Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,601 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan (52720 Views)

Expect More Good Works From Me – Jonathan Tells Nigerians / 2015 Elections: I Hope Patience Will Not Divorce Me – Jonathan / MEND Leader, Henry Okah Was Paid To Assassinate Me - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by ukandi1(m): 6:25am On May 11, 2015
cold:
Maybe he never made any such comment,maybe it was just a humorous tongue in cheek comment which has been blown out of proportion by the typical mediocre journalists now littering the country with their form of yellow journalism. I always have my pinch of salt ready when reading Nigerian news print articles.

you are wise
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Demdem(m): 6:26am On May 11, 2015
Another sillyy talk from the world renowned fool.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by kuroben4real: 6:58am On May 11, 2015
midolian:
In fact PEJ should be the one hoping Mr clueless doesn't divorce him. This is because the shepo contributed largely to the clueless husband's defeat by calling the northerners Almajiris..The same Almajiris that kicked them out cheesy cheesy cheesy
lets clear this...... if u are been ruled by a clueless man for 5 consecutive years, then what are u?
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by kuroben4real: 7:06am On May 11, 2015
buskie13:
whatever floats his goat...soon all GEJ n PEJ news won't be heard again.
so u are not hearing about obasanjo simply because he is not in office again? What do u mean
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by kuroben4real: 7:07am On May 11, 2015
khattab008:
Abuja - President Goodluck Jonathan Sunday expressed the fears that his wife might divorce him because of his decision to allow the process of the just concluded election go on to its logical conclusion without interference.

Speaking at a thanks giving and farewell service in his honour at the Cathedral Church of the Advent Life-Camp, Gwarinpa, Abuja, President Jonathan cited the case of the former South African Apartheid leader, FW De Clerk whose wife divorced him for taking the decision to end the minority rule in the Republic of South Africa.

President Jonathan who expressed appreciation to Nigeria and Nigerians for giving him the opportunity to serve at various capacities reiterated his willingness to make the ultimate sacrifice in the interest of the Nation.

He said: “I believe there are reasons for everything. Some hard decisions have their own cost, no doubt about that. That I have ran the government this way that stabilized certain things, the electoral process and other things that brought stability into this country. They were very costly decisions which I myself must be ready to pay for.

“Some people come to me and say this or that person is he not your friend that benefited? Is it not your government that this person benefited from? But this is what the person is saying. But I used to say worse statements will come. If you take certain decisions, you should know that those close to you will even abandon you at some point. And I tell them that more of my so-called friends will disappear. When FW De Clerk took the decision to abolish minority rule in RSA, even his wife divorced him. I hope my wife will not divorce me. But that is the only decision that has made RSA to still remain a global player by this time. If we still had that minority rule there, by this time, nobody will be talking about RSA.
“If you take certain decisions, it might be good for the generality of the people but it might affect people differently. So for ministers and aides who served with me, I sympathize with them, they will be persecuted. And they must be ready for that persecution” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/2015-elections-i-hope-my-wife-will-not-divorce-me-jonathan/
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by kuroben4real: 7:09am On May 11, 2015
khattab008:
Abuja - President Goodluck Jonathan Sunday expressed the fears that his wife might divorce him because of his decision to allow the process of the just concluded election go on to its logical conclusion without interference.

Speaking at a thanks giving and farewell service in his honour at the Cathedral Church of the Advent Life-Camp, Gwarinpa, Abuja, President Jonathan cited the case of the former South African Apartheid leader, FW De Clerk whose wife divorced him for taking the decision to end the minority rule in the Republic of South Africa.

President Jonathan who expressed appreciation to Nigeria and Nigerians for giving him the opportunity to serve at various capacities reiterated his willingness to make the ultimate sacrifice in the interest of the Nation.

He said: “I believe there are reasons for everything. Some hard decisions have their own cost, no doubt about that. That I have ran the government this way that stabilized certain things, the electoral process and other things that brought stability into this country. They were very costly decisions which I myself must be ready to pay for.

“Some people come to me and say this or that person is he not your friend that benefited? Is it not your government that this person benefited from? But this is what the person is saying. But I used to say worse statements will come. If you take certain decisions, you should know that those close to you will even abandon you at some point. And I tell them that more of my so-called friends will disappear. When FW De Clerk took the decision to abolish minority rule in RSA, even his wife divorced him. I hope my wife will not divorce me. But that is the only decision that has made RSA to still remain a global player by this time. If we still had that minority rule there, by this time, nobody will be talking about RSA.
“If you take certain decisions, it might be good for the generality of the people but it might affect people differently. So for ministers and aides who served with me, I sympathize with them, they will be persecuted. And they must be ready for that persecution” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/2015-elections-i-hope-my-wife-will-not-divorce-me-jonathan/
whenever this man speaks i can see some sense. Though; "there will be haters".
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Spaxon(f): 8:47am On May 11, 2015
kelvyn7:

ahhhhhhh, why nau
u don play me 419 ni grin
ehnnn make d person buy sef, no be land?
what me I want from u is different tongue wink

the only thing u need from me is a plot of Land and I'll get that for u cheesy
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by shammah1(m): 9:04am On May 11, 2015
I responded to the comments I saw amicably and have no regrets. You should gather the build up to my comment before quoting me wrong
midolian:
you once made a comment connecting Buhari to Boko haram. Is that not hatred? Do u have any prove he has anything to do with the group?
do u remember this?

can u deny making this comment too? Tell me you like Buhari with this comment of yours.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by dharay88: 9:36am On May 11, 2015
so what..?
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by benzylas(m): 10:05am On May 11, 2015
Nigeria has a way of insulting our President now see an insult on the president = a big time degradation of our national prestige dat is why smaller countries now want to challenge Nigeria
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by kelvyn7: 10:19am On May 11, 2015
Spaxon:

the only thing u need from me is a plot of Land
and I'll get that for u cheesy

shocked shocked shocked

dnt forget to add...

to add what i want too wink grin grin

dats not too much to ask for nau cry

i always get what i want cool

***in aboki's voice ... and u have what i want flenty flenty grin grin
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by buskie13(m): 10:41am On May 11, 2015
kuroben4real:

so u are not hearing about obasanjo simply because he is not in office again? What do u mean
how many times do hear of IBB,Shonekan,Shagari ,Gowon n co...Obasanjo is just a retardeen
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Spaxon(f): 11:52am On May 11, 2015
kelvyn7:

shocked shocked shocked
dnt forget to add...
to add what i want too wink grin grin
dats not too much to ask for nau cry
i always get what i want cool
***in aboki's voice ... and u have what i want flenty flenty grin grin
yes I got flenty flenty land.....
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Naijiant: 12:32pm On May 11, 2015
She planned to divorce him if he lost.
http://www.naijiant.com/photos/mama-p-issues-ultimatum/
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by kelvyn7: 1:02pm On May 11, 2015
Spaxon:

yes I got flenty flenty land.....

oooooo nau angry

not land alone...together with "something" wink

and u hav it in abundance shocked grin grin
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Bizibi(m): 1:45pm On May 11, 2015
Realfiness:
Please o that was a joke that he made, I was live in Church, as a matter of fact I am one of the choristers in the Church. he just a joke out of.
don't mind the illiterates here......many idiots on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Spaxon(f): 2:10pm On May 11, 2015
kelvyn7:

oooooo nau angry
not land alone...together with "something" wink
and u hav it in abundance shocked grin grin

oh my bad..... lots of toilet tissues lol
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by kelvyn7: 2:51pm On May 11, 2015
Spaxon:

oh my bad.....
lots of toilet tissues lol

hahahahahaha grin

u ehnnnnn
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by henroe2k2(m): 3:20pm On May 11, 2015
this is a twisted story. And it goes to show the height of cluelessness on the part of the vanguardngr.com
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by VivaDeAngelo(m): 5:26pm On May 11, 2015
"In 1994 FW de Klerk began an affair with Elita
Georgiades, the wife of Tony Georgiades, a Greek
shipping tycoon who had allegedly given de Klerk
and the National Party financial support. FW and
Marike's marriage ended in 1998 with FW
announcing on Valentine's Day that he intended to
divorce his wife of 38 years.[6] Marike was opposed
to the divorce:'If you change your mind, I'll forgive
everything - up to 70 times seven.' However FW
replied: 'I'm certain about my decision. Stop
hoping.'[7] F. W. de Klerk married Georgiades a
week after his divorce to Marike was official".

*Source: Wikipedia*

I am not concerned with our mischievous press that will always twist the truth and force the whole world to experience it,nor the illogical and irrational Nairalanders who could not deduce what GEJ actually meant. But,a person who has reached such a lofty height as GEJ must always ascertain the veracity of an incident before dishing it out to the public.
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by Spaxon(f): 10:29pm On May 11, 2015
kelvyn7:

hahahahahaha grin
u ehnnnnn
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by DDoubleUps(m): 9:54am On May 12, 2015
midolian:
pained asshole.. I shouldn't have engaged myself in a 'fight of words' with u in the first place. There is nothing as difficult as trying to make a foolish opponent understand..if I knew u were igbo, I wouldn't have bothered myself cheesy cheesy
your small mind starts and end with ethnicity and looking for opponents and the glaring truth in your eyes is too hard for you to see... dumb on
Re: Aftermath Of Elections: I Hope Patience Would Not Divorce Me - Jonathan by CosmicJames(m): 10:30am On Oct 27, 2018
BlackTechnology:
A true democrat has spoken

Tinubu and his people are about to experience their worst nightmare in the hands of a Northern Tiger. grin

Bro, you're a prophet?
What you said years back is what's happening today

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Offers To Cut Buhari's Hair For 1year To Save 86m Off The Nation's Budget / It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued / 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.