Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,264 members, 7,853,305 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:07 PM

Why Lock A Topic When You Can : - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Lock A Topic When You Can : (745 Views)

Why Would A Mod. Lock A Thread For No Just Reason!?!?! / How To Post A Topic In Nairaland / Why Do You Guys Lock A Thread? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Lock A Topic When You Can : by dgreatrock(m): 4:18pm On Feb 09, 2009
i wonder why some moderators lock some topics. i know their work is tedious one, but they must consult widely before locking down such! i have come across interesting topics that were locked down, while some duplicated topics and uninteresting topics are allowed to constitute nuisance on the Nland. i believe this is wrong.
where topics are duplicated it should be moved to the recycle bin or deleted (whatever the difference there is).

please seun call the moderators to seminar on this
Re: Why Lock A Topic When You Can : by dgreatrock(m): 4:22pm On Feb 09, 2009
seun, look carefully at michelin89's area of jurisdiction, you will see what i am talking about!
Re: Why Lock A Topic When You Can : by sistajay(f): 1:14pm On Feb 10, 2009
@ Poster

Don't you just love it when a woman is in control, relax, the mods are doin a brilliant job, see the way you run go report to Oga Seun like a little boy.
Re: Why Lock A Topic When You Can : by MrCrackles(m): 1:19pm On Feb 10, 2009
If we are to consult on every topic posted on NL, then we are in for a lifetime of consultations!

I have not come across any topic locked without a valid reason so i dont know what you are talking about!!

Thanks
wink
Re: Why Lock A Topic When You Can : by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 10, 2009
dgreatrock:

i wonder why some moderators lock some topics. i know their work is tedious one, but they must consult widely before locking down such! i have come across interesting topics that were locked down, while some duplicated topics and uninteresting topics are allowed to constitute nuisance on the Nland. i believe this is wrong.
where topics are duplicated it should be moved to the recycle bin or deleted (whatever the difference there is).

please seun call the moderators to seminar on this

A moderator can't be online 24/7. And you are also expecting too much by asking them to concentrate on a hundreds of threads daily. They have also got a life outside the net, you know.
Re: Why Lock A Topic When You Can : by dgreatrock(m): 12:19pm On Feb 12, 2009
i am not saying that you can follow every topic/ thread, please read my message again (plus minus the errors)
thanks

@6ta Jay
you no try, you dey call an elderly man like me small boy angry
Re: Why Lock A Topic When You Can : by sistajay(f): 1:08pm On Feb 12, 2009
@ dgreatrock

Okay bro, SORRY O!!
Re: Why Lock A Topic When You Can : by dgreatrock(m): 10:49am On Feb 13, 2009
sista-jay:

@ dgreatrock

Okay bro, SORRY O!!

No shaking big 6t, i feel you.

How Auchi and Apostle Suleman?

(1) (Reply)

What Happen To Michelin89? / Sorry, ignore this thread / Poor Africa (videos 1-10) Great Watch On Why Africa Is, Well That Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.