Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians (30993 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Disobeys Bail Again PICS / How To Report Any Nigerian Policeman Asking For Bail Money / Buhari Lied, Jonathan Generated The Funds Used For Bail Out.- NLNG MD Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by aproko247: 9:41am On May 09, 2015
Over the period, the police authorities have stressed that the payment for bail at police stations is illegal.

Again, the Acting Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, has stated that it is improper for police officers to request for money from suspects for bail. Arase warned that he will no longer accept such from his men because his administration will have zero tolerance for corruption.

The police chief said he will not hesitate to prosecute any officer found guilty of such crime.

Arase, addressing officers at his maiden visit to the Lagos State Police Command in Ikeja, also warned that henceforth, every police officer must have sufficient evidence to arrest and interrogate any suspect, which is the normal practice worldwide.

The police boss said he is ready to “resurrect the Enugu Intelligence Training School” to enhance the intelligence gathering of the Force. He added that officers would be retrained regularly to keep them abreast of the latest form of policing.

“I want to discourage custodian approach to policing,” Arase said, explaining that “this will reduce the cases of seeking for bail and unnecessary detention of suspects in our cells.”

“To put a stop to the issue of bribery, we have a platform in the Nigeria Police; in the intelligence department attending to all complains especially in the area of corruption,” he stated.

Arase advised his men to “feel free to send any complaint to that department,” stressing that “bail is free and all those offering money to the police are also corrupt.”

“I am passionate about the intelligence school that is why I am determined to invest on capacity building. I am going to resurrect the Enugu Intelligence Training School and ensure that officers are trained and retrained. They need to be up to date with the modern trend of investigation. It’s obvious that they do things out of ignorance,” the top cop said.
http://www.aproko247.com/2015/05/09/dont-pay-for-bail-again-police-ig-warns-nigerians/

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=118651

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Freciprocal: 9:42am On May 09, 2015
Wash!!!

I thought bail has always been free? undecided

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Tolexander: 9:42am On May 09, 2015
The police chief said he will not hesitate to prosecute any officer found guilty of such crime.

Arase, addressing officers at his maiden visit to the Lagos State Police Command in Ikeja, also warned that henceforth, every police officer must have sufficient evidence to arrest and interrogate any suspect, which is the normal practice worldwid
if the boldened is tried, i'm damned sure that all the police officers including the IG that made the statement will be prosecuted.

Before he was appointed as the IG, does he wanna tell us that he didn't collect any bail or partook in the sharing of money realized from it.

If it is implemented, it will be well and good! But I don't see any sincerity in what the IG said cos almost all the officers of the NPF are bunch of rotten eggs that need getting rid off, the IG inclusive.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by jamex93(m): 9:43am On May 09, 2015
yes na undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Ahmed0336(m): 9:43am On May 09, 2015
We don hear, as if na true wetin dey paper is always different from real life situation

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Acekidc4(m): 9:46am On May 09, 2015
What is that Man Saying Cos I don't understand Hindi Language!!

Make dem dey deceive theirselves dey go!!
Iffa hear say Police no Collect Bail Money and iffahear say Nigerians no Pay Bail Money!!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by jascon1(m): 9:47am On May 09, 2015
Na be say poor man go die for jail o

1 Like

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 9:49am On May 09, 2015
Naija police motto: Ur Partner in crime

11 Likes

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Basildvalour(m): 10:00am On May 09, 2015
When did they start collecting cash for bail...I tot it stopped long ago so, why should we stop now?
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by BigElEddy(m): 10:03am On May 09, 2015
I was watching the news some days back when an advert came up about security numbers to call and report crimes ( asking for bail is a crime ). And I was just sad to the point of it became funny because the numbers were more than 20 different 11 digit phone numbers. I was like; with all the billions pumped into Nigeria's security sector, Nigeria's security sector still go around buying N100 sim cards for us to call? How in Heavens name is anyone going to remember those numbers in times of emergency? In America they have the famous 911. In Nigeria the easiest to remember 3 digit combination is 419. That number has meant Negative things for far too long. Its about time we put it to good use and turn its meaning to positive.

GOD BLESS THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA.

140 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 10:03am On May 09, 2015
Ooh no!. Even the nigerian police are trying to fight corruption. The kind good news wey i don hear since Buhari won the presidency, if 1/4 of it happens, then i will accept that baba is truely the messiah that nigerians are waiting for.

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by chymystique(f): 10:04am On May 09, 2015
[size=13pt]IG ARASE is Working!!!... hope this aint just paper talk cheesy[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Dyt(f): 10:05am On May 09, 2015
Yimu
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by cycline404(m): 10:05am On May 09, 2015
Lol
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Lordave: 10:05am On May 09, 2015
He should be very serious about this.
The first reasonable step that should be take to curtail this barbaric act in the NPF is making sure illiterates are not recruited into the force.

He should make sure the officers in charge of bail have a well knowledge of the law.

And the salaries of our officers should be duly paid.

9 Likes

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by bright007(f): 10:05am On May 09, 2015
story for the gods

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 10:06am On May 09, 2015
Hm! Dis new appointment still dey shack am sha.
Oga IG, abeg eh, just allow me only one drag of wateva it is yua smoking...
cos I wanna be a mental case like you when I grow up

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 10:06am On May 09, 2015
Nigerian police? No policeman in Nigeria will make heaven, I swear grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by paparazzi1987(m): 10:06am On May 09, 2015
Yes, bail is FREE but u gats to pay cell FEE/RENT before u can be release grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by tunnary(m): 10:06am On May 09, 2015
If they r very serious wit it den they should pass it into law because it wil be more effective dat way
bail is free but in dis country when u have d money to pay 4 bail, its beta to pay and leave in peace than to be forming a good citizen and end up spending days in prison.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by tunnary(m): 10:06am On May 09, 2015
If they r very serious wit it den they should pass it into law because it wil be more effective dat way.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Osama10(m): 10:06am On May 09, 2015
Talk is cheap, implementation is the koko.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by niceguy7(m): 10:06am On May 09, 2015
Story for the.......?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Trailblazer1(m): 10:07am On May 09, 2015
Finally the change is here !!!

Police is now our friend grin grin grin
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Truckpusher(m): 10:07am On May 09, 2015
Freciprocal:
Wash!!!

I thought bail has always been free? undecided
Of course but because most Nigerians do not know their right they keep paying.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by oluwafemi113(m): 10:07am On May 09, 2015
Police is not our friend oooo grin

1 Like

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by sosanova: 10:08am On May 09, 2015
Sai Arase
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Nairaland637: 10:08am On May 09, 2015
Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by Trailblazer1(m): 10:08am On May 09, 2015
paparazzi1987:
This man is very funny.. grin
You want make I spend weeks inside cell be that.

Nigerian police will always look for a way to extort you just like this |

15 Likes

Re: Don’t Pay For Bail Again—police IG Warns Nigerians by chinoify: 10:08am On May 09, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Four West African Countries To Buy Nigeria’s Idle Electricity / Osinbajo, Amaechi, Onu Absent as Buhari Unveils Tinubu’s Campaign Policy / Lagos State Emergency Service Rescues Sick Woman Lying Along Amichi Street(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.