Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Salary And House Rent - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Salary And House Rent (3056 Views)

Is It Possible To Save One's N-Power Salary And Start A New Business? / Teaching Job In Abuja With An Attractive Salary And Allowances / I Want To Leave My 40k Salary And Go For Hnd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salary And House Rent by faqir(m): 11:05am On May 11, 2015
pls guyz.....i just want to use ur opinion to judge myself. pls like how much salary can u be earning that will make u rent an apartment 200k per anum. thanks
Re: Salary And House Rent by princejenks(m): 11:35am On May 11, 2015
faqir:
pls guyz.....i just want to use ur opinion to judge myself. pls like how much salary can u be earning that will make u rent an apartment 200k per anum. thanks
at least 150 upwards per month

2 Likes

Re: Salary And House Rent by sabichele: 11:50am On May 11, 2015
Your one month salary should be able to pay your house rent to eschew unforeseen contingencies. Cut your coat according to your size.

3 Likes

Re: Salary And House Rent by waterfas: 3:48pm On May 11, 2015
faqir:
At least 80k. But u need to put other things into consideration e.g transport cost to work. At times when looking for cheap apartment, you may end up spending more on transport. Like me now, my apartment is expensive but no transport cost.

8 Likes

Re: Salary And House Rent by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 11, 2015
sabichele:
Your one month salary should be able to pay your house rent to eschew unforeseen contingencies. Cut your coat according to your size.

WORD !

1 Like

Re: Salary And House Rent by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 11, 2015
waterfas:

At least 80k. But u need to put other things into consideration e.g transport cost to work. At times when looking for cheap apartment, you may end up spending more on transport. Like me now, my apartment is expensive but no transport cost.

Another WORD !

2 Likes

Re: Salary And House Rent by Obeenah(m): 5:41pm On May 11, 2015
From my experience and what I learnt studying a course in Mortgage Finance. You should never rent a home/Apartment above 20% of your annual income. Anything above that would put u under wat is termed housing stress.

6 Likes

Re: Salary And House Rent by San2ski(m): 9:14pm On May 11, 2015
Mine is 40% per anum
And I've not collected even one yet
I earn 40k. But my rent is 240k. Chai
cry cry
Re: Salary And House Rent by toniro(m): 9:56pm On May 11, 2015
For comfort of pyment.. ur salad shld be 200 n above.
Worse 150k. Least recommended.
Re: Salary And House Rent by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 11, 2015
faqir:

One rule i feel all folks should adhere by that will help them is your rent should never exceed 10 % of your Salary. If your rent is 200k per annum, your salary should be at least NGN2,000,000 per annum or NGN167,000 per month.
Re: Salary And House Rent by Obeenah(m): 6:59am On May 12, 2015
San2ski:
Mine is 40% per anum
cry cry

Bro that's way over wat u should pay. More like u work six months just to pay yr rent. Try getting a house for N120 or 150 @ most.
Re: Salary And House Rent by San2ski(m): 7:53am On May 12, 2015
Obeenah:

Bro that's way over wat u should pay. More like u work six months just to pay yr rent. Try getting a house for N120 or 150 @ most.

Bro you're so right. But I looked so hard but couldn't find. Unless I go out of town a bit where I'll spend the more on transportation.
Enugu is damn expensive. And majorly no water.
Re: Salary And House Rent by ogawisdom(m): 7:55am On May 12, 2015
San2ski:
Mine is 40% per anum
cry cry

Chisos u must b staying in ABJ angry

To me u shld bring it down to bw 80 n 100k max

1 Like

Re: Salary And House Rent by MaziOmenuko: 10:00am On May 12, 2015
Obeenah:
From my experience and what I learnt studying a course in Mortgage Finance. You should never rent a home/Apartment above 20% of your annual income. Anything above that would put u under wat is termed housing stress.

Just learnt a lot from this.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Salary And House Rent by San2ski(m): 10:10am On May 12, 2015
ogawisdom:

Chisos u must b staying in ABJ angry

To me u shld bring it down to bw 80 n 100k max

It's 'ordinary' Enugu o
And the 240k is not in the highest-brow areas
And not in the'town' too. angry angry angry
Re: Salary And House Rent by ogawisdom(m): 11:39am On May 12, 2015
San2ski:

It's 'ordinary' Enugu o
And the 240k is not in the highest-brow areas
And not in the'town' too. angry angry angry

Well beta think of moving down to emene or abakpa nike side bc dt rent on dt salary is unsustainable
Re: Salary And House Rent by San2ski(m): 11:51am On May 12, 2015
ogawisdom:

Well beta think of moving down to emene or abakpa nike side bc dt rent on dt salary is unsustainable

I'm thinking of that but....

Bros how much to get to town from there to town?
And back?
And I hear say the places u mentioned are 'rough' mostly.

Meanwhile d'yu have an idea of the rent for a 1 or 2-bedroom flat?
angry angry angry
Re: Salary And House Rent by Obeenah(m): 12:49pm On May 12, 2015
San2ski:

Bro you're so right. But I looked so hard but couldn't find. Unless I go out of town a bit where I'll spend the more on transportation.
Enugu is damn expensive. And majorly no water.

That's the bad part of getting a house in Nigeria. You hardly find one with the necessary basic amenities thus increasing the overall cost in the end. Those with the amenities come @ a cut throat price. It is well bro.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Interview Invites At VLA / Re-documentation In Nigeria Immigration Training Schools / Thank You Lord!!!!i Got A New Job But I Have Accommodation Wahala.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.