Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola (1361 Views)

Maradona To Take Legal Action Against PES 2017 Makers / Maradona, Messi, Kanu Nwankwo To Play Anti-terrorism Match In Nigeria / Maradona Disappointed In Messi Absence As Madrid Icons Pile In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by Nobody: 8:24am On May 11, 2015
Diego Maradona says Jose Mourinho is the “greatest” and Pep Guardiola is not yet at the level of the Chelsea manager.

In an exclusive interview with Revista de La Liga’s Guillem Balague, which is now available On Demand to Sky Sports subscribers, the Argentina football legend explained his fondness for Mourinho, who has steered Chelsea to the Premier League title this season.

Guardiola has won two league titles with Bayern Munich in Germany, having won three Spanish titles and two Champions Leagues with Barcelona, but Maradona insists Mourinho’s record is better.

Learn what Maradona said about Jose Mourinho on next page.

“Mourinho is a friend of mine,” Maradona said.

“For me, Mourinho is the greatest without a shadow of a doubt because he knows what you’re going to say before you say it.

“It’s extremely dangerous! That’s what makes him Mourinho. That’s what makes him the greatest.

“Pep or Mourinho? I say Mourinho. I think Pep needs a little more time, as Mourinho has had, to be Mourinho.”

source: chelseaseason.com

What do you guys think? Arsenal and ManU fans opinion may not be taken seriously...LOL
Re: Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by younghartz(m): 8:25am On May 11, 2015
Sure

1 Like

Re: Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by SuperSuave(m): 8:27am On May 11, 2015
I thought Mourinho was the greatest too until he started parking the bus and to win matches by all means. But wait o, what of SIR ALEX FERGUSON?

1 Like

Re: Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by defemidefemi(m): 9:07am On May 11, 2015
Maradona's statement is a statement of fact.

“Mourinho wins trophies, the others discuss
philosophy.” capello

backpageheadlines.com/capello-the-victory-confirms-the-great-intelligence-of-mourinho/19462

2 Likes

Re: Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by Nobody: 10:24am On May 11, 2015
SuperSuave:
I thought Mourinho was the greatest too until he started parking the bus and to win matches by all means. But wait o, what of SIR ALEX FERGUSON?

I think Chelsea played very entertaining football In the first half of the season, but had to adjust to more defensive style due to lack of attacking prowess whenever costa had issues. Drogba and Remy where not particularly at their best.

Chelsea has the most players in the team of the season line up. In my opinion it was a balanced team.

Mou is surely a great coach!
Re: Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by BarcaBlood: 3:11pm On May 11, 2015
Maradona isn't qualified to judge how good a manger is or who the best is. He failed during his short stint as a manager
Re: Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:13pm On May 11, 2015
defemidefemi:
Maradona's statement is a statement of fact.

“Mourinho wins trophies, the others discuss
philosophy.” capello

backpageheadlines.com/capello-the-victory-confirms-the-great-intelligence-of-mourinho/19462

If trophies make the greatest, how can Mourinho be greater than Guardiola?

1 Like

Re: Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 11, 2015
I get your point.

He managed Argentina national team for just 2 years o. Maybe they should have been patient with him. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by tuffgongjo(m): 10:58pm On May 11, 2015
BarcaBlood:
Maradona isn't qualified to judge how good a manger is or who the best is. He failed during his short stint as a manager
But he was an exceptional player,remember?so he does have a say.
Re: Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by tuffgongjo(m): 11:00pm On May 11, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

If trophies make the greatest, how can Mourinho be greater than Guardiola?
The only short coming of Pep that I know is his Rigidity$inability to adapt his team strength to a particular game(I may be wrong though)long time bro.
Re: Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:56am On May 12, 2015
tuffgongjo:
The only short coming of Pep that I know is his Rigidity$inability to adapt his team strength to a particular game(I may be wrong though)long time bro.

PSG outplayed Mourinho with a man down and a goal down. Mourinho could not adapt his team to stop PSG. Yet, many thinks Mourinho is flexible.

It is difficult to keep a team playing at the top constantly. If not that Pep performs well consistently, he will get more praise. He is about to won the Bundesliga back to back, in the Semi Finals of the Champions league.

That would have been remarkable for Mourinho.
Re: Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by lexyman(m): 6:52am On May 12, 2015
Both managers are good but they re not flexible . I think u have to measure their success with the number of trophies and d quality of player they have used in acquiring the success also what is their achievement in d in d aspect of nurturing talents .
Re: Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by BarcaBlood: 1:48pm On May 12, 2015
tuffgongjo:
But he was an exceptional player,remember?so he does have a say.

No he doesn't. Being a great player doesn't necessarily mean he will be a great manager. Mourinho never played the game professionally remember?
Re: Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by Segadem(m): 2:38pm On May 12, 2015
BarcaBlood:
if the BEST footballer of his time is not qualified for football matter,then who does?
You? grin
I don't think so!
Re: Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by kokoA(m): 3:31pm On May 12, 2015
IMO, Pep is better.. Mourinho has spent almost double the years Pep has been a manager yet Pep has more trophies, better head to head record, better talent management and more entertaining style of play.

1 Like

Re: Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by BarcaBlood: 2:19pm On May 13, 2015
Segadem:
if the BEST footballer of his time is not qualified for football matter,then who does?
You? grin
I don't think so!

He can give his thoughts in football matters but definitely not management. He failed woefully in that area

1 Like

Re: Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by zeeek(m): 9:16pm On May 14, 2015
Both of em r gud buh being a football lover,I prefer Pep.jose wil giv u trophy even if it means playing a dirty game,Pep will also giv u trophy buh a clean performance.Jose believes futbal is all abt trophy,buh Pep believes its first of all an entertainmnt.Jose loves stiffness in his game,Pep loves flexibility n swiftness,Jose specializes in defending,Pep lovs attacking.most portuguese r very arrogant(Jose,Deco,Figo,CR7,Nani,Joa Montinho),most spanish players r Raul,Xavi,Iniesta,David Villa).both coaches r great,it all depends on hw u view d game

1 Like

Re: Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 14, 2015
zeeek:
Both of em r gud buh being a football lover,I prefer Pep.jose wil giv u trophy even if it means playing a dirty game,Pep will also giv u trophy buh a clean performance.Jose believes futbal is all abt trophy,buh Pep believes its first of all an entertainmnt.Jose loves stiffness in his game,Pep loves flexibility n swiftness,Jose specializes in defending,Pep lovs attacking.most portuguese r very arrogant(Jose,Deco,Figo,CR7,Nani,Joa Montinho),most spanish players r Raul,Xavi,Iniesta,David Villa).both coaches r great,it all depends on hw u view d game

MOU was flexible during his spell at Madrid. I still believe EPL coach must be able to apply both attacking and defensive style to win big. Just know when to use it. If you stick to entertaining footie like Arsenal, then 10 years waiting may just be your lot

1 Like

Re: Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 14, 2015
kokoA:
IMO, Pep is better.. Mourinho has spent almost double the years Pep has been a manager yet Pep has more trophies, better head to head record, better talent management and more entertaining style of play.

pep started his professional coaching career with an established club in Barca. MOU won the champion league with a relatively low budget side as Porto. That should count for something.

I can bet Pep won't survive EPL. I pray he comes to Man City as rumored
Re: Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by tomsongz(m): 1:12am On May 15, 2015
they are both top class managers but MOU readiness to take on any challenge slightly put him ahead

1 Like

Re: Maradona: Jose Better Than Guardiola by zeeek(m): 7:52am On May 15, 2015
Its very funny 4 som1 2 fink dat Pep will fail in Epl,Epl is all abt pace n strenght whc is d major reason dey dn't go far in European competitn,Pep will so expose so many english teams wt not jst ball Possession buh wt accurate passing n positioning.I knw if he shld go 2 Man.city,he'll buy his kinda players dat'll fit in in2 his pattern.Pep will even win d league wt Arsenal @least in his 2nd seasn

(1) (Reply)

Preview: Chelsea Vs. Barcelona / My Champions League Predictions / American Football In Nigeria : Lagos Marines Vs Golden Eagles Of Ivory Coast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.