Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? (1366 Views)

What Advice Will You Give Your 25 Years Old Self? / I Need Your Advice: Can 25k Monthly Sustain Me Through Masters Programme? / BREAKING: JAMB Shocks Aspiring Students With This Unpleasant Notice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by MsBliss(f): 3:16pm On May 14, 2015
A friend of mine wants to go into teaching in future and she is an ND holder. She loves teaching but she don't know shit about the field .She is shy and have never stood in front of a class to teach before . She needs my advice and I hope to get reasonable ones here. your input will be appreciated.
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by nwafuluozoh: 3:19pm On May 14, 2015
Her reward is in heaven.

1 Like

Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by steppin: 3:21pm On May 14, 2015
MsBliss:
A friend of mine wants to go into teaching in future and she is an ND holder. She loves teaching but she don't know shit about the field .She is shy and have never stood in front of a class to teach before . She needs my advice and I hope to get reasonable ones here. your input will be appreciated.
She should go to TTC (Teachers Training College) and learn more about teaching.
Teaching no be beans.

1 Like

Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by tpiadotcom: 3:26pm On May 14, 2015
she should get a foundation in education and/or look for an internship where she watches teachers at work.

1 Like

Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by MsBliss(f): 3:34pm On May 14, 2015
steppin:
She should go to TTC (Teachers Training College) and learn more about teaching. Teaching no be beans.
How many years is that?
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by MsBliss(f): 3:35pm On May 14, 2015
nwafuluozoh:
Her reward is in heaven.
Lol sure it is

1 Like

Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by MsBliss(f): 3:38pm On May 14, 2015
tpiadotcom:
she should get a foundation in education and/or look for an internship where she watches teachers at work.
Foundation in education? What does that mean ?
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by tpiadotcom: 3:51pm On May 14, 2015
training in education or an alternative that gives her a basic understanding of what it entails.

1 Like

Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by MsBliss(f): 9:00pm On May 15, 2015
steppin:
She should go to TTC (Teachers Training College) and learn more about teaching. Teaching no be beans.
Is that a must? Av seen people with Olevel being great teachers
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by steppin: 9:07pm On May 15, 2015
MsBliss:

It's a requirement.
A guy who studied English language in school can also work in a bank, but he may not be an expert in that line.
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by Rubis(m): 11:50pm On May 15, 2015
She should set-up another business for I know teachers are under-paid
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by MsBliss(f): 6:22am On May 16, 2015
Rubis:
She should set-up another business for I know teachers are under-paid

That sounds more like "Abandon your dream cos people who work there are underpaid "
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by MsBliss(f): 6:27am On May 16, 2015
nwafuluozoh:
Her reward is in heaven.
No reward for her on earth
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by tpiadotcom: 8:13am On May 16, 2015
MsBliss:

yes its a must.
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by nwafuluozoh: 9:34am On May 16, 2015
MsBliss:

No reward for her on earth
Our leaders don't give two hoots about the teaching profession.
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by MsBliss(f): 9:53am On May 16, 2015
nwafuluozoh:
Our leaders don't give two hoots about the teaching profession.
If not for teachers ,so many people will still be walking about with ignorance.
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by MsBliss(f): 9:57am On May 16, 2015
tpiadotcom:

yes its a must.
But people with olevel can be great teachers talk more of one with ND.
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by Rubis(m): 12:06pm On May 16, 2015
MsBliss:

That sounds more like "Abandon your dream cos people who work there are underpaid "

Which kain yeye dream wey money no dey inside. Besides, the questioner doesn't even have a flair for teaching.
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by MsBliss(f): 12:34pm On May 16, 2015
Rubis:

Besides, the questioner doesn't even have a flair for teaching.
How do you know that ? have you seen her before ?
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by tpiadotcom: 3:25pm On May 16, 2015
MsBliss:

MsBliss:

But people with olevel can be great teachers talk more of one with ND.

its not about arguing, it's about going for the training.

it doesn't matter what your personal opinions are.
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by opedaydydx9(m): 7:17am On Jul 02, 2015
MsBliss:

that's no dream, I love to b a lecturer tho
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by MsBliss(f): 10:12am On Jul 02, 2015
opedaydydx9:
that's no dream, I love to b a lecturer tho
So what happened?
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by opedaydydx9(m): 10:41am On Jul 02, 2015
MsBliss:
So what happened?
just finished NYSC, I will still be a lecturer
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by MsBliss(f): 12:14pm On Jul 02, 2015
opedaydydx9:
just finished NYSC, I will still be a lecturer

Wow that's so cool.I prefer Teaching .
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by opedaydydx9(m): 6:18pm On Jul 02, 2015
MsBliss:

Wow that's so cool.I prefer Teaching .
i would guess ur in a college.... Cause that's the first step
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by MsBliss(f): 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2015
opedaydydx9:
i would guess ur in a college.... Cause that's the first step
Am in a university not a teaching college.
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by Goldenboy842(m): 7:56pm On Jul 02, 2015
She might not be paid on time. Good job though.
Re: What Advice Can You Give An Aspiring Teacher? by opedaydydx9(m): 8:12pm On Jul 02, 2015
MsBliss:
Am in a university not a teaching college.
Which uni

(1) (Reply)

Obafemi Awolowo University Post-utme Form For 2015/16 Is On.o8149623711 / Simple Maths That Brings Much Argument / Call For Papers: Open Knowledge Journals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.