Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists (1271 Views)

Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him / Jonathan’s Men Returning Stolen Money – El-rufai / Photos: President Jonathan’s Men Produce Evidence Of Corruption By NWC Memb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists by Rilwon: 4:53pm On May 11, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan’s handlers on Monday
began what is suspected to be a clampdown on
journalists.
Their first victim is Mr. Ubale Musa, the State House
correspondent of German Radio, Deutsche Welle.
Musa’s accreditation tag was withdrawn by security
operatives attached to the Presidential Villa.
The embattled journalist was expelled from the
Presidential Villa, Abuja, for asking visiting Chadian
President, Idriss Derby, a question authorities found to
be embarrassing.
Musa had asked the visiting President to explain the
relationship between the multinational task force
fighting in Lake Chad and the South African
mercenaries fighting with them.
Derby simply responded that he had no
information concerning mercenaries from South
Africa.
Shortly after the visiting President left, Musa was
invited by security operatives and his tag was
withdrawn.
Security operatives thereafter drove him in a vehicle
out of the forecourt of the President’s office through
the Service Chiefs’ Gate.
When he told the operatives that some of his work
tools were still inside the Press Gallery where
journalists operate from, the operatives led him to the
hall to retrieve his belongings and led him out of the
Villa again.
Special Adviser to the President on Media and
Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, was said to have assured a
delegation of State House correspondents who met him
on the matter that the issue would be resolved
appropriately.
As of the time of filing this report, however, Musa’s
accreditation had not yet been restored.

www.punchng.com/news/jonathans-men-begin-clampdown-on-journalists/?hootPostID=f18bfd1f2abbb5b276798c1a402f1511
Re: Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 11, 2015
But his question was ridiculous, some sensitive issues should be investigated thoroughly - not questioning diplomats; such info could be classified and only thorough investigations are required to dig them out.
Re: Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists by Pataki: 4:58pm On May 11, 2015
gbl01:
But his question was ridiculous, some sensitive issues should be investigated - not questioned

You are due for an award in non-intelligent reasoning.

Pray tell, how do you investigate something without asking questions? Why do you people always refuse to put on your thinking caps?

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 11, 2015
Pataki:

You are due for an award in non-intelligent reasoning.

Pray tell, how do you investigate something without asking questions? Why do you people always refuse to put on your thinking caps?

Thanks for the insult, I won't stoop to your level. a president from another country is supposed to provide such answers right? Ever heard the word "classified"? journalist investigates in the field, questions could be one of the tools but at the battle field and not by asking the president of another country.

I've always respected you on this forum, thinking you were an adult with good sense, I was wrong- you're neither an adult nor have you got any sense! You're like the rest, shame on you! You'll get your "likes" and you can shove it off your arse

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 11, 2015
Let's hear from the TANOIDS
they should have something to say about this,
and i'm expecting a full page analysis on press freedom, as they analyzed it during the AIT dramaundecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists by doctokwus: 5:16pm On May 11, 2015
Its no surprise.
The govt once went to news stands and highways to confiscate critical newspapers. Just before the elections, a Nigerian born Al-Jazeera journalist was imprisoned in his hotel room and prevented from doing his work for 2weeks.
There are other,not so prominent instances of suppression of press freedom but sycophancy didn't allow even some co practitioners with other media outlets to report their colleagues plight.Guess things would not b swept under d carpet again since d sitting govt now is a lameduck one and GMB's open endorsement of press freedom has set a new benchmark.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists by BushidoBlue(m): 5:19pm On May 11, 2015
aanumama:
and i'm expecting a full page analysis on press freedom, as they analyzed it during the AIT dramaundecided undecided

...and you believe that a clampdown of journalists after 5years (or 6years depending on who is accusing him) of Jonathan's Administration, coupled with the fact that he has lost elections and is about to handover to GMB is worthy of an analysis? Wow.... seriously? is it hatred or stewpeedity Abeg choose one!!!!
Re: Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 11, 2015
BushidoBlue:

...and you believe that a clampdown of journalists after 5years (or 6years depending on who is accusing him) of Jonathan's Administration, coupled with the fact that he has lost elections and is about to handover to GMB is worthy of an analysis? Wow.... seriously? is it hatred or stewpeedity Abeg choose one!!!!

Well I'd rather choose a very good brain surgeon for you!
Are you brain dead or on mars when some people are trying to tear GMB apart because of the AIT reporter saga
bloody mofo.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists by shift15(m): 5:28pm On May 11, 2015
aanumama:

Are you brain dead or on mars when some people are trying to tear GMB apart because of the AIT reporter saga
bloody mofo.

SO you are on revenge mission?
Re: Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists by modath(f): 5:36pm On May 11, 2015
aanumama:

Bwahahhhahhahahhahahaha grin grin

Don't worry, the chief "security" seeker will pull one out of his as$ in record time, no matter how inane and crazy it comes across. grin
Re: Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists by sammyj: 5:53pm On May 11, 2015
Story for the gods !!!
Re: Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists by Pataki: 7:32pm On May 11, 2015
gbl01:

Thanks for the insult, I won't stoop to your level. a president from another country is supposed to provide such answers right? Ever heard the word "classified"? journalist investigates in the field, questions could be one of the tools but at the battle field and not by asking the president of another country.

I've always respected you on this forum, thinking you were an adult with good sense, I was wrong- you're neither an adult nor have you got any sense! You're like the rest, shame on you! You'll get your "likes" and you can shove it off your arse

Who is begging for likes? Or you think I am one of you internet kids here making comments for the 'likes'? You don't want to insult me, yet you tell me to shove the "likes" off my arse. Whatever that means, so far it massages your silly ego, continue.

You made an ediotic comment. I pointed that out. Rather, you replied with some incoherent jibber-jabber. I am not begging for your respect on a faceless forum. Your non-intelligent comment annoyed me. I would have respected you if you made an intelligent comment. Even your silence on this thread, would have made you look like an intelligent fellow.

When something is 'classified', it normally raises cause for attention and questions. Did you do logic reasoning in school?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 11, 2015
Pataki:

Who is begging for likes? Or you think I am one of you internet kids here making comments for the 'likes'? You don't want to insult me, yet you tell me to shove the "likes" off my arse. Whatever that means, so far it massages your silly ego, continue.

You made an ediotic comment. I pointed that out. Rather, you replied with some incoherent jibber-jabber. I am not begging for your respect on a faceless forum. Your non-intelligent comment annoyed me. I would have respected you if you made an intelligent comment. Even your silence on this thread, would have made you look like an intelligent fellow.

When something is 'classified', it normally raises cause for attention and questions. Did you do logic reasoning in school?

you're worse than the kids begging for likes, you're a full grown, aged tout (that's not an insult, its the truth about you), unfortunately, you dont know your mates, your status and anything about yourself, you're reduced to an egomaniac and silly being on a faceless forum.

if you're not daft, why will you ask a diplomat abt classified data? is he/her supposed to provide the info to you?
you're trying to sound intelligent, but you're worse than one without any. Next time, read to understand and get the other person's point, not read to make comment, i never asked for your opinion about my comment (intelligent or not), so please shut your 'yatch'; you senseless ethno-political jabber!
Re: Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists by omenka(m): 8:22pm On May 11, 2015
Let's see how those barbaric scoundrels spin this. cheesy
Re: Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists by mcquin(m): 8:58pm On May 11, 2015
I see some mofos crying "but why? Why is Oga Jona making our job of cleaning his poo difficult?" I pity Jonathan's supporters on NL, their job is the hardest; sometimes they don't even know where to start from. Like how can you expect Barcanista that opened a thread on Press freedom jst last week to come eat his vomit now?

I remember the words, "the devil I know is better than the angel I don't know" during the election, how come we no longer hear that. Infact pro-GEJ on here have reduced their noise drastically. I will never forget Chukwudi, the one man squad, where that guy sef. He finally got a job in the bank after elections?
Re: Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 11, 2015
A man asked a ridiculous question that bothers on rumor and a potential threat to National Security. He was asked to leave the scene, though not the most appropriate way to handle such situation, I don't see any reason why some Buharits will seek to use it as a basis to justify Buhari's decree 4.
Re: Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists by Caseless: 9:11pm On May 11, 2015
He asked the right question. Journalists should be allowed to do their job.
Re: Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists by abduljabbar4(m): 9:22pm On May 11, 2015
barcanista:
A man asked a ridiculous question that bothers on rumor and a potential threat to National Security. He was asked to leave the scene, though not the most appropriate way to handle such situation, I don't see any reason why some Buharits will seek to use it as a basis to justify Buhari's decree 4.
Why couldn't they report him? Ait tried to tarnish buharis image with lies by calling him an illiterate and to prove their stupidity, they said that he has masters degree but what did you tell us to do? You told us to go to court so gej should also have gone to court and not to kick him out. We are not in the military era

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 11, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Why couldn't they report him? Ait tried to tarnish buharis image with lies by calling him an illiterate and to prove their stupidity, they said that he has masters degree but what did you tell us to do? You told us to go to court so gej should also have gone to court and not to kick him out. We are not in the military era
You can't compare both event...

The AIT documentary talked about Buhari and has no relationship with National Security. In this case Buhari can go to court if aggrieved.

The Aso rock Journalist's question has nothing to do with Jonathan but it bothers on National Security. Hence, the government sent him out to avoid further reckless question.

Spot the difference...
Re: Jonathan’s Men Begin Clampdown On Journalists by BushidoBlue(m): 9:11am On May 17, 2015
aanumama:

bloody mofo.

You know it's interesting when I read comments like yours.... ok let's recap.
This is 2015. How many incidents of press suppression have you heard coming from from Jonathan's administration?
Now I'm assuming you don't know much about 1984, cos if you did and you now compare it with the past five years, how many cases of press clamp down will u get?
Now who's the MF?

(1) (Reply)

Impeachment: The Bane Of Nigeria Democracy / My Wife Is From Cape Verde, Not Ethiopia -- Oshiomhole / Goodluck Ebele Jonathan: The Fashion Icon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.