Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Countries Ranked On Maths And Science - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Countries Ranked On Maths And Science (2778 Views)

Countries Ranked By Average IQ / University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 13, 2015
1. Singapore
2. Hong Kong
3. South Korea
4. Japan (joint)
4. Taiwan (joint)
6. Finland
7. Estonia
8. Switzerland
9. Netherlands
10. Canada
11. Poland
12. Vietnam
13. Germany
14. Australia
15. Ireland
16. Belgium
17. New Zealand
18. Slovenia
19. Austria
20. United Kingdom
21. Czech Republic
22. Denmark
23. France
24. Latvia
25. Norway
26. Luxembourg
27. Spain
28. Italy (joint)
28. United States (joint)
30. Portugal
31. Lithuania
32. Hungary
33. Iceland
34. Russia
35. Sweden
36. Croatia
37. Slovak Republic
38. Ukraine
39. Israel
40. Greece
41. Turkey
42. Serbia
43. Bulgaria
44. Romania
45. UAE
46. Cyprus
47. Thailand
48. Chile
49. Kazakhstan
50. Armenia
51. Iran
52. Malaysia
53. Costa Rica
54. Mexico
55. Uruguay
56. Montenegro
57. Bahrain
58. Lebanon
59. Georgia
60. Brazil
61. Jordan
62. Argentina
63. Albania
64. Tunisia
65. Macedonia
66. Saudi Arabia
67. Colombia
68. Qatar
69. Indonesia
70. Botswana
71. Peru
72. Oman
73. Morocco
74. Honduras
75. South Africa
76. Ghana

http://m.bbc.com/news/business-32608772?ocid=socialflow_facebook

1 Like

Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by simplymade(m): 10:46pm On May 13, 2015
Ojoro...wey naija?
Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by jamex93(m): 10:47pm On May 13, 2015
naija

hmmmmmmmm
Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 13, 2015
naija should make the list
Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by Princecalm(m): 11:00pm On May 13, 2015
Depends on what was used as a yardstick for compiling that list. Though Nigeria should make top hundred.
Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by nnachukz(m): 11:27pm On May 13, 2015
How did Ghana, Morocco and South Africa got on that list ahead of Nigeria?
Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by Nobody: 12:02am On May 14, 2015
Na who make that list? where 9ja dey for d list? Tunisia...SA...Ghana dey dat list and I no see 9ja, wetin be d yardstick I no gree joo
Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by JiggamanGh: 12:14am On May 14, 2015
Yay Ghana but we should be higher on that list.

2 Likes

Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by kennynelcon(m): 3:27am On May 14, 2015
Cool...I'll rank my own soon.

No source
Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by Nobody: 6:38am On May 14, 2015
No CHINA on dat list shocked
Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by Obrafour(m): 10:02am On May 14, 2015
JiggamanGh:
Yay Ghana but we should be higher on that list.
In a weird way we are, out of the seventy five countries polled, Ghana was fifth among the five African countries worthy enough to be on the list. let others like @lezz jubilate about being the most populous African country with nothing to show for it. grin

1 Like

Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by lezz(m): 5:47pm On May 14, 2015
Obrafour:
In a weird way we are, out of the seventy five countries polled, Ghana was fifth among the five African countries worthy enough to be on the list. let others like @lezz jubilate about being the most populous African country with nothing to show for it. grin
my guy, population is the first source of national greatness. let no sentiment deceive you. when you talk of standing military size, economic power and trade and then human capital and human resources, you are talking population power. and with the new era of globalization, bigger countries will be growing more in influence. ghana is 30 something million and no country that size can be a hegemony or leader. let's have a quick run down of world leaders by size economy and power.

USA----- +300 million biggest population & economy in America

GERMANY-----80 Something million biggest population and economy in EU and Europe

Brazil-----100+ million biggest population and economy in south america.

China ---- A Billion plus biggest population and economy in Asia . a constant source of worry for the West.

Nigeria---- 180+ million biggest population and economy in africa .
India
Indonesia
Japan
Turkey
Russia
Pakistan all follow. little countries will always score high in HDI and all of those nonsense indices that never transcends to power, military might, influence or economic influence.

a tiny country like Finland, Norway, Sweden have a higher score in HDI, and other life expectancy than the US, Great Britain, Germany, France and italy. but who runs the global economy or military command?

all the sleeping giants have awaken eg india, nigeria, brasil, indonesia, pakistan etc.

1 Like

Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by SambisaaForest: 6:10pm On May 14, 2015
What is this one saying? NO wonder your country is fvcked grin I will proudly identify with a 'tiny' country whose citizens have a better life than a big-for-nothing country whose citizens can only suffer n smile grin
lezz:
my guy, population is the first source of national greatness. let no sentiment deceive you. when you talk of standing military size, economic power and trade and then human capital and human resources, you are talking population power. and with the new era of globalization, bigger countries will be growing more in influence. ghana is 30 something million and no country that size can be a hegemony or leader. let's have a quick run down of world leaders by size economy and power.

GERMANY-----80 Something million biggest population and economy in EU and Europe

China ---- A Billion plus biggest population and economy in Asia . a constant source of worry for the West.

India
Indonesia
Japan
Turkey
Russia
Pakistan all follow. little countries will always score high in HDI and all of those nonsense indices that never transcends to power, military might, influence or economic influence.

a tiny country like Finland, Norway, Sweden have a higher score in HDI, and other life expectancy than the US, Great Britain, Germany, France and italy. but who runs the global economy or military command?

all the sleeping giants have awaken eg india, nigeria, brasil, indonesia, pakistan etc.

Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by lezz(m): 6:19pm On May 14, 2015
SambisaaForest:
What is this one saying? NO wonder your country is fvcked grin I will proudly identify with a 'tiny' country whose citizens have a better life than a big-for-nothing country whose citizens can only suffer n smile grin
Ghana with a $30 billion dollar economy and an IMF dependant is insignificant and isn't on the maps.

i will rather be proud of a country that has produce Soyinka and Achebe. produced the only african in NASA and the most educated people in America than to be part of a country who ranks high on the global maths lists and have nothing to show for it ; not economy, not scholars not technology.

1 Like

Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by SambisaaForest: 6:32pm On May 14, 2015
Hahaha fuckeduppedness grin your suffering n smiling fellow nigerians are desperate for Ghanaian passports grin only yesterday, the Ghana police arrested 9 of your fellow nigerians in Accra who were trying to get Ghanaian passports! Nigerian passport na sh1t paper grin grin angry

lezz:
Ghana with a $30 billion dollar economy and an IMF dependant is insignificant and isn't on the maps.

i will rather be proud of a country that has produce Soyinka and Achebe. produced the only african in NASA and the most educated people in America than to be part of a country who ranks high on the global maths lists and have nothing to show for it ; not economy, not scholars not technology.

Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by lezz(m): 6:46pm On May 14, 2015
SambisaaForest:
Hahaha fuckeduppedness grin your suffering n smiling fellow nigerians are desperate for Ghanaian passports grin only yesterday, the Ghana police arrested 9 of your fellow nigerians in Accra who were trying to get Ghanaian passports! Nigerian passport na sh1t paper grin grin angry

hohohohoho, what childish nonsense !!!! cheap diversionary techniques . tell that to the Nigerians running ghana's central market, real estates, macro and whole trading, import and export and service delivery.

1 Like

Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by adamskutty(m): 6:55pm On May 14, 2015
Didido grin grin grin
Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by SambisaaForest: 6:57pm On May 14, 2015
Haha haha fuckeduppedness grin seems generator fumes have messed up your fragile brain,huh? nigerians running Ghana's market, estates,trading? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin the most nonsensical,fuelish and ridiculous thing I have ever heard from from a confirmed MUMU grin grin grin
[qqqquote author=lezz post=33739844] hohohohoho, what childish nonsense !!!! cheap diversionary techniques . tell that to the Nigerians running ghana's central market, real estates, macro and whole trading, import and export and service delivery.[/quote]
Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by JiggamanGh: 7:09pm On May 14, 2015
lezz:

Waiting for your reply in the other topic
Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by Obrafour(m): 9:26pm On May 14, 2015
lezz:

India
Indonesia
Japan
Turkey
Russia

This was the same rubbish the Arab countries used to say until tiny Israel beat them blue black. You boast of population yet polio still exists in Nigeria, so you don't know that your compatriots are emigrating to Ghana en masse? I am convinced the large number of your compatriots in Ghana have added to the pressure on our electricity since we did not budget for you guys.
Sleeping giants like Niger and Cameroon invaded Nigeria grin and changed the military balance in favour of your over bloated cowards.
Generator Republic …

3 Likes

Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by SambisaaForest: 12:20am On May 15, 2015
Chai, see finishing grin omo naija generator republic grin quantity or quality? grin omo naija don full ground for Ghana no be small ooh

Obrafour:

This was the same rubbish the Arab countries used to say until tiny Israel beat them blue black. You boast of population yet polio still exists in Nigeria, so you don't know that your compatriots are emigrating to Ghana en masse? I am convinced the large number of your compatriots in Ghana have added to the pressure on our electricity since we did not budget for you guys.
Sleeping giants like Niger and Cameroon invaded Nigeria grin and changed the military balance in favour of your over bloated cowards.
Generator Republic …
Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by lezz(m): 12:17pm On May 17, 2015
Obrafour:

Generator Republic …
JOOOSSSHHH!!!
your ignorance is in a league of its own!!! i am currently struggling with the impulse of whether to educate you or to bash you, lol. let me settle for both. but i shall EDUCATE YOU FIRST on international relations and military strength.

1) Israel owes its survival amidst her Arab neighbours first to america and passively to great Britain. the most sophisticated of Israel's military hardware comes from america. that was why when the US refused selling Nigeria arms, Nigeria turned to Israel who still couldn't help because she had a clause in her military contract not to sell any US arms to any country without US approval.

two days ago, US president Obama held a 6 Arab nation close door meeting at Camp David. and the request of the Arab leaders to america was that they want the EXACT military hardware equipment america provides Israel to tackle the insurgence in Yemen and Syria. of course America refused and offered something close.

2) POLIO. polio cases can only found in 3 countries presently: Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Nigeria. Nigeria has since wiped out polio and as i speak, only 3 cases has been reported as it stands today in the north due to the terrorist insurgency there. just 3 cases.

3) MIGRATION --- a dude like me will know all about Nigerians in ghana. i believe these are the Nigerians that has taken over your central markets, your government got scared and increased their taxes and mandated they employ at least some a ghanaian. and the Nigerians that followed GTB,ZENITH, ECO and GLO as skilled staff into ghana.

and the Nigerians running your real estate sector and
macro trading. need i include imports and exports and retailing ?

and the Nigerians schooling in ghana's mushroom universities because ghana has no entrance qualification exam into universities and Nigerians here will battle JAMB after WAEC and still do post UME entrance examinations. these categories of Nigerians didn't build their own building they stay in existing structures so the failure is on your government who cant produce electricity for a population the equivalent of Lagos.

4) BOKO HARAM----dullard ,21st terrorist insurgency is a multi national effort as is the case of Syria and Yemen where more than 6 countries including the US are combining efforts to get ride of.

The Nigerian military liberated 46 villages in 2 weeks while Chad liberated 3 in the entire duration.
The Sambisa forest which is the dreaded headquarters of the insurgency was invaded and subdued by the NAF alone.

again the Chadians were not helping Nigeria, they were in all truth fighting for their own survival and economic stability; boko haram often flee into these neighbouring countries each time the NAF engages them and set up splinter cells right inside these countries. the kidnap of the deputy prime ministers wife in Cameroon comes to mind here and the slaughter of hundreds of civilians in chad.

also the north eastern border of Nigeria is an economic haven for chad which rely on it for trade and imports from Nigeria. This is the region boko haram blocked. so chad was undergoing economic strangulation. if you must troll come with a little fact not acute ignorance.

The Nigerian military successfully led military campaigns in Sierra Leone, Liberia, Cote D'vore, Mali, Bosnia, Sao Tome and Principe etc. in Liberia alone, the Nigerian government spent over $10 billion dollars. That's a hallmark for sacrifice, bravery and leadership not cowardice.

And now the fun path----TROLLING.

1) How do you explain the fact that GHANA has not one BILLIONAIRE in that country.

2) Ghana is the economic equivalent of Lagos with a disgraceful $30billion economic GDP

3) Ghana's yearly national budget is dependent on IMF donations making Ghana a begging nation officially.
your freedom even at the most domestic level is in the hands of IMF

4) Ghana do not have any academic intellectual in the ranks of Achebe or Soyinka.

5) Despite being Ebola free , ghana's only contribution to Ebola countries was locally grown rice. Lagos dealt with Ebola sent in trained medical personnel and logistics to all of Ebola west africa.

please it is LAGOS VS GHANA if you have any sense of hierarchy. stupid citizen of a map- less country.

you just got schooled!!!

4 Likes

Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 17, 2015
nnachukz:
How did Ghana, Morocco and South Africa got on that list ahead of Nigeria?
No need to ask because Ghana mathematics in WASSCE is more advanced than Nigerian own.
Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by iamord(m): 12:38pm On May 17, 2015
Lezz I must say I like the way you go up to length to put up words and defend nigeria.
But I must say at times you talk like a kid. Because u don't see people tackle your gibberish and sometimes off point post, does not mean u are smart or speak with rightful facts. I want you to clear me on how Nigeria rules Ghana real Estate industry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by lezz(m): 1:34pm On May 17, 2015
iamord:
Lezz I must say I like the way you go up to length to put up words and defend nigeria.
But I must say at times you talk like a kid. Because u don't see people tackle your gibberish and sometimes off point post, does not mean u are smart or speak with rightful facts. I want you to clear me on how Nigeria rules Ghana real Estate industry
TACKLE THIS : Having soaked the real estate business in
Nigeria market, investors have demonstrated
burning investment appetite with their
dominance of Ghanaian real estate market
where they account for over 50 percent of
the total transactions in the country’s
bourgeoning middle and high end markets.
According to Robert Davis, the Marketing
Manager of Movenpick Ambassador Hotels,
developers of Ambassador Heights Luxury
Apartments, Nigerians are the prime movers
of premium real estate transactions in Accra,
the country’s capital.
Davis hinted that demand for the 18-unit
Ambassador Heights has been quite
encouraging with Nigerians securing 50
percent of buyer-interest in the 21st century
development located in Ghana’s most
coveted location, placing them ahead of
local investors who share the remaining 50
percent with foreign clients.
He said that with the encouraging demand
from Nigeria, the country was their next
destination, affirming that Nigeria property
market has great growth potential and huge
opportunities for investment.
Though, Nigerians are more visible in the
residential segment of the market, they are
at the same time no push-overs in the
commercial segment where the development
and ownership of some quality high-rise
office buildings in the heart of Accra.

sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=81982

1 Like

Re: Countries Ranked On Maths And Science by iamrockyofficial(m): 7:56pm On May 17, 2015
lezz:
TACKLE THIS : Having soaked the real estate business in
Nigeria market, investors have demonstrated
burning investment appetite with their
dominance of Ghanaian real estate market
where they account for over 50 percent of
the total transactions in the country’s
bourgeoning middle and high end markets.
According to Robert Davis, the Marketing
Manager of Movenpick Ambassador Hotels,
developers of Ambassador Heights Luxury
Apartments, Nigerians are the prime movers
of premium real estate transactions in Accra,
the country’s capital.
Davis hinted that demand for the 18-unit
Ambassador Heights has been quite
encouraging with Nigerians securing 50
percent of buyer-interest in the 21st century
development located in Ghana’s most
coveted location, placing them ahead of
local investors who share the remaining 50
percent with foreign clients.
He said that with the encouraging demand
from Nigeria, the country was their next
destination, affirming that Nigeria property
market has great growth potential and huge
opportunities for investment.
Though, Nigerians are more visible in the
residential segment of the market, they are
at the same time no push-overs in the
commercial segment where the development
and ownership of some quality high-rise
office buildings in the heart of Accra.

sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=81982
I wonder y I got banned cos I replied your post. Will figure it out an re post

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta University (NDU) Shut Down due to students riot / Student Goes Naked In Class Over Discrimination / See Countries With The Highest Nobel Prize Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.