Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error (3763 Views)

Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid / 07 Camry Gear 13 Pin / '06 Toyota Camry Gear Box Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by Nobody: 7:52am On May 14, 2015
Gm gurus in d haus,my camry 1997 V6 has got this solenoid E error and now it disengages from drive sumtimes wen am moving at a low speed...dunno wat to do about dis?plus d car jerks when I engage the reverse,it doesn't jerk though if the car has been parked 4 a long while... I wanna know hw much it would take to replace d gear or if anyone can work on the gear for me...am in edo state atm...thanks
Re: My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:16pm On May 14, 2015
oluseyioba:
Gm gurus in d haus,my camry 1997 V6 has got this solenoid E error and now it disengages from drive sumtimes wen am moving at a low speed...dunno wat to do about dis?plus d car jerks when I engage the reverse,it doesn't jerk though if the car has been parked 4 a long while... I wanna know hw much it would take to replace d gear or if anyone can work on the gear for me...am in edo state atm...thanks

Check the gearbox, if its 2pin or 3pin or 5pin.

Ill supply 5pin at 55k, 3pin a 75k.

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 14, 2015
I will tell a mechanic to help check cos I don't knw d diff
GAZZUZZ:

Re: My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by Kashif(m): 8:39pm On May 17, 2015
oluseyioba:

As in electrical error?
Re: My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 17, 2015
Yessir,i scanned it n it gave d solenoid E error
Kashif:

As in electrical error?
Re: My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 17, 2015
oluseyioba:
Gm gurus in d haus,my camry 1997 V6 has got this solenoid E error...
What error code? P0770 or P0773?
Re: My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 17, 2015
P0770
Costee:

What error code? P0770 or P0773?
Re: My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 17, 2015
oluseyioba:
P0770
It's a malfunction of the Shift Solenoid Valve SL in the valve body. Unlike P0773, it's not an electrical issue. Goggle it and the code. There's a whole lot of information on it. Installing a new solenoid should solve the problem. How clear/clean is your ATF?
Re: My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by Kashif(m): 11:17pm On May 17, 2015
Costee:

It's a malfunction of the Shift Solenoid Valve SL in the valve body. Unlike P0773, it's not an electrical issue. Goggle it and the code. There's a whole lot of information on it. Installing a new solenoid should solve the problem. How clear/clean is your ATF?

This is a performance error, so replacing solenoid will not solve it. The solenoid is good, but something is either preventing it from working, or preventing its orders to be effective. Its between the solenoid and the box itself.

OP, What is your atf level? Given the cost of a used unit, you may have to go for it.
Re: My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 17, 2015
Kashif:

This is a performance error, so replacing solenoid will not solve it. The solenoid is good, but something is either preventing it from working, or preventing its orders to be effective. Its between the solenoid and the box itself.

OP, What is your atf level? Given the cost of a used unit, you may have to go for it.
I get your drift. A TSB gives three possible causes: (1) Shift solenoid valve SL is stuck open or closed; (2) valve body is blocked up or stuck; (3)lock-up clutch. So as you say there is a clog in the wheel somewhere considering nos 2 &3. If wishes were horses though, I'll still begin from no.1. Op over to you. A new (used) box or...
Re: My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by Nobody: 7:28am On May 18, 2015
D ATF is clean,changed it last yr,do u hv an idea whre n hw much I can get d solenoid,tanks boss
Costee:

Re: My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by Nobody: 7:30am On May 18, 2015
My ATF level is normal,i serviced d box last year
Kashif:

Re: My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:19am On May 18, 2015
oluseyioba:
D ATF is clean,changed it last yr,do u hv an idea whre n hw much I can get d solenoid,tanks boss

Solenoids cost between 3-5k
Re: My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by Nobody: 8:34am On May 18, 2015
Tanx boss,looking at ur addy nw,i stay close to ur side...just dat am nt in lag atm...will holler at u sha
GAZZUZZ:

Solenoids cost between 3-5k
Re: My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by Kashif(m): 9:16am On May 18, 2015
oluseyioba:

DO NOT CHANGE THE SOLENOID. It'll be a waste of money/effort. If your solenoid is really stuck, is can be easily freed. Let me explain to you. If you have a solenoid electrical error, it is between your computer and the solenoid - bad solenoid, or bad computer to solenoid connection or the computer. If you have a solenoid performance error, it is between your solenoid and the gearbox - stuck solenoid, stuck valve, worn bore or bad clutch/brake.

In this case, your mechanic needs to first check if your solenoid is mechanically free. Then he should look at the valve body. Depending on his competence and tools, this could be fixed.

The mistake mechanics make is to go replacing solenoids as soon as the scanner writes 'solenoid' in the error.

3 Likes

Re: My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by Nobody: 9:24am On May 18, 2015
Aii bro,tanx...will do as u advised
Kashif:

DO NOT CHANGE THE SOLENOID. It'll be a waste of money/effort. If your solenoid is really stuck, is can be easily freed. Let me explain to you. If you have a solenoid electrical error, it is between your computer and the solenoid - bad solenoid, or bad computer to solenoid connection or the computer. If you have a solenoid performance error, it is between your solenoid and the gearbox - stuck solenoid, stuck valve, worn bore or bad clutch/brake.

In this case, your mechanic needs to first check if your solenoid is mechanically free. Then he should look at the valve body. Depending on his competence and tools, this could be fixed.

The mistake mechanics make is to go replacing solenoids as soon as the scanner writes 'solenoid' in the error.
Re: My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 18, 2015
@Kashif, just a quick question: Is it not possible for the solenoid to go bad (get stuck) electronically? Must it be blocked to get stuck?
Re: My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by Kashif(m): 3:57pm On May 18, 2015
Costee:
@Kashif, just a quick question: Is it not possible for the solenoid to go bad (get stuck) electronically? Must it be blocked to get stuck?

Not with performance (Ratio) code. If it is an electrical error code like P0758, P0753, etc, then the solenoid has an electrical problem. Even this code does not mean the solenoid is bad necessarily. The ECU has an inbuilt ammeter that constantly monitors the solenoids. If the ECU's monitoring system is bad, or there is a short or open in the transmission harness, this code will be set. It means the electrical feedback from the solenoid is out of range. With solenoid electrical codes, you should not go to the transmission.

With both codes, test the solenoid first. Electrical - check for resistance across the terminals, and check for clicks. Performance - check for movement and leakage. When you hear 'solenoid stuck', it is mechanical.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 18, 2015
Kashif:
With both codes, test the solenoid first. Electrical - check for resistance across the terminals, and check for clicks. Performance - check for movement and leakage. When you hear 'solenoid stuck', it is mechanical.
This clinches it. Thanks.
Re: My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
It's a 5pin gearbox...plus I found out the oil seal is leaking
GAZZUZZ:

Re: My Toyota Camry Gear Has Solenoid E Error by Ndusco4ps: 8:57am On Feb 06, 2020
Please do u have any competent mechanic in Lagos who can handle this solenoid E issue. Having similer issue but some Roadside Kazeem said its engine seat problem. But I do not totally agree with them cus this issue of jekking when ingaged does not happen in the morning. It's only happens when the car has been in used for long. Urgent please. Thank.

(1) (Reply)

DIY: Replacing Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1 On A V6 1998 Camry / Please Advice Me On The Car To Get With 1.5 Million / Toyota Corolla 2010 Fuel Consumption Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.