Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,310 members, 7,846,374 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Getting Out Of These Woods - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Getting Out Of These Woods (334 Views)

'I Think Nigeria Is Getting Out Of Recession' - Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun / Nigeria Already Getting Out Of Recession –adeosun / Obasanjo Getting Out Of Jail Thanksgiving Video And Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Getting Out Of These Woods by BestGovernance(f): 10:47pm On May 10, 2015
It has been said that spectators will never know how pitch pinched the players until they become ball kickers, if not they will keep on using their mouths to mirage goals. We don't need a rocket science to interpret current economy epistle of Nigeria, so it is a crystal clear that all is not rosy. From backlog of salaries owed by many states to uncertainty of oil revenue with 100% importation married with devaluation of naira, it seems overnight promised change might not be feasible as prophesied by BUHARI and his party. To me APC and BUHARI should come out plain and explain reality of things to Nigerians against earlier fantasies instead of passing buck to outgoing/previous government. According to Thomas Jefferson that honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom, thus hanging on the previous failures as excuse of not being able to deliver speedy change will make people start doubting the incoming government. This might not only cause distrust but indicate lack of proper homework from BUHARI and his party who have not started but already taking reverse on their lofty changes such as manifesto is not Bible or Quaran, not a miracle worker, change cannot come overnight and so on. Truly, expectations of Nigerians have been astronomically heightened by their campaign promises but Nigerians can still lend them time.

To me this is not campaign time it is time for real business, so pinpointing holes again will be like treading the old path of previous leaders who solely attributed their failures to colonial masters and predecessors. Some theorists say will need clear picture of the past for the future to be coiled from the present but Nigerians are aware of the past and the present is not strange from them. So let all these noises about past and outgoing government errors stop for us to move on. For BUHARI to be quoting 16 years of PDP as failure, it means he has quickly forgotten the likes of OBJ, ATIKU, G5 and others who were parts of architects of these woes but now king makers in his camp. Let me leave that for another day.
To cap it here, I strongly believe in this project called Nigeria, so the incoming government should apologise to Nigerians for their unrealistic proposals before we start thinking that they are taking us for a ride. Nigerians are ready to support them for a better Nigeria.