Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) - Webmasters (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) (57390 Views)

HELP! Wordpress Issues / Hacking: How To Back Up Your Wordpress Site To Google Drive And Restore Easily / Post All Your Web Development Issues Here (php, Sql, Html, Javascript, Css) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by henrykene(m): 11:00am On Aug 19, 2015
I can help you with a good mobile theme at a very good prize so call me on 07065403976
StNonsky:
Nice one bro. First kindly help me review my blog www.healthflava.com
Secondly how do I get a good mobile theme for the blog?
Thirdly, how do I make money from it.
Fourthly, how can I boost my traffic?

Thanks
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by henrykene(m): 11:16am On Aug 19, 2015
Anybody who needs theme customization and mobile themes at a very cheap price should call me on 07065403976
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 19, 2015
hostkobo:

I have checked your site and replied your mail.

you cant get anything reliable from nokly.com or any free webhosts.

Even if they allow you to install, your site IS NOT BACKED UP and if you check tomorrow morning and your data is gone, there is nothing you can do.

regards,
HK
thanks bro, i suspected that. which reliable hosting can i get at minimum prize?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by 9iceX(m): 11:45am On Aug 19, 2015
hostkobo:

1) does the original theme have a widget for a banner?
http://my.studiopress.com/themes/genesis/#demo-full

2) favicon for your genesis theme
https://wordpress.org/plugins/genesis-favicon-uploader/

3) social media plugin
https://wordpress.org/plugins/social-media-feather/

4) maybe you didnt setup mailchimp properly

5) CONTENT IS KING
- your content has to be new, it has to be interesting, it needs to engage readers and it needs to give a reader a reason to come back tomorrow.

ps: dont blog as "admin".....you are telling the whole world what your username is.

6) 1360x680
- 130kb is HUGE for a file size. Use nice image editors that can "save for web". Ideally, any image you use should be about 23kb each; so your 130kb should be the file size for about 6-images

reagrds,
HK

*The original theme doesn't come with a widget for banner. I made a banner and uploaded via the theme editor after doing some backups incase somethings went wrong. And yes, things actually went wront cos the banner I created did not fit in to the width of the header

*About mailchimp:: what do u advice. Can I deactivate and start the process all over again?

*About blogging as admin
I never knew that realy matters until now. Thanks for calling my attention to it. Would have loved to remove that completely.. Would u advice I use my name? (I don't like to.. But ur the boss here sir. I will, if u advised such)

*And the image size and all.. I hope its adviceable to change the sizes of images for my existing post?

Thanks so much bro... Waiting
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 11:53am On Aug 19, 2015
Bossforeva:
thanks bro, i suspected that. which reliable hosting can i get at minimum prize?

I can provide you reliable hosting, I sent you a mail.

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by CoachFaith: 3:17pm On Aug 19, 2015
I blog at www.coachfaithonline.

Please can a guru in the house review? And, I need more traffic ...I have tried google ad recently...I post around forums...

and how do I add adverts.

Thanks
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 3:56pm On Aug 19, 2015
CoachFaith:
I blog at www.coachfaithonline.

Please can a guru in the house review? And, I need more traffic ...I have tried google ad recently...I post around forums...

and how do I add adverts.

Thanks

1) nice blog name. Advise: grab the domain before I grab it and sell it back to you: coachfaithonline.com
2) Nice info to add: privacy policy, terms and conditions,......
3) you want to build "trust", have this at the back of your mind,
4) you are not a serious blogger if you post into "uncategorized". Create categories for your blogposts.
5) if you want more traffic, try to engage your users......
- try and make your posts to be "addressed to" your reader particularly, not to the entire world.
If you are into the life coach niche, try to share your own personal experience, and bring it into your story "big picture"

regards,
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kingstylo01(m): 4:59pm On Aug 19, 2015
hostkobo:

re-#1) if you download the copyrighted photos, cut and join, photoshop and gimp and paint, and add your own text, YES, you have still STOLEN and infringed on someone elses' copyright
why? there are a 1000+1 ways to know where your photo came from. There are applications and tools (free and commercial) online and offline that can crawl the internet and look for similar pictures with yours, analyze the pictures and give concrete information as to what the original information (text, graphics, video, etc) is.

re#2) always bear in mind that FREE is not always FREE. There is always a catch. They will do somethings for you, but you also give off some of your own rights.
Some nice info to read: http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/self-hosted-wordpress-org-vs-free-wordpress-com-infograph/

HK
thanks a lot bro. Will go for the free wphost for now.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kingstylo01(m): 5:02pm On Aug 19, 2015
hostkobo:

re-#1) if you download the copyrighted photos, cut and join, photoshop and gimp and paint, and add your own text, YES, you have still STOLEN and infringed on someone elses' copyright
why? there are a 1000+1 ways to know where your photo came from. There are applications and tools (free and commercial) online and offline that can crawl the internet and look for similar pictures with yours, analyze the pictures and give concrete information as to what the original information (text, graphics, video, etc) is.

re#2) always bear in mind that FREE is not always FREE. There is always a catch. They will do somethings for you, but you also give off some of your own rights.
Some nice info to read: http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/self-hosted-wordpress-org-vs-free-wordpress-com-infograph/

HK
thanks a lot bro. Will go for the free wphost for now.
hostkobo:

I can provide you reliable hosting, I sent you a mail.
regards
HK
can you help me purchase a coupon domain name from Godaddy?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2015
kingstylo01:
thanks a lot bro. Will go for the free wphost for now. can you help me purchase a coupon domain name from Godaddy?

sure,

give me the details
my contacts are in my signature
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kingstylo01(m): 7:59pm On Aug 19, 2015
hostkobo:

sure,

give me the details
my contacts are in my signature
alright boss, will whatsapp you
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by onoms4luv(m): 9:23pm On Aug 19, 2015
kombo:
Hi people, feel free to share all challenges encountered on your wordpress website/blog.. I promise to respond to all as soon as I can.

Remember: Wordpress only.

NB: I no sabi everyting finish o... but I have over 3 years experience tweaking and fixing wordpress websites/blogs
pls help me....

I inserted some code into theme editor of my wordpress site, after clicking update this is what I get (Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/positiv7/public_html/wp-content/themes/sg-simple/functions.php on line 137), now the site is not even coming up again, what can I do to make it work again biko help me...
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by onoms4luv(m): 9:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
kombo:
Hi people, feel free to share all challenges encountered on your wordpress website/blog.. I promise to respond to all as soon as I can.

Remember: Wordpress only.

NB: I no sabi everyting finish o... but I have over 3 years experience tweaking and fixing wordpress websites/blogs
pls help me....

I inserted some code into theme editor of my wordpress site, after clicking update an error message pop up and that was the end, now the site is not coming up again... what can I do to make it work again biko help me...
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by mrcasanova1(m): 10:21pm On Aug 19, 2015
Hello experts in the house.

I recently attended a seminar. And one of the bonus packages
was a wordpress theme. This theme is to create a blog where
I can put up a pre-optin article to by-pass FB ad bans and the rest.

Today, I bought the domain name: naijamengist.com. I have been
trying to install this wordpress theme on the website, but it's been
very difficult. I even tried using Filezilla FTP client. No success.

Please, can the experts give me a detailed description on what to do...

Or is there something wrong with the new domain I just purchased (perhaps I didn't set it up properly?)

Thanks in advance.

cc: kombo
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 2:47pm On Aug 20, 2015
onoms4luv:
pls help me....

I inserted some code into theme editor of my wordpress site, after clicking update this is what I get (Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/positiv7/public_html/wp-content/themes/sg-simple/functions.php on line 137), now the site is not even coming up again, what can I do to make it work again biko help me...

if you have cpanel access, go to your root folder, locate the theme and remove the code.

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 2:50pm On Aug 20, 2015
mrcasanova1:
Hello experts in the house.

I recently attended a seminar. And one of the bonus packages
was a wordpress theme. This theme is to create a blog where
I can put up a pre-optin article to by-pass FB ad bans and the rest.

Today, I bought the domain name: naijamengist.com. I have been
trying to install this wordpress theme on the website, but it's been
very difficult. I even tried using Filezilla FTP client. No success.

Please, can the experts give me a detailed description on what to do...

Or is there something wrong with the new domain I just purchased (perhaps I didn't set it up properly?)

Thanks in advance.

cc: kombo

do you mind if I help you?
check my signature for my contact.

regards,
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by tonyx4x44(m): 9:55am On Aug 21, 2015
hostkobo:

- dont just do a google-image search, right click on an image and "save as" to somewhere on your computer. Go to the site where the image is found, and read if there are any copyright notices.

- there are images, there are pictures. there are clip-art,

- always credit sources

- also have a disclaimer on your site telling visitors that you source your images/pictures from the internet, so if they feel you have infringed on their privacy, they should contact you to notify you of the image and that you would do your best to clarify issues and "remove if necessary". The idea is to project yourself as willing to cooperate.

regards
HK

thanks. I have followed you recommendations
1. i took down all the images
2. uploaded ones with no copyright infringement

the disclaimer your recommended please where is a reasonable page to place it??

you can also do a quick browse of my blog (from my signature) and point out any obvious mistake i might be making
disclaimer: I'm pretty new to this stuff

thanks for your help.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by 9iceX(m): 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2015
And then, why is my site info not displaying on Alexa ranking page??
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by ken4jj(m): 11:33pm On Aug 22, 2015
Please where do you host your wordpress websites? Somebody recommended bluehost because it has a 1 click installation for wordpress on the cpanel. Are there other better and cheaper options? Is ther any other way i can do it? Please someone should help
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kapersky(m): 11:03am On Aug 23, 2015
LEARN HOW TO MAKE PROFESSIONAL MUSIC WEBSITE WITH WORDPRESS.. A CASE STUDY OF
Learn how to create a website like ....
WATCH, SHARE AND SUBSCRIBE....
VISIT: www.thecomlovers..com for your questions...

How To Create A Naijaloaded Website -1-Introduction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6hd8KlJbLk?list=PLJNW2DKDGQpmG5DTicR7tTtgzRYa1rdJn

How To Create a Website like -2-Installations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FueTIbgS-6w?list=PLJNW2DKDGQpmG5DTicR7tTtgzRYa1rdJn

DUE TO VIOLATION OF ADMIN'S RULES I WILL NOT UPLOAD ALL THE VIDEOS HERE
BUT FEEL FREE TO WATCH IT HERE AND CHECKOUT OTHER VIDEOS IN OUR CHANNEL...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJNW2DKDGQpmG5DTicR7tTtgzRYa1rdJn

DONT FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE.... DROP YOUR COMMENT IN YOUTUBE COMMENT BOX OR VISIT www.thecomlovers..com for more info...
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 8:15am On Aug 24, 2015
ken4jj:
Please where do you host your wordpress websites? Somebody recommended bluehost because it has a 1 click installation for wordpress on the cpanel. Are there other better and cheaper options? Is ther any other way i can do it? Please someone should help

here is a lead:
http://www.wpsitecare.com/performance-of-7-top-wordpress-hosting-companies-compared/

or I can host it for you, take care of any other technical bruhaha,, even babysit your website, while you upload your content.

regards,
HK

check out my contact details in my signature.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 8:16am On Aug 24, 2015
9iceX:
And then, why is my site info not displaying on Alexa ranking page??

url?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by 9iceX(m): 10:22am On Aug 24, 2015
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by tbsnetworks: 2:01pm On Aug 24, 2015
How to remove unwanted css scripts in my wordpress theme? IT Support And Services | 24/7 IT support | Technology support services
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by ken4jj(m): 2:40pm On Aug 24, 2015
hostkobo:

here is a lead:
http://www.wpsitecare.com/performance-of-7-top-wordpress-hosting-companies-compared/

or I can host it for you, take care of any other technical bruhaha,, even babysit your website, while you upload your content.

regards,
HK

check out my contact details in my signature.

How much do you host per year? Will i get the 1 click installation for wordpress? Please explain
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by tonyx4x44(m): 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2015
tonyx4x44:

thanks. I have followed you recommendations
1. i took down all the images
2. uploaded ones with no copyright infringement

the disclaimer your recommended please where is a reasonable page to place it??

you can also do a quick browse of my blog (from my signature) and point out any obvious mistake i might be making
disclaimer: I'm pretty new to this stuff

thanks for your help.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 7:19pm On Aug 24, 2015
[quote author=tonyx4x44 post=37290417][/quote]

disclaimer help:
https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/sample-website-disclaimer
http://www.freenetlaw.com/free-website-disclaimer/

search google until you find one that isnt too wordy for your own liking. Then make it personal.....at the bottom, you can also include the source. Anyway, this is the season for disclaimers.

after taking a look at your blog:
- you dont have a favicon
https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Favicon
http://www.wpsuperstars.net/add-a-favicon-in-wordpress/

- shouldn't "Frontpage" be "Home"...there are some "nomenclatures" around the web, it would be nice to follow such.

- shouldnt your slogan be 'somewhere" near the logo....your name.

- why does your search lead here?
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014585302913709242400:iwi7lkeixku
why not just use the default wordpress search widget.

- whats up with your footer menu, shouldn't it display horizontally instead?

reagards,
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 7:47pm On Aug 24, 2015
ken4jj:

How much do you host per year? Will i get the 1 click installation for wordpress? Please explain

smallest package:
Mini Business:N 10,000/year
- cpanel
10 Email Accounts
5 GB Disk Space
10 GB Bandwidth

- yes, you get your 1-click wordpress installation, and Im here for 248 support.

regards,
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 7:49pm On Aug 24, 2015
tbsnetworks:
How to remove unwanted css scripts in my wordpress theme? IT Support And Services | 24/7 IT support | Technology support services

are those footer links to your theme developers website? or what kinda scripts are you referring to?

please clarify?

regards,
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 8:05pm On Aug 24, 2015
9iceX:

www.nawesabi.com

1) you registered your domain on 11-july2015 and you are expecting an alexa rank in August20th,

alexa no be magic o.

O boy, chill, the site needs content presently, not an alexa rank.

read-ups:
https://support.alexa.com/hc/en-us/articles/200449744
https://support.alexa.com/hc/en-us/articles/200080869-Why-is-my-site-s-Alexa-Traffic-Rank-No-data-or-No-rank-

regards
HK
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by onoms4luv(m): 9:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
hostkobo:

if you have cpanel access, go to your root folder, locate the theme and remove the code.

regards
HK

Thank you sir, the problem have been fixed...

Plz can you help with this, I want to create login form, so that user who are login can create a post and also comment. But comment and post should be visible to unregister user. How can I do this. Thanks.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2015
onoms4luv:

Thank you sir, the problem have been fixed...

Plz can you help with this, I want to create login form, so that user who are login can create a post and also comment. But comment and post should be visible to unregister user. How can I do this. Thanks.

Hi Onoms,
that feature, as you described it is inbuilt into wordpress already.
Your login form is available at www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin
What you need to do is:
- create a new user and make the user an "author" - this use will be able to login and create posts and comments
- comments and posts are also available for the unregistered user by default

regards
HK

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg Is In Nigeria! (CC Hub, Yaba Photos) / Mark Zuckerberg Writes On His Meeting With Buhari And Osinbajo In Abuja / ₦26 Trillion Net, Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Pictured On The Street Of California

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.