Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,076 members, 7,953,289 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:36 PM

'Purple Hibiscus' By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 'Purple Hibiscus' By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (8899 Views)

Chimamanda Ngozi-adichie Celebrates Her 38th Birthday Today / Photo: Chimamanda adichie With Her Handsome Husband / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is now married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Purple Hibiscus' By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by malaika(f): 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2006
::
Re: 'Purple Hibiscus' By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by simmy(m): 9:02am On Oct 31, 2006
ive read the book. theres no denying that shes a promising writer especially when u take her age into consideration, but shes no there yet
a much better book is "ALL good things will come" by some other nigerian female writer. cant recall her name now, a lot more mature than purple hibiscus. both books have similar styles and were released at around the same tome
Re: 'Purple Hibiscus' By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Ndipe(m): 8:52am On Nov 11, 2007
@Simmy, the name of the book is "Everything good will come". Sefi Atta is the author of the novel
Re: 'Purple Hibiscus' By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 22, 2008
count me in, just got through the book. my impressions here: http://www.traedays.com/blog/2008/03/chimamanda-ngozi-adichies-purple-hibiscus-and-me/
Re: 'Purple Hibiscus' By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by gem87(f): 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2008
Y'all should also try and get your hands on Half of a Yellow Sun
same author,its simply revealing and intriguing,
about the Nigerian Civil War, it's a great read.
Highly recommended ,
Re: 'Purple Hibiscus' By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by tjpoet: 5:09pm On Sep 16, 2008
i have always wanted to read this book, i like the author and love the title of this book, but chimamanda is not a friendly woman at all, i contacted her sometimes ago and her responce to me wasnt that good, i thought at first maybe she wasnt a nigerian, how come she was like that? if you gonna sell something like, you have to sell good image and have good traits following you around, you dont just sell books by words alone,what if you were,
Re: 'Purple Hibiscus' By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Ndipe(m): 7:00pm On Sep 16, 2008
She's stated in at least one interview that she is a reserved person. Besides, it's hard to contact a celebrity.
Re: 'Purple Hibiscus' By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 16, 2008
i luv the d book, d plot, setting.it's one d books i'll read over nd over again.
Re: 'Purple Hibiscus' By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by wanville(m): 4:32am On Apr 21, 2009
smiley
Re: 'Purple Hibiscus' By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Ndipe(m): 9:54pm On Apr 21, 2009
wanville:

wow!!how time flies so the book was published in 2005, dang!!dats 4 yrs ago, I read half of a yellow sun and, its impressive, By God's grace I'll direct a movie and buy the rights to the book, a nollywood movie not hollywood, am the future of nollywood grin

It was published in 2003
Re: 'Purple Hibiscus' By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Yomite4u(m): 12:44pm On Mar 08, 2013
People in the room, my question from the book is that, why did the woman kill her husband at the end? The reason is uncleared to me, though it has been a long time i read. But i will appreciate your responce. Please sorry for diverting your attention, if it does.
Re: 'Purple Hibiscus' By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by adisa204(m): 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
read it in my sec sch days.i really loved it.it was wow cause ngozi was on point 2ruout.
Re: 'Purple Hibiscus' By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by adisa204(m): 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2013
she killed him because of all the things he had being bdoin 2 her now.rem he just didnt kill him ons she took dis pill frm her house girl nd had being puttin it n her husbands tea 4 a very long time.i wouldnt say killin was d best thing 2 have done but she endured 4 a very long tym nd she had no choice now.cause her husband is an example of wat yorubas call"she si ta ma she si le"doin father christmas outsude while his house was a barracks beats his wife 4 unreasonable things even his children had no say at home.d turnin point was the children stay at Aunty amaka place if not d man would hav eventually killed d woman,it was just a matter of time b4 dos pregnancy loss due 2 beatings frm her husband.so she had no option now.

1 Like

Re: 'Purple Hibiscus' By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Bolanlera(f): 9:12pm On Nov 18, 2016
the book is xo NYC luv it so mch
Re: 'Purple Hibiscus' By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by em19em6: 11:00pm On Oct 27, 2019
Naija
Re: 'Purple Hibiscus' By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by sparta191(m): 6:40am On Oct 28, 2019
I have a personal copy of this beautiful work of art.
there's a good reason why she's called the younger version of chinua Achebe and Buchi emecheta.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Queen Jennifer Ephraim's Book "Dilemma Of The Nigeria Girl Child" Now On Amazon / My Wife's Diary - Part 1 / 3957 Free E-novels(limited Time Offer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.