Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,297 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Save My Flash - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Save My Flash (605 Views)

PLEASE SAVE !my Laptop Shows Blue Screen Which Says "Window 7 Has Detected Error / How Do I Restore A Hidden Folder On My Flash Drive? / How Can I Use My Flash As Ram In My Window Xp. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save My Flash by kaysy(m): 1:07pm On Feb 08, 2009
Hello house
plz i bought an LG flash drive with inbuilt antivirus last week, but am suprised the flash has contacted a virus from a system i took it to print out a file from it, back to the office here i inserted the flash and the virus is disturbing my system now, although my system here in the office has avast antivirus but i dnt tink that's working cos the symptoms persists. plz i need to save my flash & system, can any1 in da house give me a clue? plz am scared of Mr Virus anyday, he's dangerous.

plz u can send me a solution to my e-mail: kaysyxpress@yahoo.com am waiting plz. Thanks house
Re: Save My Flash by kaysy(m): 1:12pm On Feb 08, 2009
ever since then my flash has refused to display it's logo inside My Computer, instead it's showing a folder logo

plz u gat to help ok?
Re: Save My Flash by fe32(m): 1:43pm On Feb 08, 2009
hello my guy, take it eazzzeeee, what u've described is no prob atall, @least the flash can still be recognized by the system, one thing you should be aware of is that tons of all the flash drives u have in lagos to day are from the far east, it isn't that these aren't cool or good but they are mass produced and mostly not according to standard. so u're LG flash could come with all manner of wares but if it not from the best locatio, there's a big probability it'll end up in the bin just like a lot out there and in a short time,

i currently a not too known flash which i got last year from a very reputable location and believe it works so well till date,

bak to u'r questn, that antivirus that came with ur flash may well be outdated, so as to prevently recent viruses, it has no mouth there unless you upgrade this antivirus and not all antivirus can take care of all viruses,

from the nature of the virus u declared, showing up some folder on your computer, you've got the stuff infected by viruses made by virus programmers who just want to proof skillls,

these type of viruses target your , exe files and works from there but they can sometimes be easily dealt with since they announce there arrival too fast, (like changing folders)

format this stuff on ur infected system and later on a clean one, and if the virus is changing stuffs on ur system, u mite have to format that aswell, though there are other ways to deal with these things but may be quite unclear

forget all those things that came with ur flash, dey dont do nada

the virus programmimg world is actually an interestin one, these are not viruses as wrongly put but automatons, imagine living computer codes, cooollll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
Re: Save My Flash by kaysy(m): 2:05pm On Feb 08, 2009
@fe32
guy i've re-formated this flash and it's logo came back then all of a sudden it went back to the folder logo icon.

what else can possibly be the next solution?
Re: Save My Flash by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 09, 2009
That yellow folder logo means a trojan is on your flash, please update your antivirus to clear your pc, because if your pc is infected, after formating the trojan will re-infect your drive.

(1) (Reply)

Full Guide: How To Convert Any Dvd And Videos To Ipod Touch/classic/nano / Antivirus / 2nd Hand Laptop Need At Cheap Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.