5Bs and about 260 would get u high courses, but it bcame easier with postume. With jus 200 and 50% in postume, u r guranteed. Ui even give considerations to second choice candidates before now.
Ui even allow you change your course on your own if you don't make cutoff of some courses.

The only problem i hv is the cutoff of medicine, its too high imagine 80%. Thats because pple are brilliant o.... very very.
Once u beat the cutoff no fear... u r in, unlike some schools where its not guaranteed
Make the right choice
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by philfrey08: 2:03pm On May 09, 2015
Holamarncy:

no calculator during exam...
and lets deduce if Ui gives u a fighting chance to compete for any course as long as u av 200 tell me aw scary can dah be..even at d point if 290-300 in jamb anything can happen during post jamb..hmm...i know lots of ppl with beastly scores in jamb Bh during post jamb hmm.it happened . d point z goin for a top course in Ui even after blasting jamb ur confidence must b as high mount everest ..

How does this make sense -you score 290 in Jamb and then postume thats quite easier, u r getting 40%. Haba! UI dont need pple like that abeg. 50% u stand a chance.
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by Holamarncy: 2:04pm On May 09, 2015
philfrey08:
I graduated from ui and know whar am saying.
U dont hv to be greedy. I Understood the admission system and helped pple make good choices. As at 2007-2009, Ui used only waec and jamb, at least 5Bs and about 260 would get u high courses, but it bcame easier with postume. With jus 200 and 50% in postume, u r guranteed. Ui even give considerations to second choice candidates before now.
Ui even allow you change your course on your own if you don't make cutoff of some courses.

The only problem i hv is the cutoff of medicine, its too high imagine 80%. Thats because pple are brilliant o.... very very.
Once u beat the cutoff no fear... u r in, unlike some schools where its not guaranteed
Make the right choice
ppl with 60.65 were nt given last yr once dey failed to beat Der cutoff..
Re: Top10 Toughest Universities To Get Into In Nigeria by Holamarncy: 2:06pm On May 09, 2015
philfrey08:

How does this make sense -you score 290 in Jamb and then postume thats quite easier, u r getting 40%. Haba! UI dont need pple like that abeg. 50% u stand a chance.
chill jare 290 in jamb 76 in post jamb = education

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adenle Adetunwase: 4 Guinness World Records Holder (Photos) / FUTO VC Gave A Student A Funny Reply On Twitter (Photo) / OAU Students Sing 'Soapy' In Class, Lecturer Looks On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.