Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,529 members, 7,861,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:58 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (716810 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2015
amanze15:
grin grin grin mbeenox where state u dey enter?! Make I comw dey collect monthly stipend
grin na Texas, no b like that, Me I dey buy PC for videogames n its always above $700 for 1 PC with Good GPU like x60 Nvidia series
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2015
cutemorgan:

Let's assume someone got a full scholarship to study in the US, will the person still be required to present a S0A during the visa interview? What will you advice if the person doesn't have an immediate family member with an acct balance in the million range? Can he/she use that of a distant uncle, family friend, a friend's dad or any other volunteer?
you still need a statement of account, yes you can use distant uncle in as much as they have sufficient funds
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2015
mbeenox:

grin na Texas, no b like that, Me I dey buy PC for videogames n its always above $700 for 1 PC with Good GPU like xx60 Nvidia series
haba buy a video game console and save money, $450 u can get a super PC even the dell XPS is not that bad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 3:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
amanze15:
haba buy a video game console and save money, $450 u can get a super PC even the dell XPS is not that bad

I'm a hardcore gamer, A $450 dollar PC cant play the kind of games I want like the witcher 3, only low end games can be played with a dell Xps, something like Alienware Or MSI, I avoid consoles coz I will be buying d CDs, PC games re easier to get, u can always download, u will save money in the long run on a PC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
amanze15:
am clandestinely clear SIR!!! 600 for both a super fast phone and PC shouldn't be too much sir
it's okay..depends on the city you're headed..Sincerely,you shouldn't be thinking of gadgets now..You should be thinking of having at least four month rent money handy!!Just saying though.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by deejayterabyte(m): 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2015
deejayterabyte:
Good Morning Everyone,

I have a question, I am in the process of completing my application for a M-1 visa, Where i got confused is the section for *Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip*, My sister is sponsoring me for the course, but i intended to go along with her company's Bank statement ( She owns the company), Which of the options should i select? *Other Person* or *Other company/organization*?

Thanks for your responses in Advance wink wink

PLEASE SOMEBODY ANSWER ME sad sad sad cry cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by HoneyBronzed: 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
anikemoses:
am at college park

Hello guys, I plan to live in Maryland. Close to the metro. I'm looking at Either Silver Spring or College Park. But its like most of the rentals in college park give preference to UMD students.
Please can you give me pointers? My budget is 550$, all utilities included.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 4:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
deejayterabyte:

Put ur sister name there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sammynwaGod(m): 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
amanze15:
abeg explain "contract" and "unlocked" terms for me

contract is when you buy from at&t , sprint or tmobile or any other network. that those not have sim slot. it's like a prepaid fone. When you gt to a phone shop tell them you want an unlocked phone that you can easily buy sim . or better still carry your Nigeria fone. when you gt here you can buy simcard . directly from the service provider you want. Just tell them you have your own phone. its more cheaper. $45- $50 per month.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by HoneyBronzed: 4:16pm On Jul 26, 2015
Anybody travelling with Lufthansa or Airfrance? What are the fares like? Are there cheaper airlines? My school is in DC but my POE will be JFK and I plan to leave for DC by bus or train the day after I arrive. Do I need to book my ticket from NY to DC here in nigeria? I plan to do that when I get to NY.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by finestcash: 4:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
hello house can i drop my transcript for the gurus to help me edit it......pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by HoneyBronzed: 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
angel34real:

When your passport is available at selected location you will receive an email that your passport is “Ready for Pick Up”.
Passport Tracking Options.
For your convenience, you can track the location of your passport Instant anytime at this website:
http://ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-passportretrieve.asp#passportcollect.
Enter your passport number to check on the status.
If your status shows "origination scan", it means your passport has left the U.S. Embassy and is transit to the delivery location you have chosen. It is however not available yet.
Only when the status shows "ready for pick up", it means you can go to the VFS Global Document Collection Center you have chosen to pick up your passport.
Please do not go to your delivery location if your status does not show "ready for pick up" as it means your passport has not reached its final destination for pick up.
You can go with the aforementioned identity.
Thanks.

Wow. Thanks a lot. One last question, how long did it take for yours to be available. I just checked and my passport still dey embassy. I had my interview on Wednesday the 15th of July and I plan to travel first week of August.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by HoneyBronzed: 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
biikeys:

That's a good deal..and good your friend is here to check it out for you. What part of Maryland?
I live in the area too.
silver spring. Close to Glemont metro. Would have preferred close to Silver Spring metro tho.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 26, 2015
deejayterabyte:

Other person.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 4:52pm On Jul 26, 2015
stevecrun:
it's okay..depends on the city you're headed..Sincerely,you shouldn't be thinking of gadgets now..You should be thinking of having at least four month rent money handy!!Just saying though.
hahahahah bros I no come from ugu. Hausa na grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 5:01pm On Jul 26, 2015
mbeenox:

I'm a hardcore gamer, A $450 dollar PC cant play the kind of games I want like the witcher 3, only low end games can be played with a dell Xps, something like Alienware Or MSI, I avoid consoles coz I will be buying d CDs, PC games re easier to get, u can always download, u will save money in the long run on a PC
super information u just passed, "Core i7, 6gb/8gb ram 500gb/1TB internal memory". Is this specs powerful enough?! Back in school, my friend had a PC that could operate a software called "madagascar" its a geophysics app. I tripped so it's such purpose I want a high end affordable machine maybe around 800$ since u have convinced me grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
Mbeenox if I buy aleinware 15 I go chain am to my body be that if i wan sleep grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 5:18pm On Jul 26, 2015
amanze15:
super information u just passed, "Core i7, 6gb/8gb ram 500gb/1TB internal memory". Is this specs powerful enough?! Back in school, my friend had a PC that could operate a software called "madagascar" its a geophysics app. I tripped so it's such purpose I want a high end affordable machine maybe around 800$ since u have convinced me grin

What u missed in the specs is ur GPU(Graphics processor unit) if ur Geophysics app is graphically demanding (meaning it renders millions of pixels at once) your GPU needs to be Nvidia or ATI, but if it does just calculations on a less demanding interface then d specs above re very generous.

If u playing the latest video games released on PS4/Xbox1 u can look at d PC priced at $800.. I think d specs above can run ur geophysics app very well,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by BloodyMitch(f): 5:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
HoneyBronzed:

Wow. Thanks a lot. One last question, how long did it take for yours to be available. I just checked and my passport still dey embassy. I had my interview on Wednesday the 15th of July and I plan to travel first week of August.
Thats strange oo mine dt i had on thursday d 23rd of june came out on friday oooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 5:24pm On Jul 26, 2015
amanze15:
Mbeenox if I buy aleinware 15 I go chain am to my body be that if i wan sleep grin
Don't buy alienware 15, unless u won play game o, it would be waste, the thing is very heavy weighs like 8lb
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ikobionu: 5:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
slimmy05:
you're free. I will respond to a emails tomorrow.

Hi slimmy. I pm'ed u. Pls can u reply? I also gat sone enquiries to make. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by deejayterabyte(m): 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
DeeTus:
Other person.

mbeenox:
Put ur sister name there

Thanks a bunch grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
deejayterabyte:

Thanks a bunch grin grin grin
My pleasure grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 6:04pm On Jul 26, 2015
mbeenox:

Don't buy alienware 15, unless u won play game o, it would be waste, the thing is very heavy weighs like 8lb
lol just kidding, its good to find a distraction in midst of a new environment,, thanks for enlightenment, I guess we should be in touch I PM u,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by casalucky: 6:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
djmakson:

You CAN DO IT YOURSELF! Visit www.ets.org/gre. There you can register for the exams.
thanks to you djmakson. but can't I have some tutorial anywhere and see whether I'm in the capacity of passing it before registering. what about the materials, can I have some pls(onulucky@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by mbeenox: 6:21pm On Jul 26, 2015
amanze15:
lol just kidding, its good to find a distraction in midst of a new environment,, thanks for enlightenment, I guess we should be in touch I PM u,

Aii bro, I have replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by USnobeparadise: 6:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
Helloo house who has flown Qatar airline, how cheap and comfortable is it compared to Emirates? Is it true that ' stops ' are many?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by wiseman2392(m): 6:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
casalucky:

thanks to you djmakson. but can't I have some tutorial anywhere and see whether I'm in the capacity of passing it before registering. what about the materials, can I have some pls(onulucky@yahoo.com
Send a blank mail to selfstudy.version2@gmail.com or selfstudy360@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Busconductor: 7:39pm On Jul 26, 2015
HoneyBronzed:
Anybody travelling with Lufthansa or Airfrance? What are the fares like? Are there cheaper airlines? My school is in DC but my POE will be JFK and I plan to leave for DC by bus or train the day after I arrive. Do I need to book my ticket from NY to DC here in nigeria? I plan to do that when I get to NY.
Yes I'm going with airfrance its fare is affordable though not as cheap as some other airlines. My Poe is also JFK when will you be leaving? And then about the train/bus issue, you can always buy a bus/train ticket when you get to New York , you don't have to do that here. That's my opinion tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by roli21: 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
Nice work people Can I take my phone to d embassy n switch it off or just leave it in my hotel

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (402)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.