Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Starting An Ecommerce Website, Which CMS Will You Recommend - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Starting An Ecommerce Website, Which CMS Will You Recommend (987 Views)

Which Nigerian Gateway Service Is The Best For An Ecommerce Website / Which Programming Pdfs Do You Recommend For A Web Developer? / Why I Dumped Wordpress As A CMS (my Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting An Ecommerce Website, Which CMS Will You Recommend by GoodMuyis(m): 2:06am On May 12, 2015
Good day house,

Am staring to build an ecommerce website, and as am not a programmer I dare not built from scratch. I resort to using CMS. Am Good at handling [b]Wordpress [/b]a little bit much bit am scared that if the site become so large Managing the site will be too rough.

I have not Work on [b]Joomla [/b]due to my less concern.

[b]Drupal [/b]is a nightmare for me because of module dependency (You have to download Module A that require Module B before Module C can work) and am sure if one module fail.. Sleeping continues.

I tried [b]Mangento [/b]but I notice that its not too cheap for me at this period, some of its plugins and Template cost the price of a PEGEO

I read on a tread about [b]processwire [/b]and am yet to figure out how to use it.

Am a bit lazy thats why i dont want to go for drupal. Yet if you recommend a one CMS for me i can take up the challenge, within three months i will be smiling on something.
More to the above. I can Work with PHP,CSS, JQuery so customization will not be my problem. See This Sample what came out or Wordpress in my hand
Re: Starting An Ecommerce Website, Which CMS Will You Recommend by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 12, 2015
Ok, first let me ask you
U wonna build an e commerce site and you don't have a single idea about programs and how to write them? It doesn't work like that, suppose you been hired and they said they pay u say a million dollars, would you say the same thing you saying now.

I suggest you learn a programming language at least php and then watch youtube for facts on how to integrate a payment gateway to your Web page, no one is gonna give you an answer here because u didn't show what you can do, and u worsen your situation by saying you lazy to program. Help yourself, we would the help you.

1 Like

Re: Starting An Ecommerce Website, Which CMS Will You Recommend by GoodMuyis(m): 12:11pm On May 13, 2015
gimakon:
Ok, first let me ask you
U wonna build an e commerce site and you don't have a single idea about programs and how to write them? It doesn't work like that, suppose you been hired and they said they pay u say a million dollars, would you say the same thing you saying now.

I suggest you learn a programming language at least php and then watch youtube for facts on how to integrate a payment gateway to your Web page, no one is gonna give you an answer here because u didn't show what you can do, and u worsen your situation by saying you lazy to program. Help yourself, we would the help you.

Saying am not a programmer doesn't mean i cant code, am not the type of Seun, Zurkerberg or any there code geeks, i can write program in PHP/MySQL, front end it with CSS, perform JQuery stuff. If I am paid for the Job, definitely am going to hired programmer to do the job, believe me am a good project manager. Take a look at the website http://cangho.com a Wordpress site I customized the child-theme to suit my purpose as you should know php is at work.

Just suggest a good free CMS and i will take up challenges to develop myself on it.

GoodMuyis:
Good day house,
I tried [b]Mangento [/b]but I notice that its not too cheap for me at this period, some of its plugins and Template cost the price of a PEGEO
Re: Starting An Ecommerce Website, Which CMS Will You Recommend by Nobody: 10:38am On May 16, 2015
try Prestashop but be ready to code heavily
Re: Starting An Ecommerce Website, Which CMS Will You Recommend by GoodMuyis(m): 5:53pm On May 16, 2015
pcguru1:
try Prestashop but be ready to code heavily

Thanks but dont you think its expensive $$$ i mean its module
Re: Starting An Ecommerce Website, Which CMS Will You Recommend by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 16, 2015
GoodMuyis:

Thanks but dont you think its expensive $$$

Prestashop is free, as in free beer, i like it because it's a Solid platform except security issue but it's fixed. I used it once and i liked the API but one needs to study on it.

(1) (Reply)

Cfd Software : Ansy / Headers With Grid / Free Ebook: Building Blocks For Theoretical Computer Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.