Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

RAV 4 Dashboard Lights: Urgent Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / RAV 4 Dashboard Lights: Urgent Help (2198 Views)

How Do I Protect My Dashboard And Leather Seats From The Sun / A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings / My 2001 Toyota Corolla Refuses To Start But All The Dashboard Lights Will Be On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RAV 4 Dashboard Lights: Urgent Help by chiboyo(m): 7:12am On May 10, 2015
Hello good people NL, I need urgent assistance on what I can do to resolve the dashboard lights on my '06 RAV 4

I have scanned the car twice in two different locations and same fault: "rear right wheel sensor faulty"

I have changed the hub twice now (mechanic send we can't purchase the sensor on its own) as they say the sensor is an integral part of the hub but lights still persist.

Please can I get any assistance from the gurus in the house?

The dashboard lights are ; ABS, brake lights on, skid lights on and VSC

Cc: Lomomike, mayor123, cityNg, Gazzuzz
Re: RAV 4 Dashboard Lights: Urgent Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:24am On May 10, 2015
chiboyo:
Hello good people NL, I need urgent assistance on what I can do to resolve the dashboard lights on my '06 RAV 4

I have scanned the car twice in two different locations and same fault: "rear right wheel sensor faulty"

I have changed the hub twice now (mechanic send we can't purchase the sensor on its own) as they say the sensor is an integral part of the hub but lights still persist.

Please can I get any assistance from the gurus in the house?

The dashboard lights are ; ABS, brake lights on, skid lights on and VSC

Cc: Lomomike, mayor123, cityNg, Gazzuzz

Since you have replaced it and it didn't work let's go about it a diferrent way. Get a multimeter and set it to resistance (Kohms) test if the abs sensor is actually working, next go to the abs pump and dissconnect the socket (remove car battery terminals first) from there you can check all four abs sensors using your meter. If the all checkout then I'm pretty sure you need a new abs pump.

If all this is confusing and ur in lagos call me

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5YY8-rT-k0pw7hEL_pDAnwmc2C6OSpJVGivsnYWRPhLjj6qzpTr_pzct_[/img]

3 Likes

Re: RAV 4 Dashboard Lights: Urgent Help by chiboyo(m): 7:28am On May 10, 2015
I am in PH sir...
Re: RAV 4 Dashboard Lights: Urgent Help by DECOtech(m): 8:00am On May 10, 2015
chiboyo:
I am in PH sir...

I will be in PH nxt month. If symptom persist, please consult 08030938491
Re: RAV 4 Dashboard Lights: Urgent Help by Nobody: 8:05am On May 10, 2015
Check your ABS wheel speed sensor, ring on that affected wheel, ABS lines, ABS module, if all are good, check your ECU.
Re: RAV 4 Dashboard Lights: Urgent Help by chiboyo(m): 8:11am On May 10, 2015
lomomike:
Check your ABS wheel speed sensor, ring on that affected wheel, ABS lines, ABS module, if all are good, check your ECU.

Please can you recommend any good place in PH where I can get all these checked

I will be in PH nxt month. If symptom persist, please consult 08030938491[/quote]

Thanks, would definitely contact you
Re: RAV 4 Dashboard Lights: Urgent Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:50am On May 10, 2015
chiboyo:
I am in PH sir...

If you are tired of wasting money buying parts you don't need call chucks +234 803 312 3865 he's in PH has a workshop there.
Re: RAV 4 Dashboard Lights: Urgent Help by chiboyo(m): 7:40pm On May 10, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

If you are tired of wasting money buying parts you don't need call chucks +234 803 312 3865 he's in PH has a workshop there.

Thanks a lot, I have contacted him and would meet him up in his workshop sometime this week.
Would update on the outcome
Re: RAV 4 Dashboard Lights: Urgent Help by empron(m): 4:54pm On May 11, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Since you have replaced it and it didn't work let's go about it a diferrent way. Get a multimeter and set it to resistance (ohms) test if the abs sensor is actually working, next go to the abs pump and dissconnect the socket (remove car battery terminals first) from there you can check all four abs sensors using your meter. If the all checkout then I'm pretty sure you need a new abs pump.

08023251039 08033910382

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5YY8-rT-k0pw7hEL_pDAnwmc2C6OSpJVGivsnYWRPhLjj6qzpTr_pzct_[/img]

Good job
Re: RAV 4 Dashboard Lights: Urgent Help by chiboyo(m): 9:57pm On May 16, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

chiboyo:

Thanks a lot, I have contacted him and would meet him up in his workshop sometime this week.
Would update on the outcome

I met with chuks today, I must admit a very honest gentleman..

Suffice to say that all lights have been cleared (although did not come cheap, lol)

@Gazzuzz,thanks a billion, you are our saviour on this forum am feeling so happy driving without the plenty lights on the dashboard

Cheers
Re: RAV 4 Dashboard Lights: Urgent Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:18pm On May 17, 2015
chiboyo:

I met with chuks today, I must admit a very honest gentleman..

Suffice to say that all lights have been cleared (although did not come cheap, lol)

@Gazzuzz,thanks a billion, you are our saviour on this forum am feeling so happy driving without the plenty lights on the dashboard

Cheers

I'm happy your problem was solved.

1 Like

Re: RAV 4 Dashboard Lights: Urgent Help by OShepherd: 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Since you have replaced it and it didn't work let's go about it a diferrent way. Get a multimeter and set it to resistance (ohms) test if the abs sensor is actually working, next go to the abs pump and dissconnect the socket (remove car battery terminals first) from there you can check all four abs sensors using your meter. If the all checkout then I'm pretty sure you need a new abs pump.

08023251039 08033910382

great job Gazzuz

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Ikenna351 / It Is Another GAZZUZZ Thread� / A Hyundai Tucson Against A Civic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.