Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,345 members, 7,864,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:23 PM

Some Arsenal Fans Blamed Goal Line Technology For Their Woeful Defeat - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Some Arsenal Fans Blamed Goal Line Technology For Their Woeful Defeat (786 Views)

Arsenal Fans Hits On Alexis Sanchez For Laughing At Thier Woeful Result With Mun / India's Woeful Performance At Rio, Ram Gopal Varma Cries Out! / Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Arsenal Fans Blamed Goal Line Technology For Their Woeful Defeat by Online4u: 11:10am On May 12, 2015
It was supposed to be a routine end-of-season home win that would send Arsenal back into pole position for second place, and somehow, via a Swansea winner from substitute Bafetimbi Gomis, it ended up full of the same old bitter recriminations that can plague the gunners.

Arsenal fans took to Twitter to blame goal line technology, after conceding a last-gasp goal to Swansea at the Emirates on Monday night.
The match, which was largely panned on Twitter for lack of action, took off in the second-half – a string of impressive saves from ex-Gunner Lukasz Fabianski kept his old side at bay.

Bafetimbi Gomis’ header in the 85th minute looked to have been saved by David Ospina, but the referee’s magic watch disagreed and the goal was given.

Gomis’ goal was a header from a cross from Montero after a break from the substitute Modou Barrow. As Ospina protested, referee Kevin Friend gestured helplessly at the screen on his wrist where the decision was communicated – and everyone knows it is pointless to argue with the technology these days. At times like this all the old fears grip the Emirates stadium which, at the end of a long unbeaten run, saw their team’s vulnerable side again.

The Welsh side were able to hold on to their 1-0 lead, and some Gunners fans unbelievably blamed goal line technology for losing the match.

Re: Some Arsenal Fans Blamed Goal Line Technology For Their Woeful Defeat by CountDracula(m): 11:15am On May 12, 2015
Ospina is simply nt good enof! Deres no excuse for dt
Re: Some Arsenal Fans Blamed Goal Line Technology For Their Woeful Defeat by Online4u: 11:25am On May 12, 2015
Thats not a good excuse. I hope you still remember an outstanding performance from the Arsenal old boy Lukasz Fabianski yesterday. He was the star man of the match. I hope the gunners learnt something valuable yesterday.
CountDracula:
Ospina is simply nt good enof! Deres no excuse for dt
Re: Some Arsenal Fans Blamed Goal Line Technology For Their Woeful Defeat by importexpert(m): 11:26am On May 12, 2015
Make them just dey give xcuses. Shey they have already been defeated.
Re: Some Arsenal Fans Blamed Goal Line Technology For Their Woeful Defeat by CountDracula(m): 11:30am On May 12, 2015
Online4u:
Thats not a good excuse. I hope you still remember an outstanding performance from the Arsenal old boy Lukasz Fabianski yesterday. He was the star man of the match. I hope the gunners learnt something valuable yesterday.
which kind of star is dat? Did u see d ball dey played towards him?? Even my grandma wud hav stopped any of dem like he did... Nthng outstandin at all. If ure lookin for an outstandin keeper try watchin real madrid's match against valencia and see dt valencia's keeper
Re: Some Arsenal Fans Blamed Goal Line Technology For Their Woeful Defeat by seankafor(m): 11:39am On May 12, 2015
excuses are only for loosers
Re: Some Arsenal Fans Blamed Goal Line Technology For Their Woeful Defeat by Online4u: 11:43am On May 12, 2015
CountDracula:
which kind of star is dat? Did u see d ball dey played towards him?? Even my grandma wud hav stopped any of dem like he did... Nthng outstandin at all. If ure lookin for an outstandin keeper try watchin real madrid's match against valencia and see dt valencia's keeper
If you don't call that a good performance, then what? I am also happy that he was determined not to concede a goal at the Emirate. If Valencia's keeper is so good, why don't you the gunners pay money for him.
Re: Some Arsenal Fans Blamed Goal Line Technology For Their Woeful Defeat by CountDracula(m): 11:45am On May 12, 2015
Online4u:
If you don't call that a good performance, then what? I am also happy that he was determined not to concede a goal at the Emirate. If Valencia's keeper is so good, why don't you the gunners pay money for him.
C. Ronaldo is great, messi is great yet they ar nt in arsenal, does dat answer ur question?

1 Like

Re: Some Arsenal Fans Blamed Goal Line Technology For Their Woeful Defeat by Online4u: 12:59pm On May 12, 2015
CountDracula:

C. Ronaldo is great, messi is great yet they ar nt in arsenal, does dat answer ur question?
It doesn't man. But i wish you guyz the best always. Still blues...

(1) (Reply)

Emanuel Ortega, Argentinian Footballer, Dies At Age 21 / Messi And Henderson Stars For FIFA'16 Cover / Nigerian Club, C.O.D Signs Ex Sporting Lisbon Coach,paulo Jorge Silva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.