Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,726 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari (1511 Views)

Neo-colonialism In Nigeria, Why Nigeria Is Rich, But Many Nigerians Are Poor / Nigeria Is Rich But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari / Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Onyi42(m): 5:02pm On May 09, 2015
…tasks him on dividends of democracy

Abuja – The European Union (EU) on Saturday
urged the President-elect, retired Maj.-Gen.
Muhammadu Buhari to ensure that Nigerians
enjoyed the democracy dividends.

The EU Ambassador to Nigeria and ECOWAS, Mr
Michel Arrion, made the call at the Europe Day
2015 in Abuja.

Arrion explained that democracy meant nothing to
the common man except it led to the improvement
in their standards of living.

“But democracy only makes meaning to the
common man to the extent that it delivers good
governance, creates opportunities and improves
the quality of living.

“Nigeria is rich, but Nigerians are poor. The
incoming administration will have a lot to do in this
regard.

“It must ensure that Nigeria’s massive population
is galvanised into a formidable productive force
that will generate wealth that is equally or rather
equitably shared among all citizens,” he said.
According to Arrion, as the new government
comes on stream, the world will want to see a
Nigeria with the basic freedoms that distinguish
democratic societies.

“The government must ensure that the basic
freedoms including economic rights and welfare
are not the exclusive preserve of a privileged
few.

The EU envoy reminded Buhari of his promises
before and after his election to pursue three
priority objectives.

He said the first objective set by the President-
elect was “to swiftly end the insurgency in the
North East and restore peace and stability.
According to him, the second is to eradicate
corruption, while the third is to put policies in
place to put Nigeria’s economy on a proper
footing.

He said that these goals set for the incoming
government match closely the European Union’s
vision for the country.

“Let me add a fourth objective that is very
important for the European Union: regional
integration,” he said.

Arrion said the EU strongly believed that peace
and stability, as well as the economic development
of Nigeria were achievable.

According to him, they will be better achieved
within the framework of a closer and deeper co-
operation of Nigeria with its neighbours in West
and Central Africa.

“It is in that global context that the partnership
between Nigeria and the EU is taking place.
“I am delighted to state that Nigeria and EU do
share very strong relations of mutual trust and
partnership.

“And I am very happy to confirm the excellent
quality of our local political and policy dialogue
between the 21 European Ambassadors and High
Commissioner and the Government of Nigeria.”

He commended Nigeria and Nigerians for the
success of the general elections, saying the last
three months were very special for Nigerian
citizens.

“We are happy that Nigeria has got it right, and
look forward to other African countries following
its good example,” he said.

The EU envoy commended outgoing President
Goodluck Jonathan for gracefully “accepting the
outcome of the election so that his country can
move on.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/nigeria-is-rich-but-nigerians-are-poor-eu-tells-buhari/
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 09, 2015
EU, UK, USA acting as if they care so much about Nigerian. I pray *babaonechance will not become their puppet
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Twaci(f): 5:06pm On May 09, 2015
I really hope he puts this in mind as he takes over.

Kindly vote me for Miss. Nairaland 2015. Thanks smiley
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by temitemi1(m): 5:09pm On May 09, 2015
#BABAONECHANCE... GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

TWACI 4 MISS NAIRALAND!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 09, 2015
Twaci:

people wey dey win am wetin they dey gain?
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by MuguliciousMUGU: 5:13pm On May 09, 2015
masterchi:
people wey dey win am wetin they dey gain?
its for fun na... But money is attached to this competition this year...
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Young03(m): 5:15pm On May 09, 2015
Twaci respect urself.

EU dont need to tell buhari dat, cus alredy buhari is a nigerian and he has seen it all

besides he is not blind
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 09, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

its for fun na... But money is attached to this competition this year...
how much?
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by MuguliciousMUGU: 5:17pm On May 09, 2015
masterchi:
how much?
i think 5000 or more than that. But it is something, half bread is better than none, but twaci is pretty, xo she deserves the award.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Twaci(f): 5:20pm On May 09, 2015
Young03:
Twaci respect urself.

EU dont need to tell buhari dat, cus alredy buhari is a nigerian and he has seen it all

besides he is not blind
Hmmm! True, he is a Nigerian ofcourse! cheesy

Anyways, how's ur day?
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 09, 2015
Twaci:

Anyways, how's ur day?

Pageantry is now making girls respectful and loyal.... I support a world of daily beauty pageant

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Young03(m): 5:23pm On May 09, 2015
Mehn...My day bad
Twaci:

Anyways, how's ur day?
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 09, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

i think 5000 or more than that. But it is something, half bread is better than none, but twaci is pretty, xo she deserves the award.
ok. Nice. are we expected to vote for the prettiest?
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 09, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

They are all pretty.... Tell us Why she deserves it...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 09, 2015
Freemanan:

who are the competitors cos I see only stuffs abt twaci?
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Twaci(f): 5:31pm On May 09, 2015
Young03:
Mehn...My day bad
Ehen? Why? What happened?
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 09, 2015
masterchi:
who are the competitors cos I see only stuffs abt twaci?

You expect me to memorize their names?
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 09, 2015
Freemanan:

You expect me to memorize their names?
you can if you want
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 09, 2015
masterchi:
you can if you want

I don't want.....
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by MuguliciousMUGU: 6:27pm On May 09, 2015
Freemanan:

twaci is not replying my comments, i wanted to know more about her, like her plans, but you can follow your own view, voting for someone depends on who the voter wants, you can check for the prettiest, but twaci tried in my own opinion.
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by MuguliciousMUGU: 6:30pm On May 09, 2015
masterchi:
ok. Nice. are we expected to vote for the prettiest?
yeah... For sure
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Twaci(f): 6:32pm On May 09, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

twaci is not replying my comments, i wanted to know more about her, like her plans, but you can follow your own view, voting for someone depends on who the voter wants, you can check for the prettiest, but twaci tried in my own opinion.
Thanks dear. I'd rather answer all questions on the day of the interview.

Thanks for your vote of confidence, I appreciate it. smiley
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Nobody: 6:32pm On May 09, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

Are you sure this comment is meant for my post?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by MuguliciousMUGU: 6:47pm On May 09, 2015
Twaci:
Thanks dear. I'd rather answer all questions on the day of the interview.

Thanks for your vote of confidence, I appreciate it. smiley
alright... The current minister of women affairs wishes you goodluck!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by MuguliciousMUGU: 6:49pm On May 09, 2015
Freemanan:

Are you sure this comment is meant for my post?
yeah yeah yeah, twaci is the finest lady for miss nairaland, vote for her and your life shall never remain the same againcheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Twaci(f): 6:50pm On May 09, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

alright... The current minister of women affairs wishes you goodluck!!!
Thanks smiley. Its appreciated.
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 09, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

yeah yeah yeah, twaci is the finest lady for miss nairaland, vote for her and your life shall never remain the same againcheesy

Now you talking... Not when you were acting as if you were neutral.. I'll consider the issue at hand tho shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by baralatie(m): 6:59pm On May 09, 2015
Young03:
Twaci respect urself.

besides he is not blind
he has never slept in ajegunle before!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 7:30pm On May 09, 2015
Twaci:

abeg kindly carry dis ur miss nairaland go one side.
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by sammyj: 7:32pm On May 09, 2015
When GEJ administration has completely wrecked our economy! !!
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Emphany: 7:36pm On May 09, 2015
I'm sure Buhari knows...he and his table are about sharing billions oready...#not-yet-the-president
Re: Nigeria Is Rich, But Nigerians Are Poor, EU Tells Buhari by Young03(m): 8:23pm On May 09, 2015
Dat moment, hungry won do me 30
Twaci:
Ehen? Why? What happened?

(1) (Reply)

Rivers 22 Lga And 300 Council Elections Hold 23 May, 2015 / Reminder That Buhari Is A Life Patron Of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Assoc. / Olise Metuh Told To Seat Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.