Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,176 members, 7,867,411 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:38 PM

Kill All Nigerians Now And We Will Have Peace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kill All Nigerians Now And We Will Have Peace (680 Views)

Provide Pre-paid Meters To Nigerians Now, FG Orders Discos / ''If I Have My Way I Will Kill All Boko Haram''- Hausa Man In Anambra / We Will Kill All Muslims In Niger Delta-militant Group Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kill All Nigerians Now And We Will Have Peace by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 09, 2009
Lucky Dube mistaken for a Nigerian

Reggae star Lucky Dube was allegedly shot dead because one of his assailants thought he was a Nigerian national, the Johannesburg High Court heard today.

Dube trial: second witness testifies

Dube accused linked to other hijackings

Dube witness doesn’t recognise accused

Mpho Maropeng, wife to Thabo Maropeng whose charges had since been dropped, said on the day of Dube’s death four men including her husband had driven to Rosettenville.

This is according to information related to her by Thabo a day after the incident.

She said Thabo told her what had happened after receiving a call from one of the accused, Mbuti Mabe, telling him to watch a television broadcast showing Dube’s death.

"I was also watching, they were showing Lucky Dube singing and depicted a vehicle which had crashed into a tree. That’s when Thabo said he wanted to tell me something.

"He told me that they had driven to Rosettenville after we separated the previous day.

"He said they drove around, all four of them, in the Polo. Theystopped in a certain spot in Rosettenville. A Chrysler C200 stopped close by during which time accused number one and two went out of the VW and approached the Chrysler.

"While Thabo and accused number three remained in the car. He said they then heard the first gunshot going off and accused number three told Thabo to go see what had happened.

"Thabo said he went to the car, placed both hands on the roof and looked what had happened before going back to the Polo.

"During this time a second shot went off and he said that accused number one and two came back and told them to drive off."

Mpho said that when she asked Thabo why they had shot Dube he told her that Mabe had told him that "he did not see it was him (Dube). He thought it was a Nigerian national."

Judge Moshidi adjourned the trial and requested that the defence counsel listen and familiarise themselves with the taped evidence of Mpho.

Mabe, Sifiso Mhlanga and Julius Xowa, all in their thirties, are on trial for the murder of Dube outside his brother’s house in Rosettenville, southern Johannesburg, on October 13, 2007.

http://www.imagesnewsletter.com/2009/02/lucky-dube-mistaken-for-nigerian.html
http://www.witness.co.za/index.php?showcontent&global[_id]=19236
Re: Kill All Nigerians Now And We Will Have Peace by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:48am On Feb 10, 2009
na so people hate nigerians reach? how shocking grin
Re: Kill All Nigerians Now And We Will Have Peace by donjon: 11:19am On Feb 10, 2009
na stupidity dey worry dem
Re: Kill All Nigerians Now And We Will Have Peace by sistajay(f): 1:08pm On Feb 10, 2009
Na sheer madness o, don't they know we are the GIANT of Africa.
Re: Kill All Nigerians Now And We Will Have Peace by Nobody: 1:20am On Feb 11, 2009
sista-jay:

Na sheer madness o, don't they know we are the GIANT of Africa.

Indeed
Re: Kill All Nigerians Now And We Will Have Peace by udezue(m): 6:44am On Feb 11, 2009
lmao but hhmm this is sad.
Re: Kill All Nigerians Now And We Will Have Peace by nuesaweso(f): 10:01am On Feb 12, 2009
We be their mate?

(1) (Reply)

Obj Turns Deaf / Free Legal Service / Suit Against Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.