Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts (30155 Views)

Man Builds An Aeroplane Model In Anambra State Using Scrap Materials. Photos / Mubarak Abdullahi Builds Helicopters In His House / Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by JohnVianney: 10:35am On May 14, 2015
AWKA — THE old spare parts market at Nkpor, near the commercial city of Onitsha, has virtually turned into a Mecca of sort following the completion of a dredging machine which cost about N10 million by a motor mechanic in the area, Mr. David Ezenwa. The equipment, which took five months to complete has been transported to Aguleri water-front in Anambra East local government area where it is expected to be put to use soon, Ezenwa’s workshop at No 5 Awgbu street, Nkpor was the cynosure of all eyes as people gathered to admire the equipment because of its size and sophistication.

Materials that formed the major components of the equipment include a 12mm metallic pan, 10 inch sand sorting pump, 10 cylinders Mercedes Benz engine, self loader sand sucking pump, blaster pump which helps to soften the sand, a sand cutter, another four cylinders 608 Mercedez Benz engine for the pump, a dashboard for electrical indication and pipes that carry the sand from the water to its place of deposit.

On completion, the equipment is almost the size of a small bridge. Ezenwa, who is from Abatete in Idemili Local Government Area of Anambra State, said his interest in fabrication started when he was young which was why he became a motor mechanic after leaving school.

He said: “I have a friend who is an engineer and is into machine fabrication and he advised me to go into equipment construction because he discovered that I am talented in the area.

On my own, I started assembling the materials after designing it. I developed interest in the dredging machine after seeing one in operation and determined that I would build it. “Despite the high cost, I picked up courage and started it in December, 2014 and completed it in May, 2015. The machine has been tested and proved to be in perfect working condition and arrangement has been completed for it to be mounted on the bank of Omambala River in Aguleri where it will be used for sand dredging.”

The dredging machine, Ezenwa said, has a pumping capacity of 300 trips of sand per day and has a discharging capacity of over 800 meters from the river bank where trucks can load the sands to various destinations. Though Ezenwa said he did not borrow money to complete the equipment, he explained that he could mass produce it if he was able to get financial assistance from government or financial institutions.

According to him, financing the project was very difficult, adding that although some people had made inquiries about the cost for me to build the machine for them, they were discouraged by the enormous cost. “All these while, many people who came to this workshop were wondering what I was doing, but I am happy that despite the initial hiccups, we have been able to complete it to the glory of God,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/anambra-based-mechanic-fabricates-n10m-dredging-equipment/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by Basildvalour(m): 10:39am On May 14, 2015
...And who says Nigerians aren't one of the most creative people on earth

Soon, the country will allow this man be exported abroad and help improve the economy of others without us recognising his worth and invention.

God Bless Nigeria

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by blesseenE: 10:45am On May 14, 2015
Nice one. This is what we need in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by Osirimononaye(m): 10:47am On May 14, 2015
I hail Naija!!!!, One of the most talented in the world.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by dhardline(m): 10:54am On May 14, 2015
Wow...this is awesome.there is something about igbos though cool

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by Bilabong(m): 11:25am On May 14, 2015
Gunshot for the man wer Sabi. Op one pihsure is not enough.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by Nobody: 11:40am On May 14, 2015
plz like my new TV 4 no reason

by doing so ur encouraging me to produce more

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by Nobody: 11:41am On May 14, 2015
Osirimononaye:
I hail Naija!!!!, One of the most talented in the world.

Thank GEJ first

and ur days will be long

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by omanifrank(m): 11:41am On May 14, 2015
lol
Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by agarawu23(m): 11:42am On May 14, 2015
I trust my country people grin

wetin oyinbo use get sense pass us? NOTHINGundecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by simplemach(m): 11:42am On May 14, 2015
Thank God I'm a Biafran, Oooooh! Biafra the CHINA of the entire Africa. Can't wait to carry your national ID card, chant your Anthem and shower my plegde to you.
Land of the rising sun.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by oluwamile(m): 11:42am On May 14, 2015
hmmm,it is well...I hope dre will b d one for 30bn dollars
Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by deejayALFY(m): 11:42am On May 14, 2015
naija goin places...click like if u are a proudly naija., click share if u are proudly igbo.#IgboGuy

21 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by TheFilmmaker: 11:42am On May 14, 2015
[size=15pt]Amelika will pay better.

We don't appreciate good things in Nigeria.

I am sure there would've been friends that kept pulling him down thinking he's crazy when he was collecting scraps and all.

That is what we love to do in Nigeria. Bring people down, spite them, and praise our treasury looters! grin grin grin grin

Don't be fooled by all those hypocritical patriotism here. They all have their families abroad!

Run, go Amelika. RUN!!![/size]

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/91/Warning_run_away.svg[/img]

[size=15pt]One Pound - Brymo[/size]

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by joystickextendr: 11:42am On May 14, 2015
good

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by criminalmindz: 11:43am On May 14, 2015
BUHARI WILL ASK NIS NOT TO APPROVE IT CUS HE IS IGBO grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by onosprince(m): 11:43am On May 14, 2015
Good news
Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by Spaxon(f): 11:43am On May 14, 2015
THIS IS REALLY AWESOME.. ..
NIGERIA REALLY HEADING SOMEWHERE
Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by laurel03(m): 11:44am On May 14, 2015
Nigerians get brain but bad leadership have affected a lot of things in our society...

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by kepal99(m): 11:44am On May 14, 2015
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by Osirimononaye(m): 11:44am On May 14, 2015
Taylor86:

Thank GEJ first
yeah, GEJ the real man.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by Built2last: 11:44am On May 14, 2015
A young lad approached me a week ago while i was eating at a restaurant at Garki 2 Abuja and flipped open a catalogue of his products and i was amazed at the ingenuity of the Igbos. This country has raw untapped talents.

He manufactured an industrial yam pounding machine that gets over 20tubers of yam pounded in two minutes when cooked.

He detailed his processes in that catalogue and i asked him what he wanted from me.

He said he wanted link to NOTAP to be able to showcase his products so that the world can see what he is capable of.

i have made calls to arrange how we can see the NOTAP DG but was told he is out of the country.

I saw myself buying him a good lunch, gave him some cash to encourage him.

I was much humbled when he told me he finished from one polytechnic in Abia state.

I look myself with 3 degrees and couldnt place it.

i wonder the discrimination against polytechnic students and where we are headed as a country with that policy.

only technical education will build entrepreneurship not the B.sc and M.sc we flash arround with no technical skill

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by omenka(m): 11:44am On May 14, 2015
Basildvalour:
...And who says Nigerians aren't one of the most creative people on earth

Soon, the country will allow this man be exported abroad and help improve the economy of others without us recognising his worth and invention.

God Bless Nigeria
First, I follow you in celebrating the guy. He is indeed worthy of commendation. But to think he'd be sought after overseas is taking it a bit too far buddie. These stuffs are readily available out there so I don't think that is likely.

God bless Nigeria, and no place else (as the Americans would say ). cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by Franzeez(m): 11:45am On May 14, 2015
This is a Nigerian not an Igbo man. The Yoruba's are looking for the downfall of the Igbo's and you say 1 Nigeria. Yoruba's won't be happy with this news. They r happy if Igbo's are in crime issues just to score cheap points

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by DahtzFestjayz: 11:45am On May 14, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by Nobody: 11:46am On May 14, 2015
Salute to the igbos

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by omenka(m): 11:46am On May 14, 2015
Franzeez:
This is a Nigerian not an Igbo man. The Yoruba's are looking for the downfall of the Igbo's and you say 1 Nigeria. Yoruba's won't be happy with this news. They r happy if Igbo's are in crime issues just to score cheap points
Here we go again!! Don't you guys ever get tired of this Yoruba Igbo nonsense

Na wa oo.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by Capricon3(m): 11:47am On May 14, 2015
I can't see any massive machine..jst a metal like Generator..full pics pls for confirmation
Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by AnneMomoh: 11:47am On May 14, 2015
Intelligence at Work

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by Qmab: 11:47am On May 14, 2015
Made in Nigeria dredging machine. ... Sounds cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Builds Dredging Machine Out Of Scrap Metals And Car Spare Parts by condralbede(m): 11:47am On May 14, 2015
Waoo....kudos man,I just saw it on the TV now!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Decapitated Copperhead Snake Bites Itself / Top Five Successful Invention By Nigerian Youths / Tractors Locally Manufactured By Students In Kebbi State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.