Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

The Cancer Eating Our Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Cancer Eating Our Country (511 Views)

How I Wish Most Of These Were Manufacturing Companies In Our Country / Nawa For This Our Country O! 41 Unlicensed Service Providers Have Been Discovere / CBN GOVERNOR: We Wrecked Our Country With Our Own Curious Choices. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cancer Eating Our Country by Dafone(m): 7:01pm On May 13, 2015
THE CANCER EATING OUR NATION
The next door neighbor whose child died of malaria because they couldn’t afford a mosquito treated net left a bitter taste in the neighborhood and the household grieved. Years after that event, you were promoted to the position of a heath Centre director. The money assigned for the purchase and distribution of net to the rural community was reduced to one-third, for your selfish interest and as such the distribution was not enough for the population targeted. Your pocket smiled and the next door neighbor’s child continues to die.
This is inhumanity, selfishness and no sense of satisfaction at its evil. Public positions in this country have been seen as a workshop (work-chop, the Nigerian man mentality). At the expense of the poor masses the public office holder’s continue to blossom. When the rich is indicted for corruption, they are freed on bail and when the poor is caught for stealing a penny, they are jailed and it’s been told as a success story by the press. Where is JUSTICE?
Justice? When the judiciary are in the cartel of money-thirsty Nigerians. An embezzlement of N10billion naira given a bail of N100 million, for me this is a business deal that deserves a good wine to use close the deal because there was a very huge turnover or profit. That’s the state we find ourselves in this country. They are celebrated every day in our churches, villages and organization. “Let me not be seen as a jealous person” and we all fold our hands and watch while the evil continues to eat up our beloved country.
Our traditional leaders have forgotten about the ethics of our land and give underserved and unmerited titles to callous men. “Ochiriozuo 1” when all he does is mobilize youth to loot and be touts for him. How does that justify his title?
In our churches where they are meant to be corrected and admonished, separate seats are reserved for them, was that what Christ taught us? And it will all be under the umbrella of “let’s give honour to who honour is due.” What an adulterated honour.
We fear for our lives today and forget that we are endangering the lives of our children yet unborn. “The sins and neglect of the fathers shall be upon their children” forgotten? What happened to “the labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain” most of our leaders don’t read meaning into that line of our national anthem.
What some do with a gun some others do worse with a pen, the former is seen as the devil while the later an angel. While the actions of the later have seen people indulge into illegal acts. An oil producing nation without a functional refinery and steady power is the highest form of mediocrity and irresponsibility that even the devil will frown at.
What are the two market neighbours discussing when there are no sales going on in their shops?? Bad roads, inadequate power supply high cost of living. Which are the basic things an average Nigerian need.
SMEs – is it really a dream come true or just an agenda of one administration that failed. What can a small scale business achieve without power?
To cure an epidemic, you need to make the fellow affected to believe that there is light at the end of the tunnel. But what are we meant to believe now? Every professional is abandoning or merging his or her job or career for politics (the ink-gold mine) cause whatever your pen was able to sign for you is how fat your account can be in dollars. YES! Dollars, because for them having their wealth in NAIRA is seen as an underachievement.
Even the undergraduates out there have seen politics as a lucrative business far better than working in the oil firms. Have it ever been heard that our governors and legislators are being owed? Ask the SUG president of our various institutions, they will tell you that the business is so lucrative that they will even love to emulate our leaders and introduce a second term in office. Isn’t that early to start practicing embezzlement? Yes you may say but the boy next to you will smile and say in his mind “that’s if u know when I stopped paying my school fees.” That’s a secondary school boy!
What is the need of stacking cash in tanks for your generation yet unborn at the detriment of the living masses who are in agony, to me that’s worse than genocide or better still at the same punishment level. What has happened to the word patriotism and honour? To the best of my knowledge those words have not been erased from the dictionary. A good name is better than wine of good taste.
Having houses in all the states in the federation and top countries of this world doesn’t make you a fulfilled man. Being in the longest convoy doesn’t guarantee your safety. Sleeping on the largest and coolest bed doesn’t guarantee a good night sleep and peace of mind but rather our faithful service to humanity.
How many of our leaders past and present can come out and say boldly that ‘I have been tried, weighed and found worthy?
We need re-orientation. The actions of our leaders have poisoned the mindset of some many people especially the youths. Re-orientation of our leaders is paramount now, so as not to make the mistakes of their predecessors. Make laws that favour all and abolish the ones that temper with the social security of the common man. They should learn to see themselves as servants of the republic and not seeing themselves as demi-gods. The masses are to be challenged on what is due for them, not living with the mentality that anything goes. No, you deserve better because it’s a government of the people, by the people and for the people. We all make up this country, so let us stop the attitude of let them do what they want God will judge. When you see evil and do not speak against it, you shall be condemned.
Whether elected as the people’s mandate or stolen mandate, appointed or nominated, serve with the purpose of moving this great black nation to another level better than where you met it. Ill acquired wealth will bring men and women to your doorstep force doors open for you and give you pleasure. But it will becloud your mind, imprison your soul and reserve eternal tormenting for you.
Don’t always blame your failure on someone or circumstances. You can influence and direct your life. Guide your soul and seek divine (true divine) direction to take charge of your life. Only we can save our nation. It’s in you and i.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
WRITTEN BY ROTR. NJIMA DARLINGTON.
Re: The Cancer Eating Our Country by simplymade(m): 7:02pm On May 13, 2015
Too long...I refuse to read

1 Like

Re: The Cancer Eating Our Country by Mogidi: 7:40pm On May 13, 2015
Nice one @OP but our biggest cancer is not testicular or ovarian cancer, our biggest cancer is Tinubu. Stop the Tinubu cancer that is eating Nigeria and everything else would fall in place.

1 Like

Re: The Cancer Eating Our Country by blueman21: 8:00pm On May 13, 2015
Well spoken. Nobody cares about the well being of his/her neighbor but self interest most paramount in every ones mind. Let me grab what I can. Until we begin to think of what we as individual can do to move the Nation forward for the betterment of everybody, nothing will work. The so call change we clamor for starts with you and I
Re: The Cancer Eating Our Country by opeaceo: 8:05pm On May 13, 2015
Mogidi:
Nice one @OP but our biggest cancer is not testicular or ovarian cancer, our biggest cancer is Tinubu. Stop the Tinubu cancer that is eating Nigeria and everything else would fall in place.
Does Tinubu in your statement above conote any other thing aside its original meaning?
If yes, let us know, if no, Why are you so obsessed with tinubu?

(1) (Reply)

2015 Transition Committee: Buhari’s Man, Ahmed Joda, Faults APC Claim / Stop Blaming Adamu Muazu For Goodluck Jonathan Woes By Ilesanmi / Boko Haram: 579 Officers, Soldiers On Trial In Abuja, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.