Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Don't Blog If You Have A Block Head - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Don't Blog If You Have A Block Head (468 Views)

Reasons You Ought To Start A Web Blog If You Have Not / Increase In Fees: Uniport Students Protest, Block East West Road (pix) / UNIBEN Students Protest Colleagues’ Death, Block Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Blog If You Have A Block Head by Bought: 12:14pm On May 13, 2015
We can't look at the competition and say we going to do it better, we have to look at the competition and say we going to do it differently. I have been a regular visitor of NL since 2009, but I joined NL days ago for one purpose, and that's to educate You (Blogger)

Blogging is not just a passing trend, it is here to stay, only those with creativity. And those convinced of its true essence becomes king.

Here is to the crazy ones, the rebels, the trouble makers, the round pegs in a square holes, the ones who sees things differently. They are not bound by rules and the have no respect to statusquo; you can disagree with them, villiefied or unvillified, but one thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things. They push the human race forward with ideas beyond inmagination, thinking and beaten the time. And above all creating a none existing desires, bringing beauty and limitless opportunities to the human race. And while some may see them as crazy ones, we see genues because the people who are crazy enough, who thinks they can change the world with ideas are the ones who do.

Here is to the block head bloggers, the unprofessionals, lazy both in heart and body, the copy and paste bloggers. Who thinks blogging is a shortcut to success; sorry you are in for the shocker of your pocket.

If you follow a well thought out plan and adhere to it diligently, you can succeed as a blogger. This piece will help you restrategise your business lay out and approaches, explaining the reasoning and theory behind my recommendations.

Brand Name:
What a brand represents is as important as the name. Avoid choosing a name that is so restrictive that you will be unable to expand your business. Ask Segun Osewa "NL is a victim". For instance, NL can't not break into the global business community, it would remain local as long as it remains NL. Imagine if Instagram was named America Photos, I bet none of of here would subscribe to it regardless of its usefulness.

Why name your blog after yourself when your name is not even on google top search engine; what's so special about your name that you want to force it on people and your business? Its true Lynda Ikeji blog is popular, but I can assure you her quality content delivery is the key and not her name. Imagine if NL was Segun Osewa.com, thank God he didn't go that direction like most of you are doing. Hence, its important to forget generic or geographical names and embrace deep thinking for name search.

Today, you have all sorts of names "Olosho360, Yabaleft, Fakenews, Ekeee, Alapo, Surulere etc" are these guzs so dull If you like have a million hits an hour, you are still not in the big league.

How come is it that social media penetration in Nigeria is all down to consumption? We hardly create a global business ideas when it comes to social media, all we do is consume and consume. Facebok came, we embraced; Twitter came, we internalized it; Watsapp and Instagram is like heaven on earth. We must take our own share of the new media, we must go beyond thinking of an idea to making money to making things that people would want.

We must begin to take charge of new markets, we must begin to walk in a market that doesn't even exist yet, its indeed the future. We must start talking about the future here and stop all these talk about; How to kiss, how to know a cheat etc after all google answers to such questions. I believe the story of Jumia and Konga is a big lesson to Nigerians; these two brands rakes in billions of Naira annually from online sales, they have successfully taken the new entrant advantage, and whatever we recreate now can't be a better altnernative unless we think out of the boss.

Finally (Episode 1) we must realise starting a startup is a process of trial and error. What guides founders through this process is their empathy for the users. We must stop imitating and taunting other ideas, let's start redesingning existing ideas.

People naturally fear misfortune and long for good fortune; but if the distinction is carefully studied , misfortune often turns out to be good fortune and good fortune to be misfortune. The wise man learns to meet the changing circumstances of life with an equitable spirit, being neither elated by success nor depressed by failure.

Think about this piece before the next one comes while I take my coffee.......

If you’re an expert and would like to weigh in, please feel free to contact me directly (dijitalads@gmail.com) or leave a comment below, this is meant to be an open discussion!
Re: Don't Blog If You Have A Block Head by Whizzcute(m): 12:36pm On May 13, 2015
sai
Re: Don't Blog If You Have A Block Head by redvektor(m): 12:38pm On May 13, 2015
Following
Re: Don't Blog If You Have A Block Head by MrBasketball: 9:51am On May 21, 2015
This your moniker though, expect some useless mentions.

(1) (Reply)

What Students Need To Know While In School / UNILORIN Students Elect Union Leaders Via E-voting / Nigerian Teenager Emerged Best Masters Student In UK Famous University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.