Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

5 Things You Can Learn Being A Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Things You Can Learn Being A Student (314 Views)

Is This Real? See How Jamb Caught A Student Cheating In The Exam Hall With CCTV / Which Of These Statements Gave You Great Joy When You Were A Student / An Open Letter To OAU School Management By A Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Things You Can Learn Being A Student by Kofacts(m): 10:07am On May 12, 2015
Being a student in the tertiary institution does not necessary describe one to be some phlegmatic like fellow. There are many things which you can learn as a student in a tertiary institution, which am going to show you here. The truth is that, the school provides the atmosphere for these skills to be achieved which implies you don’t necessarily need to wait to graduate before you start learning or practicing these skills.
Ok, let’s move over to the point.
1. Setting of Goals: I can attest that every student any tertiary institution has a goal, whether good or bad. Your success in life starts with the goals you must have set out to achieve, believe me, you can never achieve what you did not plan for, even though you get it out of luck you would never make maximum use of it and it fades away. Setting out goal will easily boost your morale, if you don’t easily achieve it, it still does not count in as much as there is life ,hope and your determination ,is tightly fixed, it’s right time will evolve.
Considering “setting out goals” in a school environment, you will see that if one does not set a target, he might end up doing the right thing at the wrong time which will surely affect him in one way or the other. Those who come out with stunning grades are those who must have made and set their goals right from credo. Plan ahead, set a goal and keep working hard towards it.

2. Effective Management [Time]: Time waits for nobody them say- I agree to those facts and you should too. Time management is something every scholar should put into consideration. You can’t feed plan A and expect plan be to be as healthy as plan A, that’s how it is in time management. Most times I come across students who happily spend time doing wrong things at the wrong time and most often, some do the right thing at the wrong time.
Life in school is so different unlike the way we live at home. I can stay at home seeing a movie all through the day without being affected but try that in school and it’s not going to be funny at all considering what you have at hand to achieve, you will observe that you have got little time to achieve more. Effective students understand what time is and set their goals on how to maximize their time. Manage your time today and see the outcome.

3. Skills and Team Work: Building a strong relationship is something that will go a long way in helping you as a student. In the school, you get the opportunity of coming in contact with different set of people, the good the bad and the… and your relationship as a student is one that everybody needs to achieve. The school is places to develop skills that will enable you work with others even beyond the school gate effectively.
4. Effective study Skills: To study effectively does not necessarily entail staying all through the night studying. Understanding one’s self is something most scholars have always neglected which is really affecting them in school. You see that John goes for night class and comes back home in the morning, and you make up your mind that it’s obviously the best. Bro/Sis, it isn't. Try understanding your self. When, where and how do you tend to assimilate things better and faster are questions you must ask yourself. Just as the saying goes, not all fingers are created equal so does it to human existence. I might read for 7 hours and understand afterwards and my friend might read for just 2 hours and will grab same or even more than I did, does it mean I should start reading for 2 hours? Check it out.

5. Critical Thinking and problem Solving: Ever being in a situation where you don’t just make decisions, you are required to think thoroughly or you end up making a wrong decision. That’s the extent school can take you and imposes you, giving you the course to do things on after giving it critical analysis and thinking.
Source : http://www.scholarsjoint.com/2015/05/5-things-you-can-learn-being-student.html
Re: 5 Things You Can Learn Being A Student by importexpert(m): 10:40am On May 12, 2015
Nice job o.p

(1) (Reply)

2015/2016 Covenant University POST UTME FORM Out Call.. / Are You Writing Your POST UTME This Year? Come In Now / We Are Giving You Just 5days To Rescue The Kidnapped Lecturers - Ekiti State Uni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.