Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

The Structure Nigeria Needs Under Buhari- Gani Adams - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Structure Nigeria Needs Under Buhari- Gani Adams (833 Views)

OPC Reluctant To Engage Pipeline Vandals – Gani Adams / Gani Adams Reveals That 85% Of Lagosians Want Jonathan / Why Yoruba Are Divided Over Jonathan, Buhari — Gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Structure Nigeria Needs Under Buhari- Gani Adams by drsteroid(m): 1:37am On May 10, 2015
As the president-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, takes over from President Goodluck Jonathan on May 29  after 16 years of democracy, the leader of the Odua Peoples Congress, OPC, Otunba Gani Adams advises him to give priority to the implementation of the report of the 2014 National Conference. 

Your candidate, President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, lost in the general elections. Will the development affect your relationship with him?

As non-governmental organisation, we only gave our support to President Jonathan on personal ground. Our relationship started since he became vice president. We supported him because he was good to us. He is a kind man. Unfortunately, people alleged that we were given N1.6billion to campaign for Jonathan. Even Jimi Agbaje, who contested in one of the most lucrative states in Nigeria, did not get N2billion to campaign in Lagos.
The pipeline contract came because we bidded for it. People have said lots of things about the contract. If I collected N1.6billion to support Jonathan’s campaign, you wouldn’t meet me in this office. People have been calling and demanding money from me since the issue of the pipeline contract started; interestingly, the money for the contract has not been released till now.

You said there is no permanent friend or enemy in politics. What do you want the president-elect, Muhammadu Buhari to do to earn your support?

If he can declare his assets and get members in his cabinet to do so as he has rightly promised, then it is a good omen for democracy and evidence of transparency in governance.  He should also ensure that anyone who fails to truthfully declare his asset gets seven years imprisonment. While leaving government they should declare their asset as well. I believe this will set precedent to those coming afterward.
I think that would be a good foundation for transparency in governance; if he can do that, we would have reduced corruption by 65percent. That is when you will see people who are really ready to serve the country. I know many people will not be interested in political appointment again.

If you are to meet the president-elect, what will you tell him? 

The issue of National Conference is very important to us. He needs to restructure the country. Transparency must be his watchword. He must know that he is a father of all and not a particular political party. Politics is about local interest. He must be unbiased in the choice of members of his cabinet. A good leader must have vision.
Declaring of his assets and his simplicity will be an advantage to reduce the cost of governance. If the president is modest in his spending, his subordinates wouldn’t have any choice than to be prudent.
His ability to reduce the price of fuel to N30 per litre will be good for the country. The major issue is accountability and transparency. If he can reduce the salaries of government officials, that is when we will know that there is real change.
Free health, education and housing for the common man are areas the new government must look into. An average Nigerian needs to be 75 percent comfortable. But if an average Nigerian does not live in a conducive environment, he will be negatively influenced. Even his children will be influenced by criminals. If he can give the Nigerian child free and affordable education up to the higher institution of learning, then his government will be embraced by all. Today, private schools are milking people dry and government is doing nothing about it. There are more private schools than public schools.
He should be ready not to defend crime. He is from the North, I believe he has the power to influence  those behind Boko Haram and convince them to stop insurgency. He is a civilian president, he must be ready to follow due process before taking any decision on issues. If he fails to do the needful, then he should not be surprised that some people in his party will sponsor PDP against his government and leak  information to them.  His objective should be to reduce hostility in the country. He must not be biased in his judgement.

As one of the delegates of the 2014 National Confab, do you think the resolutions that emanated from the confab will be addressed by the incoming government?

If the president-elect wants to solve Nigeria’s problems, he must consider the need to restructure the country. As difficult as it may be, he has the sole responsibility of implementing the outcome of the National Conference so that Nigeria can move forward. A lot of things are expected of him especially his campaign promises.

How do you describe President Jonathan’s character when he conceded defeat and congratulated his opponent?

President Jonathan conceded defeat even before the declaration of election result and that solved many problems in the country. Even though there were  irregularities in the election, from  South to the North, the simplicity of Jonathan played out in the general elections; were it not for that, the country would have been in crisis now. I think African leaders should emulate this gesture so as not to give room for unnecessary war.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/the-structure-nigeria-needs-under-buhari-by-gani-adams

Re: The Structure Nigeria Needs Under Buhari- Gani Adams by tayoxx(m): 2:24am On May 10, 2015
na which journalist na even interview this man self....metcheww
Re: The Structure Nigeria Needs Under Buhari- Gani Adams by emorse(m): 2:46am On May 10, 2015
This one sef dey talk? Oga, you better go hide somewhere make you dey chop your own share of the N9b booty wey oga jona take do weekend for you and your goons small small.
Re: The Structure Nigeria Needs Under Buhari- Gani Adams by Alphaoscar: 5:36am On May 10, 2015
Upon all the noise and display of bravado, GEJ no even release the said contract money to Mumuni Adams and his groups of touts?

Gani Adam NA certified disgrace to Lagos sense.

1 Like

Re: The Structure Nigeria Needs Under Buhari- Gani Adams by Oklander: 5:48am On May 10, 2015
This guy should just shut up. ...Ode.
Re: The Structure Nigeria Needs Under Buhari- Gani Adams by efilefun(m): 6:09am On May 10, 2015
Lol
Re: The Structure Nigeria Needs Under Buhari- Gani Adams by RockMaxi: 6:35am On May 10, 2015

This scammer should take his advice and drop it in the Lagoon. Who cares? I'm even angry that I don't have a license to carry gun, forget all the odechi you put on the body as personal protection. All I need to do is to look at a mirror, throw some sand up, chew some leaves and then fire the shot at this "ojuyobo" of a cultist...

Don't ask me how I got to know all these.
Nollywood for sure!

I'm off to Church to worship Baba God and to tell him to forgive me for hating on Gani Adams and calling him ojuyobo. grin cool

1 Like

Re: The Structure Nigeria Needs Under Buhari- Gani Adams by omenka(m): 6:48am On May 10, 2015
Just pray your show of shame in Lagos streets when you went on rampage destroying APC properties, wielding guns and other dangerous weapons, is not revisited.

It is a lot more easier to toss your ugly behind into the slammer since you are a lot less popular than the rest of your kind.

Mumu.
Re: The Structure Nigeria Needs Under Buhari- Gani Adams by sinizia: 6:49am On May 10, 2015
The message is a good one, and something Buhari should look into; but i find it hypocritical coming from this messenger, Gani, who is among those that collected Goodluck's egunje and yet couldn't even get votes for him. He's to be ignored and considered a persona non grata in the larger scheme of things.

1 Like

Re: The Structure Nigeria Needs Under Buhari- Gani Adams by Nobody: 6:59am On May 10, 2015
Gani Adams is a carpenter,I need not bother myself about his opinion.
Re: The Structure Nigeria Needs Under Buhari- Gani Adams by oduastates: 7:17am On May 10, 2015
Mtseeew
Re: The Structure Nigeria Needs Under Buhari- Gani Adams by TheFreeOne: 7:38am On May 10, 2015
If the president-elect wants to solve Nigeria’s problems, he must consider the need to restructure the country. As difficult as it may be, he has the sole responsibility of implementing the outcome of the National Conference so that Nigeria can move forward. A lot of things are expected of him especially his campaign promises.

Adopting National Conference resolutions to Restructure the country is the only solution and CHANGE needed

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Ambode Akinwunmi Dumps Siren- PM News / 'ocean' At Satellite Town And Ikeja Respectively / Emir Of Kano Sanusi To Marry 4th Wife, 17-year-old Daughter Of Lamido Of Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.