Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,983 members, 7,835,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Pls There Should Be An Avenue For Appeal Against Any Ban - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pls There Should Be An Avenue For Appeal Against Any Ban (582 Views)

Abraham Rejects Ondo APC Primaries, Heads For Appeal Committee. Mo / Pls There Is No Power Supply In EJIGBO Idimu Rd. / WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Pls There Should Be An Avenue For Appeal Against Any Ban by Kasiem2: 12:01pm On May 10, 2015
The way I was just slammed with a ban by one of the mods is quite pathetic. So, I think whenever an undeserved ban is placed on anybody there should be a way of examining and giving the alleged 'banee' a fair hearing. We aren't living a buhari era where we can't express ourselve.

Lalasticlala, ishilove, and Seun take note
Re: Pls There Should Be An Avenue For Appeal Against Any Ban by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 10, 2015
Seconded
Re: Pls There Should Be An Avenue For Appeal Against Any Ban by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 10, 2015
Thirded grin
Re: Pls There Should Be An Avenue For Appeal Against Any Ban by Braaad: 12:13pm On May 10, 2015
fourthed
grin
Re: Pls There Should Be An Avenue For Appeal Against Any Ban by ibkgab001: 12:18pm On May 10, 2015
You must have run against the rule .. May be you think rules are made to be broken
Re: Pls There Should Be An Avenue For Appeal Against Any Ban by Kasiem2: 12:26pm On May 10, 2015
ibkgab001:
You must have run against the rule .. May be you think rules are made to be broken
what rules guide those of them that act as admins....... if they should act stupidly and u remind them that they've acted stupidly is it bad?
Re: Pls There Should Be An Avenue For Appeal Against Any Ban by chaloner(m): 12:27pm On May 10, 2015
ibkgab001:
lik u re new on this earth . So rule run over cnt b appeal for or wat ?
Re: Pls There Should Be An Avenue For Appeal Against Any Ban by Arogunmasa(m): 12:31pm On May 10, 2015
Me think this run against the rule of natural justice. There is no fair hearing in this process, who determines who fell foul of the rules. Even if its a kangaroo panel the accuse must be made to face one, he should be given the chance to defend his actions.

It runs contrary to the spirit of fair hearing in our constitution to deny such right. I think giving the moderators absolute power to impose a ban is despotic.
Re: Pls There Should Be An Avenue For Appeal Against Any Ban by ibkgab001: 12:35pm On May 10, 2015
Remember Newton thirds law of motion ... For every action equal and opposite reaction must occur .... Which implies when the opposite reactions occurred on NL there is no medicine after death hope you get the logic
Re: Pls There Should Be An Avenue For Appeal Against Any Ban by Kasiem2: 12:39pm On May 10, 2015
Arogunmasa:
Me think this run against the rule of natural justice. There is no fair hearing in this process, who determines who fell foul of the rules. Even if its a kangaroo panel the accuse must be made to face one, he should be given the chance to defend his actions.

It runs contrary to the spirit of fair hearing in our constitution to deny such right. I think giving the moderators absolute power to impose a ban is despotic.
it's very easy to manipulate the group cos what it takes is just to bribe the mods into banning any person that attacks buhari, any yoruba leader and others. And the way the mods select any day they want for the expiration of the ban is another thing. Imagine, they just told me that my expires on July 8. This quite horrible, unless, the spirit of buhari has overtaken them sha
Re: Pls There Should Be An Avenue For Appeal Against Any Ban by sammieguze(m): 12:44pm On May 10, 2015
I concur.

The way they ban ehn...

And to make it worse, the mods won't reply ur mentions or mail to seek clarifications
Re: Pls There Should Be An Avenue For Appeal Against Any Ban by lalasticlala(m): 1:11pm On May 10, 2015
A moderator would always state the reason(s) for a ban which one can always see on his/her profile when banned. So if you feel the ban was unjust or that you didn't really understand why you were banned, you can mail the super mods.

(1)

See List Of 30 Army Officials Marked For Court-martial Over Boko Haram / PDP Members Ask Court To Halt Mu’azu’s Forced Resignation / Breaking News: President Sentenced To Death!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.