Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan (1318 Views)

Paris Airport Attacker Said He Was ‘ready To Die For Allah’ / Kampamba Mulenga: I Stopped Being A Prostitute After I Was Appointed Minister / Why Do Politicians Celebrate Thanksgiving Services In Church After Elections? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by solaugo(m): 3:28pm On May 10, 2015

President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday said he was ready to pay the supreme price for Nigeria with all the benefits he has derived from the country right from his school days.

Apart from getting scholarships in school, he said he became a deputy governor, governor, vice president and president by the grace of God.

Jonathan, who noted that he was not more hardworking than other Nigerians, said that security personnel who have not gotten 0.5 percent of the benefits he derived from office, have been paying the supreme price for the country.

He spoke during the Thanksgiving and Farewell service in his honour at the Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion), Cathedral Church of the Advent, Life-camp, Gwarimpa, Abuja.

He said: “When I look at the whole picture of my life up to when I became the president of this country. And I say that if soldiers and police officers that have not received 0. 5 percent of the benefits that I have received from the state can lay their lives for this country, I should do anything in the interest of Nigeria including paying the supreme price.”

“As long as live, I will continue to do my best for the state because the state has helped me as a person. I have to thank Nigerians especially my state for giving me the opportunity to serve as deputy governor and the whole country gave me the opportunity to serve as Vice President and then president, first was to complete the tenure of the late president and later serve as president from which I am exiting now as a very happy and fulfilled man.” he said

Stressing that there are reasons for eveything, he said that some decisions taken by him and the government have their costs.

He said: “I believe there are reasons for everything. Some hard decisions have their own cost, no doubt about that. That I have ran the government this way that stabilized certain things, the electoral process and other things that brought stability into this country. They were very costly decisions which I myself must be ready to pay for.”

“Some people come to me and say this or that person is he not your friend that benefited. Is it not your government that this person benefited from? But this is what the person is saying. But I used to say worse statements will come. If you take certain decisions, you should know that those close to you will even abandon you at some point. And I tell them that more of my so-called friends will disappear.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/i-was-ready-to-die-for-nigeria-says-jonathan/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by shakazuldadon: 3:28pm On May 10, 2015
you are too gentle for Nigeria Sir.

1 Like

Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by Welrez(m): 3:29pm On May 10, 2015
Don't die for what hates you!
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by aristocrazzy: 3:30pm On May 10, 2015
Camman kip quiet Mr. President!

1 Like

Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by SuperSuave(m): 3:31pm On May 10, 2015
shakazuldadon:
you are too gentle for Nigeria Sir.
but he seems like a green snake under green grass to me

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by Mogidi: 3:36pm On May 10, 2015
“As long as live, I will continue to do my best for the state because the state has helped me as a person. I have to thank Nigerians especially my state for giving me the opportunity to serve as deputy governor and the whole country gave me the opportunity to serve as Vice President and then president, first was to complete the tenure of the late president and later serve as president from which I am exiting now as a very happy and fulfilled man.” he said

Humble as ever, meanwhile in Daura, a career soldier believes Nigeria owes him keys to Aso Rock by virtue of being a Fulani man.

3 Likes

Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by umar745(m): 3:37pm On May 10, 2015
He would have died for Nigeria, but instead Nigeria chose to kill him
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 10, 2015
Dey deceive us. Na God go Judge u Sir!

1 Like

Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 10, 2015
I don de pity Jona oo grin gringrin

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

God bless Nairaland.
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 10, 2015
God Bless You Mr President...

The good people of Nigeria are proud of you

Nigeria's most Democratic President ever

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by mankand(m): 3:54pm On May 10, 2015
This dude keep letting people know how clueless he is. What does he understand by been ready to die for the country? When he haven't made any sacrifice for Nigerians. The same clown eat N3 million Naira food daily when there are families who went to bed without food and have no hope for the next meal.

This is the same goat that never went to born state since the insurgency took another dimension to cheer up our troops, this is the same goat that said he doesn't give a damn about declaring his asset.

I wonder if he reasons with his head or dick

1 Like

Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by baralatie(m): 3:54pm On May 10, 2015
umar745:
He would have died for Nigeria, but instead Nigeria chose to kill him
smooth

1 Like

Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by Basildvalour(m): 3:55pm On May 10, 2015
Farewell Mr. President
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 10, 2015
When politicians lie, the devil hides behind jesus
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by Eshinwaju: 4:21pm On May 10, 2015
gud riddance to bad rubbish...... grin
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by Rilwon: 4:31pm On May 10, 2015
Please don't die o! Just go relax for Otueke and leave our yams in peace! The much U and ur rampaging goats have eaten don reach!
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by abduljabbar4(m): 4:33pm On May 10, 2015
“People keep saying, why don’t we go to Chibok, why don’t we go to Chibok. Aaah, we can’t go to Chibook Just like that. The Boko Haram people will fire at us.”- Gej.

If you don't believe me, ask google.
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by abduljabbar4(m): 4:37pm On May 10, 2015
mankand:
This dude keep letting people know how clueless he is. What does he understand by been ready to die for the country? When he haven't made any sacrifice for Nigerians. The same clown eat N3 million Naira food daily when there are families who went to bed without food and have no hope for the next meal.

This is the same goat that never went to born state since the insurgency took another dimension to cheer up our troops, this is the same goat that said he doesn't give a damn about declaring his asset.

I wonder if he reasons with his head or dick
Yes oo. He refused to go until when election came. He thinks Hausas are like those people he decieved with niger bridge
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 10, 2015
Many are sill blind to the phenomenon called Jonathan.
Sir, the UN is calling.
Continue in your humility and simplicity.

When the fanfare is over in Nigeria, then they will know the difference between CHANGE and ONE CHANCE!

1 Like

Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by Iamoilprince(m): 4:40pm On May 10, 2015
Ur friends has ran away. I can be ur new friend sir
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by abduljabbar4(m): 4:41pm On May 10, 2015
barcanista:
God Bless You Mr President...

The good people of Nigeria are proud of you

Nigeria's most Democratic President ever
And the bad people of Nigeria are not.
Pot calling kettle black. Somebody like you telling us who is good and who is bad.
Hmmmm
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 10, 2015
Oooooo God .........this man again Pls why is this month so slow This May is the slowest month of the century
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:46pm On May 10, 2015
Lying in the church? Na wa o.
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by Sweetguy25: 4:46pm On May 10, 2015
Goodluck you were a good man. The problem with you is that you were not like a typical Nigerian politician. I wish you well in your future endeavors though. Do try to lay low like certain past presidents (Shagari) and don't try to be a nuisance like Obasanjo and IBB.
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by ruggedboy01: 4:47pm On May 10, 2015
Thank God u no die because pdp still needs u cheesy grin
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by Boscojugunu(m): 5:11pm On May 10, 2015
U death would have been a waste yourself, PDP, and the nation at large..... nonsence
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by kheart(m): 5:33pm On May 10, 2015
U can still die for otuekans and biafrans after may 29
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by ucheokpara100(m): 5:39pm On May 10, 2015
but why him no die again na?
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by san316(m): 5:41pm On May 10, 2015
When you had the opportunity to die for Nigeria, you decided to chop 1b naira food.

When you were expected to lay your safety for Nigeria you decided to fly to France arguing that BH will kill you.

GEJ you can lie ooo

La wa ooooh
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by Orunto: 6:28pm On May 10, 2015
You have joined the Leaque of foremost world leaders of repute who lost elections when they should have won them.
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by BlackTechnology: 6:30pm On May 10, 2015
The Northern Tiger must be ready to purge corruption from its root.

Buhari

Prove us wrong that you are not

BABA ONE CHANCE

BABA HYPOCRITE

BABA MAGICIAN

Prove us wrong by probing

Tinubu OBJ Saraki Atiku Rochas Amaechi

Prove us wrong by probing the corrupt Federal Civil Service which is dominated by Tinubu's people

Sir

Tinubu's people voted you because they believe they can steal the oil wealth and presidency through you

They believe Tinubu through Osinbajo can control your government the way Idiagbon did

Sir

They do not believe in change because if they do, they would have voted you in 2007 and 2011

Remember that you are a descendant of Usman Dan Fodio

Remember that your ancestors never allowed the Oduduwas deceive them

WISE UP wink wink wink cool
Re: Thanksgiving Services - I Was Ready To Die For Nigeria, Says Jonathan by truefact: 7:44pm On May 10, 2015
A clueless and weakling, a betrayer and deceiver will always speak like a confused man.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obama Snubs President Buhari In The United States Of America / Check Out This Brazilian Politician Running His Campaign Alone(photos) / Putin To Create A 100km Wide No Man's Land On Ukraine Soil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.