Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Nigeria Is Too Poor For Our Leaders To Act Like Multi-billionaires-ben Bruce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Too Poor For Our Leaders To Act Like Multi-billionaires-ben Bruce (655 Views)

Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird / See How Nigerian Multi Billionaires Are Spending Money At A Party(video) / Ben-Bruce Buys 'Made-In-Nigeria' Car From KIA Company (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Too Poor For Our Leaders To Act Like Multi-billionaires-ben Bruce by hejda(m): 11:30am On May 12, 2015
Ben Murray Bruce Chairman of Silverbird Group is the Senator elect representing Bayelsa East and will assume of office for the first time come May 29th 2015. In a speech at the recent Silverbird man of the year awards, Senator elect Ben Bruce took to the podium and addressed the prevailing issues facing Nigeiris, economy and people. He was frank and direct and held nothing back in declaring is "Modus Operandi" when he assumes office.

Below is the transcript of his powerful speech, which has taken over the internet.

State governments have no money, outside i was talking to the Ekiti state governor, and he cannot pay salaries, forget about capital developments. and debts he inherited, most states in the country today, if they were a company, they would file for bankruptcy. and no company would loan them money, the federal government inclusive.

To say we are broke is and understatement, a few thing must happen, we must grow the economy
and we must shrink the way we spend money. The problem about Nigeria is not about the north and the south, Christianity and Islam, its not about APC versus PDP, the problem about Nigeria is right versus wrong.

Today i was interviewed by bloomberg magazine the other day, and they asked me about the problem in the North East versus the South South, and i said to him, the issues in the North East, is not about religion and the issue in the south is not about what you think it is, the issue is very simple.

We have a small minority of people, the leadership in Nigeria, consuming all the resources in our nation and leaving the rest of us in abject poverty, that cannot work. we must learn to be humble we must learn to conserve what we have, and we must learn to be kind enough on the rest of us to have enough food to eat, children to go to school, healthcare facilities for everyone, education, job, infrastructural development for our people. the population control policy, 170 million people, most us leave on 2$ a day, not enough money to survive.

full stories at: http://www.paxnigerian.com/true-voice-of-nigeria-nigeria-is-too-poor-for-our-leaders-to-act-like-multi-billionaires-senator-elect-ben-bruce/
Re: Nigeria Is Too Poor For Our Leaders To Act Like Multi-billionaires-ben Bruce by shakazuldadon: 11:30am On May 12, 2015
Too much yap...
Re: Nigeria Is Too Poor For Our Leaders To Act Like Multi-billionaires-ben Bruce by softmind24: 11:31am On May 12, 2015
Ok nah
Re: Nigeria Is Too Poor For Our Leaders To Act Like Multi-billionaires-ben Bruce by CountDracula(m): 11:32am On May 12, 2015
Bruce lee... Ure starting to talk too much. Be careful
Re: Nigeria Is Too Poor For Our Leaders To Act Like Multi-billionaires-ben Bruce by midolian(m): 11:36am On May 12, 2015
See who is talking cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Is Too Poor For Our Leaders To Act Like Multi-billionaires-ben Bruce by rudebouy: 11:37am On May 12, 2015
I so love dis guy. I neva tot it necessary to zoin twitter, but ama zoin twitter becos of dis guycheesy
Re: Nigeria Is Too Poor For Our Leaders To Act Like Multi-billionaires-ben Bruce by micktoxin(m): 11:38am On May 12, 2015
Well its nothing new that some of us don't already know. Naija politician's average salaries are not a reflection of the per capital income at all. To put into context, the diagram below shows the average salaries of senior politicans in top counties.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Too Poor For Our Leaders To Act Like Multi-billionaires-ben Bruce by Nobody: 11:41am On May 12, 2015
What is he sayings ?
Re: Nigeria Is Too Poor For Our Leaders To Act Like Multi-billionaires-ben Bruce by Nobody: 11:44am On May 12, 2015
rudebouy:
I so love dis guy. I neva tot it necessary to zoin twitter, but ama zoin twitter becos of dis guycheesy
Do you realise how much he stole from NTA?
Re: Nigeria Is Too Poor For Our Leaders To Act Like Multi-billionaires-ben Bruce by babadem2much(m): 11:52am On May 12, 2015
Let just watch n keep calm if what he is insisting on will be practiced by him. May God help them to actualize d dream of the masses and not theirs, as we wait to see them performing.

Chilaxing n praying for better NIGERIA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Too Poor For Our Leaders To Act Like Multi-billionaires-ben Bruce by kazmanbanjoko(m): 12:02pm On May 12, 2015
Ben Bruce My GUY
GMB My Mentor

cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

War Over Constitution Amendment: Senate Mobilises Against Jonathan / What If Education Is Subsidized Instead Of Fuel / Dead Woman Wins Election In United States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.