Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

How Suswam Betrayed Me – Benue Gov-elect, Dr Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Suswam Betrayed Me – Benue Gov-elect, Dr Ortom (723 Views)

Benue Guber Race: Suswam Betrayed Me, Says Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Suswam Betrayed Me – Benue Gov-elect, Dr Ortom by BenueBlog(f): 2:09pm On May 10, 2015
Benue state Governor-elect, Dr Samuel Ortom today looked back into his relationship with governor of Benue state, Dr Gabriel Suswam and revealed how the outgoing governor betrayed him.

Ortom stated this today when he played host to APC leaders and members from Gboko local government who paid him solidarity visit.

Gboko local government returned the highest votes for the APC governorship candidate in the April 11th elections, polling 55,002.
The governor-elect who was addressing party members from Gboko revealed that even after playing a key role in the emergence of Suswam as the governor of Benue state in 2007, the outgoing governor set out “deliberately to undermine my success as the governor of Benue state.”

In his words, “when our leader, Sen. George Akume directed us on what to do in the run up to the 2007 governorship election, I alongside others worked tirelessly to ensure that Suswam became governor. Even though am his senior in age and politics, i never abstained from my role as a dedicated party leader. When I served under him as national Auditor at the PDP headquarters and later as Minister, I never betrayed him nor worked at cross purposes with his intensions. I was therefore saddened when he worked to undermine my ambition to be governor of Benue state,” he lamented.

Dr Ortom also took time to shed more light on the misconceptions arising from the 8 SUV’s given him by the governor, saying these vehicles were neither birthday gifts nor vehicles meant for his personally but such were statutory obligations of the outgoing administration on the incoming government.

The governor-elect then pledged to uphold the mandate given him and that he will not compromise at any level in the discharge of his duties as governor of Benue state, saying that his commitment to govern with honesty and the fear of God is sacrosanct.

The Gboko APC chairman and other leaders of the party who spoke pledged their commitment to the success of the incoming administration.

http://benue.com.ng/how-suswam-betrayed-me-ortom/

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Rescue Nigeria From Epileptic Power Supply? / Photo: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Awarded With A Honorary Degree By Yale University / Dangote Cement Slashes Own Prize By 40%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.