Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? (16292 Views)

Deliverance Through Prayer / Revival Through Prayer / Nigerian Guy Replies Church That Asked God To Change Their Smell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 10, 2015
During our Sunday school service in church today, this question was being asked by one of our members and it leads to a serious argument. So, I've decided to share the same question with you guys also.

Is it possible to change God's will through prayer?

your opinions are highly welcome.
cc: lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by freeradical(m): 3:38pm On May 10, 2015
Why in the world would you want to change Gods will. Don't you know his will is always better for us

As xtians we have to trust in the power nd awesomeness of our God. He chose to create us in his own image out of love. His plans for us r always for good even if we r not seeing it that way due to the limitations of our human minds. Jesus Christ our lord taught us to pray ... Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Heaven is what it is because of the fact that Gods will is paramount there. Its funny we will trade everything to go to heaven but we reject God's will here on earth. Nothing compares to his will pple. There is a reason he is called the almighty so lets trust in him.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 10, 2015
come this drunkard wetin u find come religion section?

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by SuperSuave(m): 3:39pm On May 10, 2015
I think Hezikiah changed Gods will in the bible.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 10, 2015
come this drunkard wetin u find come religion section
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by malonephill(m): 3:46pm On May 10, 2015
You can't when is good will, but you can when is bad caused by oneself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Jackeeh(m): 3:56pm On May 10, 2015
SuperSuave:
I think Hezikiah changed Gods will in the bible.

Yes. God's will for hezekiah was death at the time. but hezekiah wept and prayed an additional 15 years into his life. That's the reason I get mad when people give up and let themselves die before their time. I've survived a terminal illness and I'm still alive. I'm not in a hurry to die. They that know their God shall do exploits. When you know what God's word says concerning your situation and you hold Him by His words, He has no choice than to comply because na Him talk am. and Him no dey lie. Choosing JESUS is sweet.

104 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Kay17: 3:58pm On May 10, 2015
Orijin101:
During our Sunday school service in church today, this question was being asked by one of our members and it leads to a serious argument. So, I've decided to share the same question with you guys also.

Is it possible to change God's will through prayer?

your opinions are highly welcome.
cc: lalasticlala

It should depend on how perfect God's will is. Wills do change in order to avert error, and if God sees his will contains errors, prayers might shed light to this and God would then change.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 10, 2015
No

As human beings...we have no power over our worldy affairs. We only have power over our situation in the hereafter (heaven/hell matters)

I will explain.

.if you will be rich on earth...it will definitely come to pass...
But you being patient or you going for money rituals/armed robbery is your choice. That's your way of choosing heaven or hell.

If you will be sick at some point...you will be sick...ypu can't escape it.
But you deciding to stand with God in sickness or rushing to false deities for help is your own way of choosing heaven/hell.

If you will be the president ... It will come to pass definitely.
But, you deciding to wait on God, or assasinating whomever you see as an opponent is your choice of heaven/hell.

To cut the long story,

God has advised us...be patient..in every situation..it is only a test..not even a leaf falls from the tree without God's permission...what is yours will always be yours..

Your own concern should be "am I standing with God at all times??"
That is where prayer comes in. Prayer only helps us to stand firmly in faith...in rememberance...in trust.. It makes us closer to God, so that we feel His hand, we feel His presence, so that we know it's only a test.

In good times, give Him all praise.
In sad times, do the same.

But above all...Trust in God...He has the best plan for you.

Source: Qur'an

18 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Isiterere(m): 4:01pm On May 10, 2015
I don't know. can destiny be changed?

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by tartar9(m): 4:01pm On May 10, 2015
Sunday school service or drunkards meeting
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by okooloyun1(m): 4:02pm On May 10, 2015
K
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by zenith4biz(m): 4:03pm On May 10, 2015
Which part of God's will, be specific?
Marriage
Life occurrence
Or
Which particular one cos God's will plenty

God major will for us is to enter into his Kingdom but we have a choice whether to enter or not.

What shall it profit a man to drink all origin in Nigeria and loose his soul
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by haibe(m): 4:03pm On May 10, 2015
Yes its possible

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by ednut1(m): 4:03pm On May 10, 2015
to me every tin dat happens is Gods will. good or bad

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by eleojo23: 4:03pm On May 10, 2015
Whatever a believer binds on earth is bound in heaven.
The Bible says 'as He is, so are we in this world.' It means that the way God commands things to happen, we too can do the same.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Dbboy(m): 4:03pm On May 10, 2015
No,because there is nothing like Gods will it just a freaking delusional scriptural stance. Every result you get off life is as a result of the choices you make. Sorry to disappoint you on that,God win ;Dguess that how you say it.
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by free2ryhme: 4:04pm On May 10, 2015
Kay17:

It should depend on how perfect God's will is. Wills do change in order to avert error, and if God sees his will contains errors, prayers might shed light to this and God would then change.

God does not do error

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by yorubaboiy: 4:04pm On May 10, 2015
beeni
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by kay1one2(m): 4:04pm On May 10, 2015

Learn about God's definite will and His permissive will!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by tuffgongjo(m): 4:04pm On May 10, 2015
King Hezekiah's case is an example that you can do it. Even king Ahab is another example.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by haibe(m): 4:04pm On May 10, 2015
Isiterere:
I don't know. can destiny be changed?

ALL IZZ WELL
I doubt.. although ple say ur destiny is ur hands but there is this primary control over u which u just have to submit to

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by kennydee05(m): 4:04pm On May 10, 2015
Yes.
Reference : Hezekiah

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by chuose: 4:04pm On May 10, 2015
it depends
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by Ruq: 4:05pm On May 10, 2015
I thought they said he has everything all planned out, why then expect prayers to change'em. Since he knows the begining and the end. What's the use of prayers.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by chiedu7: 4:05pm On May 10, 2015
David tried but failed

Hezekiah succeeded

Isaiah 38(KJV)

1 In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came unto him, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Set thine house in order: for thou shalt die, and not live.

2 Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed unto the Lord,

4 Then came the word of the Lord to Isaiah, saying,

5 Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the Lord, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years.
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by lilmax(m): 4:05pm On May 10, 2015
Questions
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by free2ryhme: 4:05pm On May 10, 2015
Don't argue what is beyond your understanding

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by cold(m): 4:05pm On May 10, 2015
Hmm..if you all agree that god knows all and sees all. Knows the beginning and the end and has everything planned to the hilt then why pray at all? What purpose do prayers serve?
Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by hustla242: 4:06pm On May 10, 2015
We can't change God's will. God never changes, there are circumstances that will not change unless we do something about it, like Hezekiah- it was Gods will that he cry out to God for more time.

It's never His will that any man perishes but that by prayer we change the situation. That's why the Bible asks us to pray, we don't change His will by prayer but prayer allows us to operate in His perfect will. Shalom

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Change God's Will Through Prayer ? by kay1one2(m): 4:06pm On May 10, 2015
tartar9:
Sunday school service or drunkards meeting

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Warning! The Trumpet Is Fixing To Sound. JESUS Is Coming! / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Storms Abuja For Partners, Sons & Daughters Night / Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.