Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. (60626 Views)

10 Most Expensive Cities In Africa 2015 [photos] / 10 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SW In Pictures / 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by richiepolymer(m): 4:58pm On May 11, 2015
I'm from SS. I'll give the award to UYO as number 1. Calabar number 2. My Edo still try sha. If you want to live in an urban and peaceful place...calabar is the place. If you consider low income and still want to have the life...pick Benin or asaba.

5 Likes

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by GBTYO: 4:59pm On May 11, 2015
batlati:
Then why Osogbo??

Cos I am proud to rep Osogbo

where my fellow Tajus at?

Omenka, gbawe, and co

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by mmsen: 5:02pm On May 11, 2015
GBTYO:
Was in Calabar last year. Although the average Calabar person will tell you their city has gone to dust I CAN TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY COUNT HOW MANY UN TARRED ROADS ARE IN THAT CITY.

The city is pristine, clean, peaceful and most importantly civil.

Calabar is by far the best city in Nigeria.

I still don't know what people there are crying about, especially compared to other parts of the country.

I can only imagine that those people live in Calabar south or somewhere that isn't Calabar proper.

It is still the best city in Nigeria but Uyo is catching up.
Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by GBTYO: 5:02pm On May 11, 2015
richiepolymer:
I'm from SS. I'll give the award to UYO as number 1. Calabar number 2. My Edo still try sha. If you want to live in an urban and peaceful place...calabar is the place. If you consider low income and still want to have the life...pick Benin or asaba.

Asaba is not cheap ohh!

Onitsha guys don carry their money spoil that town.

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by john4aguero: 5:07pm On May 11, 2015
dorin27:
Uyo all the way

#team SS#

Swthrt I dey Uyo o shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 11, 2015
eneh6751:
;DI beg where Is Benue??
see wetin too much kim kardashian hve cause

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by GBTYO: 5:08pm On May 11, 2015
mmsen:

I still don't know what people there are crying about, especially compared to other parts of the country.

I can only imagine that those people live in Calabar south or somewhere that isn't Calabar proper.

It is still the best city in Nigeria but Uyo is catching up.

The funny thing about Calabarians is that they cry no money but just take a look around that town and you go see joints up and down.
The people look good, go about well dressed and their babes nah fire.

I told a dude who complained to me that why una go get money? See all this jolly jolly wey surrond you. if nah me sef i for don broke grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by EagleScribes: 5:09pm On May 11, 2015
jascon1:
THEIR GOVERNMENT are you recuperating at all? marginalisation wont let it be!!! the crisis only started around 1997 or 1998. Nigeria has been feeding on oil from the south since the 1950ies. brother, it is not right at all.

Oh! I see. Do you have an idea of how much the likes of Ibori, Odili, Sylva and Alamesigha, Amaechi, Igbinedion embezzled? Don't you know the figure is way beyond what is published in the newspapers? Is the amount gone into personal coffers so negligible that it wouldn't have mattered?

I clearly understand your angle but corruption is the major bane I'm talking about here.

I really hope the likes of Murray Bruce will back their words with actions. If that is so, you will see a different south south

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by john4aguero: 5:10pm On May 11, 2015
olaideeeedris:
That Uyo make sense die

Hahaha

No be say you talk am o. Your eye dey dia brother grin grin grin
Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by goshen26: 5:11pm On May 11, 2015
And all their people still lock up their heads in lasgidi.....nigga go home
Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by Aitee1: 5:12pm On May 11, 2015
phyllosilicate:
Very Beautiful, Uyo is the bomb.

You can say that again wink

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by john4aguero: 5:12pm On May 11, 2015
richiepolymer:

Uyo is fun and affordable. cool cool

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by SenatorM(m): 5:13pm On May 11, 2015
akthedream:
No Edo state,no south south..
Shurrup Edo get Oil?

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by elbinmanny(m): 5:15pm On May 11, 2015
#TeamUyo cool

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by Aitee1: 5:15pm On May 11, 2015
GBTYO:

The funny thing about Calabarians is that they cry no money but just take a look around that town and you go see joints up and down.
The people look good, go about well dressed and their babes nah fire.

I told a dude who complained to me that why una go get money? See all this jolly jolly wey surrond you. if nah me sef i for don broke grin grin grin grin

You don't get the drift bro, that's their life generally whether they're rich or poor they love to enjoy life to the fullest! grin
Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by jascon1(m): 5:18pm On May 11, 2015
EagleScribes:

Oh! I see. Do you have an idea of how much the likes of Ibori, Odili, Sylva and Alamesigha, Amaechi, Igbinedion embezzled? Don't you know the figure is way beyond what is published in the newspapers? Is the amount gone into personal coffers so negligible that it wouldn't have mattered?
I clearly understand your angle but corruption is the major bane I'm talking about here.
I really hope the likes of Murray Bruce will back their words with actions. If that is so, you will see a different south south
embezzlement is a different chapter my brother. we are talking development and marginalisation here. how was abuja built? how was the third mainland bridge built? in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's even when Ken Saro Wiwa was fighting for compensation over pollution was there Ibori, Odili, Alams, Amaechi and Igbinedion as you have mentioned?
the issue of development of the niger delta should have been a federal concern n not state. marginalisation is too much. just too much

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by elbinmanny(m): 5:19pm On May 11, 2015
cool team uyo

3 Likes

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by john4aguero: 5:21pm On May 11, 2015
Aitee1:

You can say that again wink

Ajen annang mma, mkpo abadie? wink wink
Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by elbinmanny(m): 5:23pm On May 11, 2015
Proudly uyo

2 Likes

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by john4aguero: 5:23pm On May 11, 2015
elbinmanny:
cool team uyo

Obongowo, nyin mmor iba.

#team Uyo!!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by Aitee1: 5:24pm On May 11, 2015
john4aguero:

Ajen annang mma, mkpo abadie? wink wink

Imaha idiok oh grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by tevinsolt: 5:24pm On May 11, 2015
"developed" my ass.....look at all those open fields
Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 11, 2015
SenatorM:
Shurrup Edo get Oil?
ask your head..what a question..lol

2 Likes

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by kilmix: 5:25pm On May 11, 2015
Was I the only one that noticed delta got 3 cities out of 8 on the list?

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by john4aguero: 5:27pm On May 11, 2015
Aitee1:

Imaha idiok oh grin

grin grin
Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by elbinmanny(m): 5:27pm On May 11, 2015
john4aguero:

Obongowo, nyin mmor iba.

#team Uyo!!! cheesy cheesy
ikpa udo sadt ba mbok cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by themodernman: 5:28pm On May 11, 2015
GBTYO:
Was in Calabar last year. Although the average Calabar person will tell you their city has gone to dust I CAN TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY COUNT HOW MANY UN TARRED ROADS ARE IN THAT CITY.

The city is pristine, clean, peaceful and most importantly civil.

Calabar is by far the best city in Nigeria.

What about their babes?

I hear sey dem sabi d tin pass Akwa-Ibom dem grin

On a more serious note, how about setting up a beer parlour business there & what's the cost of living over there? Hiw much does a plot of land cost averagely?
Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by EagleScribes: 5:29pm On May 11, 2015
jascon1:
embezzlement is a different chapter my brother. we are talking development and marginalisation here. how was abuja built? how was the third mainland bridge built? in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's even when Ken Saro Wiwa was fighting for compensation over pollution was there Ibori, Odili, Alams, Amaechi and Igbinedion as you have mentioned?
the issue of development of the niger delta should have been a federal concern n not state. marginalisation is too much. just too much

I get your point my brother and I am so happy to get someone very rational and mature like you. No one can rule out the case of marginalization but in the real sense, how many cities in Nigeria are truly developed because of special attention from the federal government? I guess you will mention the north but how many of them in the real sense? I only see Abuja, Kaduna and Kano in the picture. You know why? This same corruption will not allow it despite the cheating on our SS brothers.

But among some names I have mentioned, I am trying hard to mention names from Akwa Ibom and Cross River who are at par with them in that category. That is the major reasons why Uyo and Calabar are about the most developed in Nigeria. They were marginalized too but they refused to marginalize themselves. I'm not absolving them of corruption, but it is not as pronounced as that of their counterparts. You won't see them chase and assasinate themselves. They have more of patriots than traitors

2 Likes

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by john4aguero: 5:30pm On May 11, 2015
elbinmanny:
ikpa udo sadt ba mbok cheesy grin

Hahaha

Nkor amdiongho nangha...obongette afo unieghe mfana grin grin grin
Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by IGBOSON2: 5:30pm On May 11, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Crap. Its a shame that Nowhere in the south south is as developed and organized like Abuja, even port harcourt and calabar which by virtue of their historic antecedents are meant to be some of the developed areas in Africa are nothing but glorified rural areas. Abuja that was developed with oil money looks better than areas where the oil is sourced from. Nigeria is big joke.

^^^This is the long and short of it all!

Any South South or South Easterner that can't see the glaring injustice, inequity and daylight robbery some are perpetuating in the name of 'one Nigeria'....such a person has eyes but refuses to see!

Just why the fuc/k shouldn't cities like Uyo, Calabar and Port Harcourt be up to the standard of Abuja.....if not better!?

1 Like

Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by nwadiuko1(m): 5:30pm On May 11, 2015
demmy0325:
... Did i told U am at osogbo..
for wole's sake its not compulsory to speak english!
Re: 8 Most Developed Towns/Cities In The South-South In Pictures. by SenatorM(m): 5:31pm On May 11, 2015
proudly Delta State...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Accident Victim Takes A Selfie At The Scene Posts It On Facebook / China Launches World's Longest Electric Bus,its 3X The Size Of Lagos BRT Buses / A Drone In Ikoyi-Lekki Link Bridge Found This (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.