Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,789 members, 7,862,613 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:49 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (717066 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2015
pcbo:

Am really sad and crying
Big boss,where can I learn how to cook

Haha. Where are you at the moment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by pcbo: 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
slimmy05:
grin We have lots of Ghanaian and am sure they will put you through. YouTube plus few friends around got me going. I am the last in my family so I really didn't send cooking as a chore, though I left the house at a very early age on my own. Its nothing, you'll find it easy when you come here.
Thanks, have started with YouTube learning how to make stew
First trial ,I burnt the whole stew and was too salty embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 6:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
bbdd:
Zeezahbee

Boss lady!!! how far.
How's pharmacy school?
Do you know much about this fpgee and naplex exam.
A friend here is disturbing my life. I told her to write exam to be a pharm tech first and later find her feet within the profession.
I hope I advised her well sha. Just want a second opinion because I read she has to repeat internship and the quality of our medical /rx schools can't compete with theirs there if she wants to enter the profession directly without being in the system for a short time. She's smart tho. Pharm salaries start at >110K with benefits . shocked but tech is like 40-50k. sad

She got a migrant visa.
Send me a pm? This fasting worry me today. I no fit type plenty
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by pcbo: 6:48pm On Jul 05, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Am in ghana at de moment,will be in New York on 16th
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 6:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
pcbo:

Am in ghana at de moment,will be in New York on 16th

You definitely need to learn how to cook if you want to survive in the US, especially if you're on budget.

You can always learn from youtube as there are video tutorials on how to make almost all Nigerian food. I was going through youtube some time ago and came across 'All Nigerian Recipes' channel and I watched as the cook made her foods and it is exactly just as my mom (who I learned from) cooks. I recommend that channel for you. Watch her videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/NigerianFoodRecipes

You will learn how to cook virtually everything on that channel. Her cooking style is Igbo, especially if you're Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 05, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I hate it when they serve me this food. Especially that brocolli angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 6:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
pcbo:

Hahaha. Cooking stew is an art, it comes in steps. You miss the steps, you miss the stew. I started cooking stew since I was 13 or so and have perfected in it over the years. My first attempt at cooking was at 7 or 8 years and I cooked beans and plantain (my favourite food till now) and my maternal grandma was around then who guided me through the whole process. Funny enough it came out tasty and my dad loved it (because I overdosed on onions and my dad loves onions grin) and asked me to be cooking beans more often in the house! You need to see the look on my mom's face that night. It was priceless. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Hahaha. Cooking stew is an art, it comes in steps. You miss the steps, you miss the stew. I started cooking stew since I was 13 or so and have perfected in it over the years. My first attempt at cooking was at 7 or 8 years and I cooked beans and plantain (my favourite food till now) and my maternal grandma was around then who guided me through the whole process. Funny enough it came out tasty and my dad loved it (because I overdosed on onions and my dad loves onions grin) and asked me to be cooking beans more often in the house! You need to see the look on my mom's face that night. It was priceless. grin
Its beans for life. It's funny that's my family's best food.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2015
slimmy05:
I hate it when they serve me this food. Especially that brocolli angry

Lawd knows I hate broccoli and mushrooms. angry I wouldn't dare eat those even if given to me for free.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Lawd knows I hate broccoli and mushrooms. angry I wouldn't dare eat those even if given to me for free.
I get angry when they scream its vegetable grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 05, 2015
innovativeame:
@Deetus I'm still waiting for "itumo" bendel Insurance
@Bigfrancis21 who are those allowed to carry along with them their credentials when travelling to the US?
Lols, you don't need that. You need God!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by tradenet: 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
zeezahbee:
you no dey fear. See as you talk am. In broad day light

Just adding to that : guy be careful what you post here you never know who is reading.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
I guess I cited imperiouxx. Boss how you dey?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
amanze15:
when ur legacy is being reviewed on a daily somewhere on nairaland wink grin
Legacy on Nairaland? Hahahaha, I have not met any female here and that is a good thing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Busconductor: 7:22pm On Jul 05, 2015
Good day guys, about booking my flight. I'm a regular flyer with airfrance/Klm and I have booked a round trip because a one way trip is more expensive. I hope me booking a round trip won't cause any issues at Poe since I'm on a student visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 7:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I put on a bit of weight sometime in May which I noticed and cut down on my rations and number of times I eat in a day. I cook a lot at home and as we speak I have chicken stew with turkey, beans and ripe plantains, ogbono soup with okporoko and beef, fried chicken, curry stew and white rice in my fridge! cheesy I also have bread, eggs, fruits, candies for dessert, peak milk (yes peak milk! I buy peak milk here in Maryland), hot chocolate, bananas etc.

I cook fried rice every now and then and often cook fried rice and jollof rice intermittently. Dem don use my fried rice sabi me for work o. grin

One time I took fried rice to work and during break I was eating it. Men, the odourlicious aromatic aroma permeated the whole office. My Nigerian colleague at work stood up o and started looking for where this smell was coming from only for her to come to my desk and she shouted 'Jesus oh its you that's eating this food!'. She immediately got hungry and went for her break immediately to go and eat. grin

My boss equally came around and peeped at my food in amazement. Chai. I laugh die that day. I was the center of attention that day.

A bia na nni, si wepukwalu m aka o. grin

Hahahaahahahahaahahah!
I added a lot weight too... I started working out and lost everything and more. No more fast food. No more Soda. It worked like magic! Unfortunately I'm big on pasta!

Nigerians are such remarkable cook.
You fridge is one that I have to raid!!!
...and padlock can't stop me! grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 7:58pm On Jul 05, 2015
slimmy05:
I get angry when they scream its vegetable grin

Mehn I LOVE broccoli!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2015
slimmy05:
Its beans for life. It's funny that's my family's best food.

Yum!!!!
My room mate eats a lot of beans... I don go hide my recently acquired Nig beans under my bed.
I know fit shout! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 8:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
slimmy05:
All these Nigerian guys here are just after the money, they all went to work and I followed suit considering the increase in minimum wage to $10/hr. Men I usually enjoy cook out here as I get to eat enough. I just had to stop cos I was putting on weight, my clothes were suffering. Imagine from W33 to 34. That's good to hear. My internship and thesis is next year. I've started networking

Fatman!!! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 8:06pm On Jul 05, 2015
zeezahbee:

Pele! Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 8:08pm On Jul 05, 2015
pcbo:

Hahahahahahaahahha

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 8:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I put on a bit of weight sometime in May which I noticed and cut down on my rations and number of times I eat in a day. I cook a lot at home and as we speak I have chicken stew with turkey, beans and ripe plantains, ogbono soup with okporoko and beef, fried chicken, curry stew and white rice in my fridge! cheesy I also have bread, eggs, fruits, candies for dessert, peak milk (yes peak milk! I buy peak milk here in Maryland), hot chocolate, bananas etc.

I cook fried rice every now and then and often cook fried rice and jollof rice intermittently. Dem don use my fried rice sabi me for work o. grin

One time I took fried rice to work and during break I was eating it. Men, the odourlicious aromatic aroma permeated the whole office. My Nigerian colleague at work stood up o and started looking for where this smell was coming from only for her to come to my desk and she shouted 'Jesus oh its you that's eating this food!'. She immediately got hungry and went for her break immediately to go and eat. grin

My boss equally came around and peeped at my food in amazement. Chai. I laugh die that day. I was the center of attention that day.

A bia na nni, si wepukwalu m aka o. grin

Lmfao...He should remove hand abi. grin
You're a grub ooo.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 8:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
zeezahbee:

Pele dear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 8:15pm On Jul 05, 2015
zeezahbee:
Lol. Pele
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Ayanma kiss undecided undecided
You didn't even add mash potatoes. Irritating.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 05, 2015
Stewee:

I kinda agree with you.
Is it illegal to carry credentials on a tourist visa/Visit?

Abi her case is just one big bad luck (that's me thinking like a Nigerian) because really, what are the odds?

There is usually more to these cases than is posted here on Nairaland - I have seen that from the transcripts of my own interviews posted here.
Each time an individual re-applies for a U.S., their case will be reviewed again. It is extremely important that you answer the VO's questions honestly and not attempt to conceal any information; any VO reviewing this case will be able to read detailed notes entered by law enforcement officers at the border and will undoubtedly ask about being turned around at the border. Whether this or not this leads to a refusal is dependent on the circumstances of the individual case.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2015
Stewee:

Lmfao...He should remove hand abi. grin
You're a grub ooo.

Hahaha!

Agadi nwayi anaro aka nka n'egwu o malu agba...gwooo nu. cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 8:37pm On Jul 05, 2015
zeezahbee:
Ayanma kiss undecided undecided
You didn't even add mash potatoes. Irritating.

Exactly! Me too. I don't like mashed potatoes neither. It sucks. angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 8:42pm On Jul 05, 2015
Stewee:

Hahahaahahahahaahahah!
I added a lot weight too... I started working out and lost everything and more. No more fast food. No more Soda. It worked like magic! Unfortunately I'm big on pasta!

Nigerians are such remarkable cook.
You fridge is one that I have to raid!!!
...and padlock can't stop me! grin

Spaghetti, cheese and macaroni are one-way straight ticket to getting fat in this country. I ate lotta spags last semester at our school's diners (my job comes with free meals, all I need do is order my food at Subway, Chic Fil'A, Aunt Anne's, Sbarros etc. and swipe my student ID card) and I started noticing I was putting on weight, so I have stopped eating that one.

When I go to subway and order my favourite BLT sandwich, I tell them not to add the usual cheese, before person go fat for this country joor. Its so easy to put on weight in this country.

Feel free to raid my fridge anytime any day! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 8:44pm On Jul 05, 2015
Stewee:

Fatman!!! grin

Fatty bombom no be small one o. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by jakeharris(m): 8:46pm On Jul 05, 2015
I don't see all the fuss about qatar fly emirates and other middle east airlines, they have no reason to turn you back except your holding a fake document or something. I flew with qatar on December 25th and when I got to qatar doha's airport nothing really special happened as I was waiting to be checked self I was choking the Indian tazanian babe and I was denied a temp visa but I was given a hotel room in their hotel coz I had a 8 hour stopover and in the morning I took my 14 hr flight to jfk the poe didn't even ask me no problem ...so I don't see the fuss just be yourself and nothing is gonna happen to you.....your humble servant jakeharris

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (402)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.