Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,344 members, 7,867,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:32 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (718225 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by innovativeame(m): 6:34pm On May 20, 2015
portelli:

See dude I appreciate ur concern. But did you read my interview transcript very well. because if you did, u wouldn't complicate this issue. If you read without comprehension, feel free to ask qstions before condemning my post. So, with all the schools that I listed, they sound like community colleges to u, talk less of noncredit course in US. I said it, no slanderous statements, if none can say what's expected, don't quote me, I'm okay with what I have had so far.
My oga, "it have do" you will get your visa in the next attempt but I'll suggest you take SAT. Imagine in my own case, the VO didn't ask me for any document except for GRE score. I was just wandering, what if I didn't stick to Slimmy's advice? I would have probably been handed 214b . Vos have the proclivity and propensity to approve visa of seamingly serious students with good Standardized test scores. It's a conviction that you are going to the US for a very serious business. I'm with u boss, stay focused.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 6:35pm On May 20, 2015
imperiouxx:

SUNY is never a college. It's a university college. State University of New York is one of the best cheap schools here.

In fact, it's one of the state/public university in NY.

NYU (New York University is private) and there is not University of New York.
The guy said community college. It seems he doesn't even know what he's going for Well he should get his stuffs right because he's even confusing himself

Portelli, study your application well and try to write practice likely visa interviews so you won't make mistake in your next interview. You could as well go with your UMD i20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 6:39pm On May 20, 2015
zeezahbee:
The guy said community college. It seems he doesn't even know what he's going for Well he should get his stuffs right because he's even confusing himself

Portelli, study your application well and try to practice likely visa interviews so you won't make mistake in your next interview

Probably he's talking about their community colleges. New York City put some community colleges under their state universities (SUNY and CUNY) for easy transition and to help with low cost education. And if that's the case for him, then he shouldn't have said SUNY college (a university) but for example jkjk community college.

Like Mystiqme, he's in Stony Brook University which is SUNY.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 20, 2015
slimmy05:
I am not talking girl related issue, I am talking about your profile pic. It's like someone comes on here with your cousins picture as his profile pics which you posted on Facebook.
your Cousin? How? The person on my dp never mentioned she has anyone here on nl, and that I got the pic from facebook? Where did u get that from? Pls I am not here to talk abt my dp,ok. Enjoy ur day
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 6:40pm On May 20, 2015
This one that everyone is attacking each other. Am tired sef cry . Some opinions don't go down with some people but let learn to tolerate each other.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 20, 2015
luciouslyon:
your Cousin? How? The person on my dp never mentioned she has anyone here on nl, and that I got the pic from facebook? Where did u get that from? Pls I am not here to talk abt my dp,ok. Enjoy ur day
Mr, man don't start acting silly, don't try to play smart.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 20, 2015
slimmy05:
Not really, that person is not here to help- you know what happens when someone has your cousins profile pics you posted on Facebook and comes here to attack you? cheesy
Hehehehe cheesy Slimmy, I swear, You very funny!...They will soon hack your account, grin cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 20, 2015
profojah:

Hehehehe cheesy Slimmy, I swear, You very funny!...They will soon hack your account, grin cheesy
Lol, you know say I be detective wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 20, 2015
slimmy05:
Mr, man don't start acting silly, don't try to play smart.
you are the one who started talking about my dp and I never quoted you when I commented on a topic here,so who is acting silly and playing smart? Abeg park well ooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 20, 2015
slimmy05:
Lol, you know say I be detective wink
I know boss! cheesy.....Your head is excessively valid
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 20, 2015
luciouslyon:
you are the one who started talking about my dp and I never quoted you when I commented on a topic here,so who is acting silly and playing smart? Abeg park well ooo.
I should park well. It would be insane for me to start making such allegations and I seek to demand why you would take a pic from my Facebook here?
I greet everyone in the house. I just dey observe. Portelli, sorry man! Re-apply! You will get it. I got denied too and I have re-booked appointment believing I will get it this time. Oga Imperiouxx and the great gurus, make una continue una good work.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by portelli: 6:50pm On May 20, 2015
innovativeame:

Bro, I don't think it's the school. Those schools are no way near community colleges. He will get his visa in the next attempt.
Bro I've noticed ur high level of understanding in this thread. Thank u very much. But is it advisable to book appointment like June 15. Seems too desperate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ScholarAkassi: 6:51pm On May 20, 2015
Questions about the Visa Interview

My visa interview is 6:30 am. Of course, I will be there as early as 5:45 but I want to inquire about the exact time the interview will commence. Secondly, I have rehearsed different questions and my family are so helping me in the rehearsal just like they did when I was preparing for IELTS Speaking Test. However, I am stuck with one question 'How many schools did you apply'? I actually applied to only one university which is Rice University. I was referred to a Professor in the school for Ph.D supervision by the two supervisors who supervised my masters thesis in the UK one Professor from King's College University of London and one Professor from Keele University. In addition, I conducted a survey of over 100 universities in the US but it was only the Professor at Rice University that share exactly the same research interests with me. I started communicating with the Professor I yr and 3 months before I officially submitted my application. Although I was quite optimistic I would get in because of my convincing statement of purpose and excellent writing sample but my hope was almost dashed after I wrote the GRE exam. After preparing for the exam for about 5 months, I ended up with 151 Verbal, 150 Quant and 3.0 AW. Notwithstanding my poor performance, the Professor told me to apply and he spoke quite confidently that I would get in based on other criteria. I finally got in and I started a 2 yr research project immediately with the Professor which I would hopefully conclude as a Rice graduate student. In a nutshell, when the VO ask me the question 'How many schools did you apply'? My answer would be I applied to only one university Rice university because I was referred to a Professor at the university by the supervisors that supervised my Masters thesis in the UK and also because my research fit neatly with the research of my Ph.D supervisor at Rice University. Any comments do you all think this answer is satisfactory enough for any soft or harsh VO? Although I pray to meet a soft VO. bbdd and others I need your comment.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 20, 2015
profojah:

I know boss! cheesy.....Your head is excessively valid
why you run from romance thread Oga
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 20, 2015
slimmy05:
I should park well. It would be insane for me to start making such allegations and I seek to demand why you would take a pic from my Facebook here?
yes PARK WELL, do I even know u or ur facebook id Mr? If my dp is giving u restlessness pls kindly let me know. What's your stress? I'm entitled to what I put on my dp any day any time. So lookaway pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 6:56pm On May 20, 2015
ScholarAkassi:
Questions about the Visa Interview

My visa interview is 6:30 am. Of course, I will be there as early as 5:45 but I want to inquire about the exact time the interview will commence. Secondly, I have rehearsed different questions and my family are so helping me in the rehearsal just like they did when I was preparing for IELTS Speaking Test. However, I am stuck with one question 'How many schools did you apply'? I actually applied to only one university which is Rice University. I was referred to a Professor in the school for Ph.D supervision by the two supervisors who supervised my masters thesis in the UK one Professor from King's College University of London and one Professor from Keele University. In addition, I conducted a survey of over 100 universities in the US but it was only the Professor at Rice University that share exactly the same research interests with me. I started communicating with the Professor I yr and 3 months before I officially submitted my application. Although I was quite optimistic I would get in because of my convincing statement of purpose and excellent writing sample but my hope was almost dashed after I wrote the GRE exam. After preparing for the exam for about 5 months, I ended up with 151 Verbal, 150 Quant and 3.0 AW. Notwithstanding my poor performance, the Professor told me to apply and he spoke quite confidently that I would get in based on other criteria. I finally got in and I started a 2 yr research project immediately with the Professor which I would hopefully conclude as a Rice graduate student. In a nutshell, when the VO ask me the question 'How many schools did you apply'? My answer would be I applied to only one university Rice university because I was referred to a Professor at the university by the supervisors that supervised my Masters thesis in the UK and also because my research fit neatly with the research of my Ph.D supervisor at Rice University. Any comments do you all think this answer is satisfactory enough for any soft or harsh VO? Although I pray to meet a soft VO. bbdd and others I need your comment.

Never tell the vo you applied to one university.
No two ways about it.
They make splitting decisions in quick seconds. You don't want to give any vo doubts about your academic credibility.

Make schools up if you have to.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by portelli: 6:56pm On May 20, 2015
DARKLIGHT:
I greet everyone in the house. I just dey observe. Portelli, sorry man! Re-apply! You will get it. I got denied too and I have re-booked appointment believing I will get it this time. Oga Imperiouxx and the great gurus, make una continue una good work.
Bro I have the faith that we're going to make it this time in Jesus name
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 20, 2015
luciouslyon:
yes PARK WELL, do I even know u or ur facebook id Mr? If my dp is giving u restlessness pls kindly let me know. What's your stress? I'm entitled to what I put on my dp any day any time. So lookaway pls
you're not in anyway entitled to invade people's privacy and bring up here to attack them, it is against nairaland rule and if you want to remain in peace here I demand an explanation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 7:00pm On May 20, 2015
bartino:
okay bro Slimmy sorry for that if it was harsh I didn't mean to take it so,never. even knew it was you man,thought maybe it was someone pulling up some jokes when I try to be serious on what's urgent....my apologies house,am sorry.

Slimmy05
He has apologized ooo...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by innovativeame(m): 7:02pm On May 20, 2015
portelli:

Bro I've noticed ur high level of understanding in this thread. Thank u very much. But is it advisable to book appointment like June 15. Seems too desperate?
Thanks sir. I'll suggest you go ending of June. You still have July to run your show. Maintain same response with confidence. Pray before leaving home bro, you will get it by God's grace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 20, 2015
bbdd:

Never tell the vo you applied to one university.
No two ways about it.
They make splitting decisions in quick seconds. You don't want to give any vo doubts about your academic credibility.

Make schools up if you have to.
But bbdd, what if the VO ask for his GRE scorecard and found out he only applied to one school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 20, 2015
slimmy05:
you're not in anyway entitled to invade people's privacy and bring up here to attack them, it is against nairaland rule and if you want to remain in peace here I demand an explanation.
I guess we are not here to discuss people's dp,you are the one that brought up my dp's talk here. Pls I'm not cut out for battering words with anyone whether on this forum or anywhere so pls mind what you are here for Mr.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 20, 2015
slimmy05:
I guess we are not here to discuss people's dp,you are the one that brought up my dp's talk here. Pls I'm not cut out for battering words with anyone whether on this forum or anywhere so pls mind what you are here for Mr. I just ur saw pm and u know what? I will just lookaway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 20, 2015
luciouslyon:
I guess we are not here to discuss people's dp,you are the one that brought up my dp's talk here. Pls I'm not cut out for battering words with anyone whether on this forum or anywhere so pls mind what you are here for Mr.
Mr, this is no joke and you need to behave yourself and I want an explanation to that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 20, 2015
slimmy05:
why you run from romance thread Oga
I no run, I still dey.,..Always surprise whenever I see sirRiddy online in that section sef
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 20, 2015
profojah:

I no run, I still dey.,..Always surprise whenever I see sirRiddy on that section sef
no mind that guy, him Don open eyes see say that "Shakirat" no fine reach.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by innovativeame(m): 7:13pm On May 20, 2015
Slimmy05 if I were u, I won't allow anybody get at me unnecessarily, leave this Luciouslyon guy alone. Continue your good work and allow God to bless you in the open. I don't wanna start saying anything before someone says I'm a praise singer when I'm not an igbo man that will name my child Testimony. I sometimes feel our comments and responses do not achieve the goals and objective of this thread. You can't be great without antagonism. I propose we shld create a new thread for throwing tantrums and calling names.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 20, 2015
innovativeame:
Slimmy05 if I were u, I won't allow anybody get at me unnecessarily, leave this Luciouslyon guy alone. Continue your good work and allow God to bless you in the open. I don't wanna start saying anything before someone says I'm a praise singer when I'm not an igbo man that will name my child Testimony. I sometimes feel our comments and responses do not achieve the goals and objective of this thread. You can't be great without antagonism. I propose we shld create a new thread for throwing tantrums and calling names.
did you read my message he went on my Facebook and too my pictures that is to tell you that I can't just pic on people . You don kolo o, so na only Igbo people dey name their pickin testimony cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 20, 2015
Can you see now? I don't attack anyone for no reason

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 7:24pm On May 20, 2015
profojah:

But bbdd, what if the VO ask for his GRE scorecard and found out he only applied to one school?

It doesn't matter.
Besides there's a big chance they may not ask for the score card. It's a risk worth taking.

I just chose the one on the side of the positive odds.
Telling the vo you applied to one school will just spoil their mind mehn
And that's not a good one especially when they have less than 5 mins to decide.
You no see say approval rate is not as high as before? These people are jot smiling o.

Eventually it's his decision to take.
I just said what I'll do if it were me.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by innovativeame(m): 7:26pm On May 20, 2015
slimmy05:
did you read my message he went on my Facebook and too my pictures that is to tell you that I can't just pic on people . You don kolo o, so na only Igbo people dey name their pickin testimony cheesy cheesy
You have successfully named me "kolo" grin That name is prevalent among the igbos .

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (402)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.