Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries (1435 Views)

States And Number Of Federal Civil Servants / FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun / Boko Haram Terrorists On The Run Abandoning Foodstuffs And Vehicles (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by clara472: 1:36pm On May 12, 2015
Due to the inability of their state governors to pay salaries for months, civil servants in Oyo, Osun, Cross River, Rivers, Abia, Benue, Plateau and Bauchi states have adopted strategies such as begging for money from friends and relatives, securing loans from different sources and doing menial jobs to survive. It was gathered that workers in Oyo State who have not been paid salaries for over three months, now skip their lunch daily, while some reports to duty with garri and groundnut daily to serve as lunch. In Osun State, workers have been forced into fasting while others resort to selling of jewelleries and household appliances. Cross River State is not left out as civil servants there who are owed salaries between two and six months are begging for foodstuffs and getting loans from financial institutions.

PS: This article is a summarized version of the original news

Source: http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/798-civil-servants-beg-for-money-foodstuffs-over-unpaid-salary
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by wachakuta(m): 1:45pm On May 12, 2015
Ghen Ghen
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by OkuDiOver1(f): 1:50pm On May 12, 2015
Its even worst here in Osun state. God must punish Aregbe and his partners in crime (state governors) .

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by redsun(m): 1:51pm On May 12, 2015
How can people work without pay for a month or whenever it is due? Is that slavery or what?
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by kristonium(m): 2:07pm On May 12, 2015
and GMB is expected to perform magic from May29?
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by clara472: 2:21pm On May 12, 2015
OkuDiOver1:
Its even worst here in Osun state. God must punish Aregbe and his partners in crime (state governors) .

Why will they even continue going to work self if it's me I would stop going to work after the second month of not being paid
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by OkuDiOver1(f): 3:38pm On May 12, 2015
clara472:

Why will they even continue going to work self if it's me I would stop going to work after the second month of not being paid
their union chairman is Aregbe's right hand man and they have bribed other union leaders so they are no longer saying anything about it. They keep on reassuring workers that Aregbe will pay very soon.

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by Badosqi(m): 11:44pm On May 12, 2015
Here in osun state terrible gan-an.
The only thing aregbe is good at is traveling and taking pictures from Tinubu to Buhari in Abuja to former CBN governor and now with Osinbajo.
Osun people are really trying and they are the biggest COWARDs in Nigeria. 7 months salary and all they do is looku looku.
Please is there no NLC and TUC in that state?

God is watching all of you in 4D

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by ifyan(m): 12:08am On May 13, 2015
Wait oh, l though we have civil union in this country.

Or are they dead.

It seems Murray Bruce was right.

You know. ........
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by ahaz: 12:20am On May 13, 2015
OkuDiOver1:
no my brother God will not punish him rather he will punish u people for voting for him so enjoy the change

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by ahaz: 12:24am On May 13, 2015
Badosqi:
Here in osun state terrible gan-an.
The only thing aregbe is good at is traveling and taking pictures from Tinubu to Buhari in Abuja to former CBN governor and now with Osinbajo.
Osun people are really trying and they are the biggest COWARDs in Nigeria. 7 months salary and all they do is looku looku.
Please is there no NLC and TUC in that state?

God is watching all of you in 4D
I wonder why u osunites re complaining over a god sent governor make una manage am e go better na una vote am make una face am

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 12:31am On May 13, 2015
This is serious... Begging!
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by TechRev: 12:42am On May 13, 2015
And the monkeys and baboons voted en-mass for him and his party. Monkeys and Baboons!!!! Calling them monkeys and baboons is even an insult to monkeys and baboons cause they were being owed months while they foolishly stood in line to cast their useless votes for the thieves owing them.

3 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by emiye(m): 12:46am On May 13, 2015
All ye hypocrites , 8 states mentioned showed 6 PDP governors and 2 APC governors. But in your usual manner of leaving the log of wood in your eyes to criticise the speck in another eyes.
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by Badosqi(m): 12:52am On May 13, 2015
ahaz:
I wonder why u osunites re complaining over a god sent governor make una manage am e go better na una vote am make una face am
god sent I accept but definitely not God sent. And have you forgotten that it is not all osun people dat voted for him. Many voted against him.
Yes e go beta but can you imagine yoursef working since November last year without ur salary yet you must go to ur work place, transport from place of work to ur house, kids school fees, food and every other tin.

Picture yourself dealing with that then you will understand why osunites are complaining
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 12:58am On May 13, 2015
Aregbe is the worst thing to happen to mankind after Tinubu's mouth odour

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by GBTYO: 1:06am On May 13, 2015
Osun people are serious muggus!

Suffering and smiling ediots

They should not complain!

This is how Fayemi treated his own people with disdain and owed workers

How come Fayose can pay workers their salary arrears and not owe them and still do his stomach infrastructure?
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by OkuDiOver1(f): 8:11am On May 13, 2015
ahaz:
no my brother God will not punish him rather he will punish u people for voting for him so enjoy the change
typical of you. Number one am not from osun state, number 2 am not eligible to vote in osun state number 3 i wasn't in Osun state when they had their election,number 4 am not a male am a female incase you didnt notice.
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by ahaz: 8:49am On May 13, 2015
Badosqi:
god sent I accept but definitely not God sent. And have you forgotten that it is not all osun people dat voted for him. Many voted against him.
Yes e go beta but can you imagine yoursef working since November last year without ur salary yet you must go to ur work place, transport from place of work to ur house, kids school fees, food and every other tin.

Picture yourself dealing with that then you will understand why osunites are complaining
like seriously I share ur pains but Osun must get what they bargained for
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by ahaz: 8:52am On May 13, 2015
OkuDiOver1:
typical of you. Number one am not from osun state, number 2 am not eligible to vote in osun state number 3 i wasn't in Osun state when they had their election,number 4 am not a male am a female incase you didnt notice.
then I guess you should stop complaining over Osun problems since ure a female nd ure not frm the state
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by Lanretoye(m): 9:23am On May 13, 2015
OkuDiOver1:
eeyah...
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by OkuDiOver1(f): 9:37am On May 13, 2015
ahaz:
then I guess you should stop complaining over Osun problems since ure a female nd ure not frm the state
hey stop disturbing my mention you hear? I cant remember complaining to you. Now run along.
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by coputa(m): 10:04am On May 13, 2015
This is the result of the random creation of the states by past insesitive regimes,even when some of these state cannot generate their own revenue.They rely on the monthly federal allocation.Some local government in lagos state are more viable than some of these states.Most of them are neck deep in debt.
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 10:06am On May 13, 2015
God have mercy! is this what Nigeria has been reduced to? embarassed embarassed

The sun will shine again.
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 10:07am On May 13, 2015
Lalasticlala

Ishilove
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by Ishilove: 10:48am On May 13, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
It made homepage yesterday
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 10:49am On May 13, 2015
Ishilove:

It made homepage yesterday

Thx dear.
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by DrPlato: 11:27am On May 13, 2015
I av said this several times without number that AREGBE IS A SCAM. This was d reason i didnt go out to vote during d last Gov election in d state. This guy is a worst administrator and leader, he doesnt even av any courtesy whatsoever. I warned some pple nt to vote for him, they said i was being partisan, now their eyes av opened. How can u owe workers for 6 months and still av d courage to move about without shame? I live in Osun state and i know how pple are, even d so called civil servants are poor with salaries, not to talk of when its nt being paid. I hope pple will wise up during d next election.
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by ahaz: 12:17pm On May 13, 2015
OkuDiOver1:
hey stop disturbing my mention you hear? I cant remember complaining to you. Now run along.
you can as well run into the Bush after all nubucadnezer na woman like u
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by OkuDiOver1(f): 12:28pm On May 13, 2015
ahaz:
you can as well run into the Bush after all nubucadnezer na woman like u
*ignored*
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by OkuDiOver1(f): 12:33pm On May 13, 2015
DrPlato:
I av said this several times without number that AREGBE IS A SCAM. This was d reason i didnt go out to vote during d last Gov election in d state. This guy is a worst administrator and leader, he doesnt even av any courtesy whatsoever. I warned some pple nt to vote for him, they said i was being partisan, now their eyes av opened. How can u owe workers for 6 months and still av d courage to move about without shame? I live in Osun state and i know how pple are, even d so called civil servants are poor with salaries, not to talk of when its nt being paid. I hope pple will wise up during d next election.
to tell you the truth i pity the civil servants. They are really suffering.
Re: Civil Servants Beg For Money, Foodstuffs Due To Unpaid Salaries by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 13, 2015
That's how it feels like to be unemployed.

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Shettima Nominates GGSS Chibok Principal As Borno Education Commissioner / SEE What Aminu Tambuwal Did In Hospital Late At Night / House Leadership: Northern Reps Make U-turn, Mobilise Against Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.