Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,788 members, 7,851,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:09 AM

Namadi Sambo: Future Generations Shall Judge Us Well On Electricity Reforms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Namadi Sambo: Future Generations Shall Judge Us Well On Electricity Reforms (375 Views)

Why I Visited Osinbajo – Namadi Sambo / Where is Former Vp: Namadi Sambo? / Namadi Sambo Hospitalized In US For Knee Surgery - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Namadi Sambo: Future Generations Shall Judge Us Well On Electricity Reforms by bugs2: 1:30pm On May 12, 2015
Vice-President, Alhaji Namadi Sambo, monday stated that the decisions and choices made by the outgoing administration of President Goodluck Jonathan to reform Nigeria’s power sector, through the privatisation of successor companies of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) and building of new power plants through the National Integrated Power Projects (NIPPs) would be judged fairly by history in the future.

Sounding philosophical shortly before inaugurating a 330/132/33kV transmission substation built by the Niger Delta Power Holding Company Limited (NDPHC) under the NIPPs in Gwagwalada Abuja, Sambo noted in his remarks that the decisions the outgoing government took in its electricity policy were taken on the basis of sound professional advice.

These decisions, he said were taken majorly in the interest of Nigerians.
He explained that notwithstanding whatever misgivings that the administration might be getting from people, it opted for the best choice of actions that it thought would help it progress the country’s electricity systems with tangible and long lasting impacts.

According to him, the government in line with such sound decisions had upon the privatisation of the PHCN, also moved rapidly to plug obvious weaknesses in the transmission system which was identified as the possible points where the reform could be derailed, hence the construction of transmission facilities by the NDPHC amongst others.

“I want to seize this opportunity to assure all Nigerians that all the decisions and project implementation in both Niger Delta Power Holding Company and the National Council on Privatisation, are taken on the basis of sound professional advice and sound decisions to ensure that we succeed in Nigeria in providing power successfully for the benefit of Nigerians and the development of the country,” Sambo said.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/05/namadi-sambo-future-generations-shall-judge-us-well-on-electricity-reforms/
Re: Namadi Sambo: Future Generations Shall Judge Us Well On Electricity Reforms by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 12, 2015
Till then

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!
Re: Namadi Sambo: Future Generations Shall Judge Us Well On Electricity Reforms by bash4us(m): 1:36pm On May 12, 2015
Shoro niyen!?
Mtschewwwwww
Re: Namadi Sambo: Future Generations Shall Judge Us Well On Electricity Reforms by DaGC(m): 1:36pm On May 12, 2015
Only time will tell.
Re: Namadi Sambo: Future Generations Shall Judge Us Well On Electricity Reforms by teemanbastos(m): 1:43pm On May 12, 2015
Wen i checked list of VPs.... I cudnt find him. Sambo a figurehead since 1960
Re: Namadi Sambo: Future Generations Shall Judge Us Well On Electricity Reforms by wachakuta(m): 1:46pm On May 12, 2015
Yes for not making u face firing squad ba

1 Like

Re: Namadi Sambo: Future Generations Shall Judge Us Well On Electricity Reforms by omenka(m): 1:46pm On May 12, 2015
When you read things like this, you cannot but believe the duo are sick upstairs. Beginning to think Sambo binges more than Jonathan sef.
Re: Namadi Sambo: Future Generations Shall Judge Us Well On Electricity Reforms by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 12, 2015
undecided

(1) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Party Chairman, Adamu Mu’azu, Calls For Ceasefire; Woos Ayo Fayose / African First Ladies Elect Koroma As New President / Exclusive! Osoba On Way Back To APC As Chieftains Plan reconciliation Http://wp.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.