Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

What May Likely Kill Us All - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What May Likely Kill Us All (729 Views)

What If Oxygen Is Poisonous, And Takes Just 75-100 Years To Kill Us? / Likely Dangers Of Boob Sucking ----->>>A Must Read / Does Some Of Our Medical Doctors, And Nurses Help Kill Us Or Save Us?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What May Likely Kill Us All by ademega(m): 3:40pm On May 13, 2015
WHAT MAY LIKELY KILL US ALL
In the olden days, the disease that ravaged the world especially Africa was communicable diseases. Diseases like, chicken pox, smallpox, measles, cholera, tuberculosis etc. Thank God for the intervention of World Health Organization and wide spread campaign for proper hygiene. This reduced the spread and in fact, today, the smallpox virus exists officially in only two laboratories, at the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia, and at a virology laboratory located outside Novosibirsk, Russia.
After so many years of partial victory over communicable disease, then, there is even worst of all, the almighty NON-COMMUNICABLE diseases that doesnt show care or a little respect for the rich or poor, popular or nonentity. Nowadays, when ask for the cause of someones death, if its not accident is most likely one of the non-communicable diseases cancer, hypertension, heart diseases, diabetics, asthma, kidney disease etc.
I was in a seminar organized by some Health Workers-in training sometimes ago (1 am not a health worker anyway, I followed a friend there). The guest speaker who is a medical doctor, talked about various diseases and preventive measures. He actually talked more about non-communicable disease and he made the audience realized the major causes of non-communicable disease is what goes through our mouth down our stomach. He further advised we should stay away from junk foods, especially fast foods from eateries. He attributed the wide spread of death from non-communicable diseases to eating from these eateries. He further advised the audience to eat fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, reduced intake of Maggi salt, and fats etc. Also, we should try as much as possible to cook our food instead of eating at eateries.
During question time, I stood up and I told the audiences that with the way I was thinking right there, these non-communicable diseases may actually be the floods that will sweep away the whole human race into extinction if urgent measures are not put in place like the way they did in the days of communicable diseases .
Let us look at it this way; if we are going by the advice of the doctor guest speaker, we are still in for a very big battle that is yet to start. Let us look at those freshly displayed fruits and vegetables we were advised to be eating. How are they grown? I could remember sometimes ago, I used to see fresh vegetables in my area. I fell in love with the freshness that I had to do unsolicited advert for my friends around. After a period of time, we discovered eating this vegetable always makes us go on a poo spree. At first, I thought, the vegetables were doing a “wonder miracle” of cleansing and washing away the dirty particles in my stomach. It was latter when I discussed this “wonder” with my friends that I was made to realize, I was dying gradually due to fertilize application to the vegetables which happened to be the secret of the freshness. Besides this, what about yam, you store your yam for two weeks in the house and you cant imaging the odor thereof. Hours after eating pounded yam, the whole family forms a queue behind the lavatory. sometimes, you eat the yam, you purge. What about tomatoes, pepper, onions in our kitchen? Okay, let us talk about fruits; in the north you see a mango that is as big as a pawpaw. Yes, the species may be like that, what about the fertilizer to ensure the production of hundreds of such on a single tree? You will be shocked to know that the fresh plantain and banana is no miracle, it was made possible by a popular substance called kardbard (chemical substance used by mechanics or so).
Okay, what about life stocks? Within 3-5 months a chicken will be competing with turkey in size. Mixture of different chemicals with their food is the miracle, unlike the local hen that takes two to three years before it can be consider for Christmas animal. What about pork meat? Fish is not an exemption. Worst still, is the home rearing of our bush meats: grass cuter, rabbits, snails etc.
What about the juice, coke and viju milk we take. There must be something behind that bobo drink that little children wont feel okay in their mothers lap until they take it. The chemicals in bottle, water and pure water may be a letter to cancer you know. Okay, what else do we consume which will give us a rest assurance that we are safe to live long like our fore fathers?
Who is free?
The danger of these non-communicable diseases is that, they seem to pile up and damage the system gradually without knowing. young men who still think they are healthy and go on drinking , smoking race, thinking they are untouchable by these almighty diseases are likely to get the shocker of their lives when the disease decide to show face . The disease kills very fast. Within a year it shows face, the person is dead already, no matter how rich and accessible to the best health facilities in the world .
Then I want to ask again, what do we do in this case? How do we buy more time for our life? How do we live a life free of all these non-communicable diseases?
Re: What May Likely Kill Us All by Gmajor(m): 4:00pm On May 13, 2015
Mr fear monger hold your horse. Most of the things in this write up kinda true just blown out of proportion.
Re: What May Likely Kill Us All by ademega(m): 5:54pm On May 13, 2015
Gmajor:
Mr fear monger hold your horse. Most of the things in this write up kinda true just blown out of proportion.
See finishing....
You are the reason why some people Dont grow .
Always want to bring brilliant things down .
I have strong sprit ,I have written what I felt I should .
This is a problem .what is your solution ?
Re: What May Likely Kill Us All by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 8:01pm On May 13, 2015
Very true. This write-up is really informative. Truth be told, it is very difficult for one to avoid these foods. What i always advice anyone that cares to listen is this. Eat all these foods in moderation most especially those saturated-fat laden foods. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables. My family has bypassed this stage by cultivating our garden of fruits and vegetables without application of fertilizers. Please avoid all these fast-foods, those stuffs kill faster than tobacco smoke. Have you guys noticed the high increase of low libido and sexual weakness? The reason cannot be far-fetched.
Please do not forget to exercise.

(1) (Reply)

Weight-loss Even While You Sleep / Common Causes Of Menstrual Irregularities / Ovulation Test Kits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.