Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch (26705 Views)

Chinese Firm Says It Did All It Could Ahead Of Cyber-attack / History Made As Solar Powered Plane Completes Circumnavigation Of The Earth / Ghana Embarks On Nuclear Power Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by Goldenheart(m): 10:25pm On May 12, 2015
Okay lets see
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by foxvilles: 10:27pm On May 12, 2015
Must it be Chinese company?
This Country and chinko sef
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 12, 2015
MOUA:
HELLO BERLIN (WE ARE READY )
Barcelona are going through to the Champions League final after 5-3 on aggregate! Bayern München fought very well and won today's match with 3-2, but it wasn't enough.

more photo >>>http://www.mouaue.com/2015/05/hello-berlin-we-are-ready.html
juventus will win the champions league

1 Like

Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 12, 2015
For football tips of 2 odd (singles) for 30 days, whatsapp me 080663:87195 (UK source 80% accuracy over 30 days)
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by Lagaritha(m): 10:34pm On May 12, 2015
China has good technology. It all depends on the specification you give them. If you want to cut down on quality, what's their business?

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by lekjons(m): 10:34pm On May 12, 2015
donmarvex:

Ferrari ko? Lamborghini ni?
gringringringrin
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:35pm On May 12, 2015
kcynho:
G
for goat

1 Like

Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:38pm On May 12, 2015
mmsen:
The whole notion of a 'national' grid for Nigeria is silly.

Let each state generate its own power.
GBAM!
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by ceejayluv(m): 10:39pm On May 12, 2015
GodwinTobi:
PLS WHO KNOWS D NEW NAME OF PHCN IN DELTA STATE COS I WANT TO CURSE DEM. I DNT WANT TO RAIN CURSE ON A WRONG COMPANY
DIS WHOLE POWER STUFF IS A SCAM
Not everywhere in delta though....
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by Sholah96(m): 10:46pm On May 12, 2015
DahtzFestjayz:
Where are Nigeria based construction company?
Abi o! Last year they CELEBRATED one bridge wey ONLY Naija contractors do
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by winodey(m): 10:49pm On May 12, 2015
If you are a student and you are still begging your parents for pocket money, chai, you are just missing out big. If you a corper, or still loking for job, chai wake up visit this cos it will put money on you pocket =>>>>> http://www.makemoneystudent.com/
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by Badosqi(m): 10:52pm On May 12, 2015
Good but will must feel the impact oo. I am looking forward to when we will see 5 days non-stop light here in osogbo. We had 3 days nonstop many times, now we want at least 5 days nonstop.
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by SpiderWEB101: 10:52pm On May 12, 2015
Jonathan should packed out and stop fooling himself on last minute fresh air.

no meaningful thing was achieve. the power situation in my area is fuvked up.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by Proffdada: 11:00pm On May 12, 2015
ERCROSS:

Must we always call on these foreigners to execute major infrastructural contracts when we have graduates in such field in this country..

Instead of wasting excess money on foreign firm, why not upgrade our institutions too and employ these foreign lecturers to teach us what it needs to be an expatriate in one's chosen field , so u won't need to be flown out of the country before u can get a good health care...

[size=15pt]Nigeria, when will u start entrusting such huge projects to your institution graduates... embarassed [/size]

I WEEP FOR MY COUNTRY ... cry

u mean those graduates that did copy and paste to get through the academic system like Jonathan?

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by abatically(m): 11:01pm On May 12, 2015
ERCROSS:

Must we always call on these foreigners to execute major infrastructural contracts when we have graduates in such field in this country..

Instead of wasting excess money on foreign firm, why not upgrade our institutions too and employ these foreign lecturers to teach us what it needs to be an expatriate in one's chosen field , so u won't need to be flown out of the country before u can get a good health care...

[size=15pt]Nigeria, when will u start entrusting such huge projects to your institution graduates... embarassed [/size]

Relax, we are not there yet. U can't expect them to give such a huge and sensitive contract to a local company. We can't even build an engine in this country yet (Most of Innoson parts are imported from China). And we all know how roads and buildings constructed by local contractors compare with the ones executed by foreign companies. Even in advanced countries, they give contracts to foreign firms with better experience and equipment than local firms.

A good example is the Apple which is a USA company. The Iphone 6 camera has Sony (A Japanese company) sensors and LG (Japanese) display. Also the phone was assembled in China. It is not a crime to give contracts to foreign companies especially when u know they will do a better job than the locals.

U are asking for such huge contract to be given to graduates? U mean those that barely know theory and little to nothing about practicals? I'm a graduate of science and I can tell u our technical schools are nothing to write home about. We pay too much attention to theory and very little to practicals. In reality, theory ends in school while practicals is what u take out there.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by ASHLAND(m): 11:03pm On May 12, 2015
I support your comment; that is how it is done in many developed country. I have being thinking the same as the best solution to solve Nigeria's power problem. In addition to that, many energy production company should be licensed to build power plant, generate the power, and sell it to distributors - grid. If that could happened, Nigeria would generate energy more than needed, there would be competition in energy cost to distributors, and energy cost will as well fall just like cell phone service cost.
mmsen:
The whole notion of a 'national' grid for Nigeria is silly.

Let each state generate its own power.
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by mmsen: 11:07pm On May 12, 2015
ASHLAND:
I support your comment; that is how it is done in many developed country. I have being thinking the same as the best solution to solve Nigeria's power problem. In addition to that, many energy production company should be licensed to build power plant, generate the power, and sell it to distributors - grid. If that could happened, Nigeria would generate energy more than needed, there would be competition in energy cost to distributors, and energy cost will as well fall just like cell phone service cost.

What you have described is what I believe was the intention behind the privatization of PHCN.

We shall see how it pans out over the coming years.
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 12, 2015
News such as this makes me wonder what former President Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo actually did with a whooping $16 billion.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 12, 2015
Ok... This one is coming a little late but it is still a good one from govt.
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by bextie2016: 11:24pm On May 12, 2015
SONY ELECTRONICS NIGERIA "Paid to Drive"

* MAKE MONEY BY SIMPLY DRIVING YOUR CAR
* ADVERTISERS WANTED FOR SONY ELECTRONICS NIGERIA
* EARN NO LESS THAN N25,000 WEEKLY TO ADVERTISE ON YOUR CAR.
* It is Very Easy and Simple,

How it works
Here's the basic premise of the "Get paid to drive" concept:
SONY ELECTRONICS seeks people -- regular citizens, not professional
drivers -- to go about their normal routine as they usually do, only
with an advert for "SONY ELECTRONICS" plastered on your car. The
ads are typically vinyl decals, also known as "auto wraps," that
almost seem to be painted on the vehicle but can pilled-off at the end of the program, and which will cover any
portion of your car's exterior surface.

What does the company get out of this type of ad strategy? Lots of
exposure and awareness.The auto wraps tend to be colorful and
eye-catching and attract lots of attention. Plus, it's a form of
advertising with a captive audience, meaning people who are stuck in
traffic and can't avoid seeing the wrapped car alongside them. This
program will last for 3 months and the minimum period you can
participate is 1 month.

You will be compensated with N25,000/week (twenty five thousand naira per Week),
which is essentially a "rental" payment for letting our company use
the exterior space of your vehicle. SONY ELECTRONICS shall provide experts that would handle the
advert placing on your car, when your application is approved.

To apply, simply send the below details to ptd_sonynigeria@outlook.com
Full Name:
Make of car/ year:
Address:
city:
State:
Phone Number(s) mobile/home :
Email Address:

Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by wtfCode: 11:29pm On May 12, 2015
na so i dey hear am since...make dem kukuma divide this stewpeed country.
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by ERCROSS(m): 11:30pm On May 12, 2015
abatically:

Relax, we are not there yet. U can't expect them to give such a huge and sensitive contract to a local company. We can't even build an engine in this country yet (Most of Innoson parts are imported from China). And we all know how roads and buildings constructed by local contractors compare with the ones executed by foreign companies. Even in advanced countries, they give contracts to foreign firms with better experience and equipment than local firms.

A good example is the Apple which is a USA company. The Iphone 6 camera has Sony (A Japanese company) sensors and LG (Japanese) display. Also the phone was assembled in China. It is not a crime to give contracts to foreign companies especially when u know they will do a better job than the locals.

U are asking for such huge contract to be given to graduates? U mean those that barely know theory and little to nothing about practicals? I'm a graduate of science and I can tell u our technical schools are nothing to write home about. We pay too much attention to theory and very little to practicals. In reality, theory ends in school while practicals is what u take out there.

Uhmmm...
I just hope we get there one day...
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by mikhe2(m): 11:39pm On May 12, 2015
GodwinTobi:
PLS WHO KNOWS D NEW NAME OF PHCN IN DELTA STATE COS I WANT TO CURSE DEM. I DNT WANT TO RAIN CURSE ON A WRONG COMPANY
DIS WHOLE POWER STUFF IS A SCAM
guy I dy hear say na one effing benin company
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by funkyrash(m): 11:59pm On May 12, 2015
This Project in Gwagwalada, has been there for months, always light at that place, but no light in Gwagwalada!!! :-)
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by mikron(m): 12:17am On May 13, 2015
They keep commissioning yet we no see light o. Where all d commissioned projects com dey generate light go na?
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by tk4rd: 12:24am On May 13, 2015
kcynho:
G
You mean GROUNDNUTS
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by ezeagu(m): 12:31am On May 13, 2015
These Chinese people are just chopping.
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by BOUNTYDOG(m): 12:32am On May 13, 2015
DahtzFestjayz:
Last minute projects. Where are Nigeria based construction company?

They have been workng with Nepa since and now PHCN.
There idea of power supply is not a must you have it 24/7 if u can afford it.
Their idea has been channeld to reasonng like if u can have 4hrs of power in a day,they have done excellenty
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by kabaka1: 12:40am On May 13, 2015
ERCROSS:

Very thought input. U just deserve a handshake for just nailing the nail right on the head.
Yes, sometimes, I weep for Nigeria. That's when u're overseas these oyinbos no go won repect u until u prove urself to them.
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by Sibrah: 12:50am On May 13, 2015
DahtzFestjayz:
Point of correction this is not a 2 months project and can't be tagged a last minute project.
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by Reference(m): 1:34am On May 13, 2015
DahtzFestjayz:

Their directors are busy vying for political office which is far more lucrative.
Re: Chinese Firm Completes Major Power Project In Nigeria - Punch by InvertedHammer: 2:31am On May 13, 2015
msmon:

He said the Niger Delta Power Holding Company of
Nigeria,
which constructed the facility through
Sinotec, will be in its second phase of the project,
focus mainly on the construction of hydro power
plants in northern Nigeria
to assure a mixed grid
distribution of power.

www.punchng.com/news/chinese-firm-completes-major-power-project-in-nigeria/ lalasticlala

\
The bolded got my attention.

Niger Delta PHCN focusing mainly in the northern Nigeria.
/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Basic Facts You Should Know About The Human Body / Eight Of The World’s Most Stunning Bridges / Technology Updates!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.