Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You (7871 Views)

Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri / Traditional Eastern Ijaw Attire In Pictures / Ijaw Izon!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by ijawgirl: 4:38pm On Feb 08, 2009
aahhh Izon!!!!!!!!!!  Izon otu, una doo o!!!
Where am my Ijaw people @?     me am representing bonny Island-river state the official Ijaw thread, ah we need an Ijaw thread, lets throw some language Ijaw here, sebo'

Eastern Ijaws--Ijaw Kalabaris!!(abonemas, degemas), OKRIKA Ijaws!!
IBANI Ijaws (Ibani (the natives of Bonny, Finima and Opobo)

Western/central Ijaws--Nembe, Brass, BAYELSANS in general
Tarakiri, and Kolokuma-Opokuma

Delta Ijaws

The Ijaw people (also called Izon people) are currently situated in the Niger-delta of Nigeria, which is in southern Nigeria. There are Ijaws in Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta, Edo, Ondo and even Akwa ibom states of Nigeria.
The Ijaw’s are a nation of seventeen million people in the Niger Delta region. The Ijaws are the most populous indigenous inhabitants of the Niger Delta and constitute the fourth largest ethnicity within the borders of Nigeria.

We have produce the people like,
Ben Murray Bruce(founder/president of silverbed, the biggest Nigerian entertainment company)
AGBANI Darego(Miss World 2001, first black African to win the title)
John Pepper clerk(writer
Asu Ekiye(famous Nigerian gospel musician
etc

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by ijawgirl: 4:42pm On Feb 08, 2009
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by JJYOU: 4:44pm On Feb 08, 2009
ijaw_girl:

michelin89 board moderator that wasnt an official thread, In this thread we are representing our state and LGA and celebrating our Ijaw culture,unlike the other one so please dont delete my topic again

aahhh Izon!!!!!!!!!!  Izon otu, una doo o!!!
Where am my Ijaw people @?     me am representing bonny Island-river state and Bayelsa state Amassoma, Niger delta izon
whats yours, what part of Ijaw land do you rep?

the official Ijaw thread, ah we need an Ijaw thread, lets throw some language Ijaw here, sebo'

Delta Ijaws

The Ijaw people (also called Izon people) are currently situated in the Niger-delta of Nigeria, which is in southern Nigeria. There are Ijaws in Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta, Edo, Ondo and even Akwa ibom states of Nigeria.
The Ijaw’s are a nation of more than seventeen million people in the Niger Delta region. The Ijaws are the most populous indigenous inhabitants of the Niger Delta and constitute the fourth largest ethnicity within the borders of Nigeria.

Ben Murray Bruce(founder/president of silverbed, the biggest Nigerian entertainment company)
John Pepper clerk(writer
etc

17 million ijaws?  is this true? i love them and itsekiri songs. always melodious.
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by ijawgirl: 4:51pm On Feb 08, 2009
yea its between 14 million and 17 million
http://www.ijawfoundation.org/people.htm
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 08, 2009
@ JJYOU, what do you say?

Is there a difference between this thread and this one?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-230928.0.html
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by ijawgirl: 4:58pm On Feb 08, 2009
you blocked the topic michelin

noboby can reply neither can I
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 08, 2009
ijaw_girl:

you blocked the topic michelin

noboby can reply neither can I

Sorry dear, I mean this one

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-55702.0.html

It says Ijaw people. What's the difference. I can't allow two topics with the same subject to be active at the same time. The most recent has to be locked and linked to the eldest, unless the eldest has got more than 100 pages and it's an unactive topic!
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by ijawgirl: 5:12pm On Feb 08, 2009
the topic was inactive because it wasnt official, compare other ethnic groups we really dont have our own official thread
that has to do with our culture and representing our states/language

anyways the descision is yrs
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by Ibime(m): 5:13pm On Feb 08, 2009
Whats up Ijaw girl?

Wakirike in da house!
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 08, 2009
ijaw_girl:

the topic was inactive because it wasnt official, compare other ethnic groups we really dont have our own official thread
that has to do with our culture and representing our states/language

anyways the descision is yrs

Ok. However there must be one Ijaw thread, so I am leaving this one opened. But I'll lock the other one!

Have a nice convo with your people!  smiley
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by ijawgirl: 5:25pm On Feb 08, 2009
@Ibime

ado oo! am fine

I see your from Okrika ph city, Tebra o?
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by ijawgirl: 5:38pm On Feb 08, 2009
Ijaw Language, drop yrs

werebrah (yes)
werebraha (no)
ebikah (good)
Tebra (how are you)
eyofar (fine)
Tamuno: God
Ibi: Good
I dan loku: How are you?
An loku oforie/Ibi me: I'm fine
I we ri so: Leave me alone
Bo: Come
Sebo: Bring it
So: Go
O fo rie: It's not there
Fikiri: Hurry
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by tamme: 11:51pm On Feb 08, 2009
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by sweetcoint(f): 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2009
grin grin grin am so happy to be in the mist of my people
ijaw un a mi?
un doi oh
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by sweetcoint(f): 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2009
thank you very much ijaw girl your doing a nice work by bringing us together cheesy
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by whiteroses(f): 12:33am On Sep 20, 2009
only three ijaw on NL

i joke i'm just taking the piss lol
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by semid4lyfe(m): 9:08am On Sep 24, 2009
Hmmm - just passing by
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by naso2(m): 10:32am On Oct 08, 2009
Izon otu tebra?

emene tarakiri keme
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by udezue(m): 3:40am On Oct 09, 2009
Ijo people how una dey oooo? Much luv to ya. Now let me leave y'all since I no sabi speak Ijo
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by vislabraye(m): 1:31am On Oct 11, 2009
Tehbra my Izon people. We have alot of iprominent jaw people. The likes of finidi, Siasia , Banigo to mention but a few. Not all of us are kidnappers after all
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by ifyalways(f): 10:37pm On Jan 05, 2012
Te'brah my good Izon people.

Please what does the presentation of live tortise to a guest by the host signify?acceptance,rejection or something else?

what would be said of the guest or visit if s/he rejects the gift?

Thanks in advance.and what does the name "Ibinabo" mean?
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by udezue(m): 5:28pm On Jan 12, 2012
Ijo na 17 million? Then Efik-Ibibio must 25 million then. Lol

Anyways Ijo music is melodious.
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by ifyalways(f): 9:25pm On Jan 12, 2012
^I clicked on the thread thinking you have an answer to my query.

I forgive you sha,cos u agree Ijo's make good music. . .and I prescribe "Barrister" for you.He's my favorite.

Btw,I'm wondering if they take offence with the way we write their name ie "Ijo" ? wish Ijaw girl,Ibime or someone else wud respond asap.
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by udezue(m): 11:12pm On Jan 13, 2012
Lol I no sabi

Ijo is the correct spelling. Ijaw is English
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by ACM10: 11:30am On Sep 16, 2012
Where are the Ijaws?
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by ACM10: 11:32am On Sep 16, 2012
ijaw_girl: aahhh Izon!!!!!!!!!!  Izon otu, una doo o!!!
Where am my Ijaw people @?     me am representing bonny Island-river state the official Ijaw thread, ah we need an Ijaw thread, lets throw some language Ijaw here, sebo'

Delta Ijaws

The Ijaw’s are a nation of seventeen million people in the Niger Delta region. The Ijaws are the most populous indigenous inhabitants of the Niger Delta and constitute the fourth largest ethnicity within the borders of Nigeria.

John Pepper clerk(writer

Asari Dokubo(NDPVF)
Tom Ateke()
Government Tompolo()
Jomo Gbomo()

etc

cool
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2012
udezue: Ijo na 17 million? Then Efik-Ibibio must 25 million then. Lol

Anyways Ijo music is melodious.

As if we don't know that they aren't more than 4million...drunken fisher men with no shoes.
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by ifyalways(f): 12:55pm On Sep 16, 2012
^ ^ meanie!

Where are all the izon mbe?should I believe that out of the purported 14million izons, its only ijaw girl that has internet access?

Ijaw girl, what does a gift of live tortoise signify in izon land?
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:17am On Sep 17, 2012
[size=16pt]TRADITIONAL IJAW SMILE[/size]:

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by ifyalways(f): 9:20am On Sep 17, 2012
^ lol .

You guys are just . . . Not nice.
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by Afam4eva(m): 11:03am On Sep 17, 2012
I never knew Ijaws were up to 17 million. na im be say Igbo na 150million. So, if

150million(Igbo) + 150million(Yoruba) + 150million(Yoruba) + 25million(Efik/Ibibio) + 17million(Ijaw) + other groups in Nigeria = over 1 billion

Who says we don't have more people in Nigeria than in India.
Re: Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You by Ngodigha1(m): 11:17am On Sep 17, 2012
It was a typo. That 17m was 7m, though actual figure is 5m.
Anyway can anyone tell me who this ijaw princess is?.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Witch Craft In Nigeria Real / PHOTOS: South Africans Go Nude To Celebrate Africa Day / Is LAWAL A Yoruba Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.