Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari (1316 Views)

Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / Suggest A Portfolio For Babatunde Fashola As A Minister... / How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by unikazzy(m): 12:44am On May 14, 2015
ASABA—Nsukka indigenes, under the auspices of Asaba, Delta State, chapter of Nsukka Platform, yesterday demanded the appointment of Enugu North senatorial indigene as a minister in the government of President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari.

The group in a statement by its chairman and secretary, Dr. Pius Ike and Dr. Leo Abonyi respectively, said: “The Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria provides that every state in the Federation is entitled to a ministerial slot in reflection of the federal character principle.

“This being the case, it then becomes imperative that Buhari should endeavour to uphold this constitutional provision in choosing ministers from every state, while insisting on credibility and competence.

In order words, it is expected that the APC government should ensure that every part of a given state in the federation, including Enugu, is given a sense of belonging in ministerial appointments.

“It is expected and only proper, that the president-elect takes cognizance of the fact that in Enugu State, only two of the three senatorial districts in the state have been producing ministers since 1999 when the country returned to democratic rule.

“In fact, it is on record that the Enugu North Senatorial District (Nsukka Cultural Zone) produced its last minister in 1979 during the Second Republic, in the person of Chief D.C. Ugwu, the then Minister of Health. Since the country returned to civilian rule in 1999, the Nsukka people that constitute over 50 per cent of electorate of Enugu State, have not produced a single minister.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/give-us-minister-nsukka-people-tell-buhari/
Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by OKKO(m): 1:36am On May 14, 2015
My beloved ADADA people. You shall get all that is your fair share. Yes oo but who do we have in mind for that slot? Also warming up to have our new state. The sixth in SE!
Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by disloman(m): 1:50am On May 14, 2015
My own b say mi prefer competency to all these tribe stuffs.We need competent hands to make this country moves forward.

1 Like

Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by SkyBlue1: 1:59am On May 14, 2015
Would be disappointed if Buhari takes these silly demands seriously. Who the heck are these people that feel they have a right to demand this and that position in government, is Buhari father christmas? This is not about handing out gifts to appease anybody or any group's childish sense of entitlement, this is about governance and getting the job done. What is wrong with all these silly people and groups? It is getting quite sickening seeing these "demands" for position everyday to be honest. Demand my left yansh. The whole world should stop because they have "demanded". Tone it down please, in a country as diverse and populous as Nigeria, no one should act like they are the only ones in country, Buhari will pick the ministers he wants to pick taking into consideration any law there might be.

8 Likes

Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by Nobody: 2:19am On May 14, 2015
Give us a miniser....and what will he do for you? As if your town will transform overnight because you have a minister....

Smh for my people. Instead of asking for infrastrucuture and good governance, its minister you want....

If he gives you a minister, then the president will have a good reason to overlook your community. Shortsightedness....

3 Likes

Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by Nobody: 3:17am On May 14, 2015
Give u a minister , when the governor- elect is from ur side...i term this 'GREEDYNESS!' undecided

1 Like

Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by Eshinwaju: 3:44am On May 14, 2015
iboes again..... grin...I have not seen yorubas or hausas or berom or tivs or kanuris or nupes or igbiras ....make any of these demands...even though all these people voted for him....only iboes as usual ....what is wrong with this people.... grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by M4gunners: 3:54am On May 14, 2015
Eshinwaju:
iboes again..... grin...I have not seen yorubas or hausas or berom or tivs or kanuris or nupes or igbiras ....make any of these demands...even though all these people voted for him....only iboes as usual ....what is wrong with this people.... grin
Of course you will not see it because tribalism has eaten you up.When the Yorubas are crying because Jonathan choose an Hausa man to be NPA boss you didn't complain . Keep deceiving yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by Eshinwaju: 3:59am On May 14, 2015
M4gunners:
Of course you will not see it because tribalism has eaten you up.When the Yorubas are crying because buhari choose an Hausa man to be NPA boss you didn't complain . Keep deceiving yourself.

fo0l...buhari did not do tht...he is the president elect and has not appointed anybody yet.... grin...janagoat was d one who appointed him.....seriously NL is too full of illiterates from d sewage... cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by M4gunners: 5:21am On May 14, 2015
Eshinwaju:

fo0l...buhari did not do tht...he is the president elect and has not appointed anybody yet.... grin...janagoat was d one who appointed him.....seriously NL is too full of illeterates from d sewage... cheesy
See mumu trying to run out from the truth. At this point,it doesn't matter who appointed him. What matters now is did your people cry or not? Shameless tribal fo0l like u.

1 Like

Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by Nobody: 5:39am On May 14, 2015
M4gunners:
Of course you will not see it because tribalism has eaten you up.When the Yorubas are crying because buhari choose an Hausa man to be NPA boss you didn't complain . Keep deceiving yourself.
it was jonathan who chose the NPA boss. As at today Buhari has no power to appoint anyone into no position

3 Likes

Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by M4gunners: 6:03am On May 14, 2015
kropotkin2:
it was jonathan who chose the NPA boss. As at today Buhari has no power to appoint anyone into no position
Yeah thanks
Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by Pangea: 6:13am On May 14, 2015
My people of Nsukka!
Who did you vote for in the last election?

Stop disturbing the peace of the nation and especially our president elect!
Go and present your demand to the person you voted massively for, who will be relocating to Otuoke, a stone throw from your state in the next few days!

3 Likes

Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by asha80(m): 7:00am On May 14, 2015
Pangea:
My people of anambra!
Who did you vote for in the last election?

Stop disturbing the peace of the nation and especially our president elect!
Go and present your demand to the person you voted massively for, who will be relocating to Otuoke, a stone throw from your state in the next few days!
ignorance..nothing concerns anambra and nsukka
Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by Pangea: 7:02am On May 14, 2015
asha80:
ignorance..nothing concerns anambra and nsukka

Corrected
But the question remains!

1 Like

Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by Etumgbe(m): 7:04am On May 14, 2015
Nsukka deje nu
Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by omenka(m): 7:09am On May 14, 2015
For me, whether the person is from Tibet, I don't bloody care. All I wanna see is competent hands who can surely get the job done, simple.

1 Like

Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by oluks05: 7:23am On May 14, 2015
omenka:
For me, whether the person is from Tibet, I don't bloody care. All I wanna see is competent hands who can surely get the job done, simple.

Seconded sir!

NB: but that "Tibet" uhmmmmm lol

1 Like

Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by Demmzy15(m): 7:27am On May 14, 2015
Yeeboes, why are you making so much demands when infact you didn't vote for Buhari?!

Fulanis, hausas, Berom, Tiv, Ebira, etc haven't made a single demand and yet you guys just keep threatening the existence of this country Nigeria. I know most of you still have grudge against Buhari because he was a soldier who fought in the civil war, but you can't succeed. You guys actually think you can ride him abi?! Just wait and see how things begin to unfold, right now just take a chill pill and watch Jona handover on 29th!

GMB my hero, FAYEMI my role model and Rochas our next Presido! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by Nobody: 8:41am On May 14, 2015
The only vacant ministerial position is the honorable minister for trekking affairs.... so your candidate can start trekking now.
Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by k4kings(m): 9:32am On May 14, 2015
Eshinwaju:

fo0l...buhari did not do tht...he is the president elect and has not appointed anybody yet.... grin...janagoat was d one who appointed him.....seriously NL is too full of illeterates from d sewage... cheesy
see illiterate calling someone illeterate smh
Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by Idokosolomon(m): 9:42am On May 14, 2015
I appreciate the poster, it is not silly statement but there is fact. God will help us the great NSK because they have cheated us much in Enugu state.
Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by AmucheJane(f): 10:47am On May 14, 2015
Eshinwaju:

fo0l...buhari did not do tht...he is the president elect and has not appointed anybody yet.... grin...janagoat was d one who appointed him.....seriously NL is too full of illiterates from d sewage... cheesy
And how sure are you Nsukka people demanded anything? You will die of hatred fool.
Re: Give Us A Minister, Nsukka People Tell Buhari by Eshinwaju: 10:53am On May 14, 2015
AmucheJane:
And how sure are you Nsukka people demanded anything? You will die of hatred fool.

Muumuu......did i create the tread

(1) (Reply)

Btw Jonathan & Amaechi, Who Betrayed The Niger Delta Most? / Hillarious Picture Of Oshiomole Andnew Wife In Miami / 15 Interesting Facts That Prove Buhari’s Inauguration Is Really A Historic Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.