Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed (18981 Views)

I Have This Amazing Business Idea, But Scared To Quit My Job! / How Do I Turn Down My Boss' Advances Without Losing My Job? (please Advice) / How I Almost Lost My Job Because Of Orijin Drink. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 14, 2015
My Yoruba ppl always say a parable.They said 'ENI IJA KO DEBA, LO N PE ARA RE LOKUNRIN' lol abi?
I gave all glory nd adoration to almighty Allah. May only his name be glorified. Let me start with this titbit. I'm a sales executive at my work and the nature of my Job is travelling from places to the other,to supply nd d rest. This particular journey took me down to Niger state 4rm Lag.Getting down to Bode sa'aadu, i saw an huge accident. A burning tanker that burnt more than 4 other heavy duty vehicles nd other small vehicles and injured scores(i took time to take some pics,see 'em below.sorry i took a 2mp camera phn.u should know why)
Now to the real 'Gbege' . We were thru with the transaction and coming back from Sunti down to Mokwa.Just a lil bit close to mokwa,we met thes guy, they were flashing torch light and waiving us to wait( i still feel some tension in my body as i write ds). Immediately we saw their sharp cutlasses, the driver turned his vehicle and headed back to Jaa'gi. Guys, this men took their bike and followed us in fierce pursue. Immediately i started scrapping my bag and took the lil money on me,by this time the driver was abt stopping. I jumped through the window and charged towards the bush. As i was running i heard leaves rustling and i thought to myself this guy might trace me with that sound,so i ran a lil bit and saw a tree. I looked at my back and only saw those guys searching our trailer thorougly. It then popped into my hrt to climb that tree,i lost my breathe already bt managed to climb the tree. Hmmm,i waited 4 some while on that tree b4 i realised i had some insect bitting me. On thesame point,this guys started seaching the bush 4 us.Guys it came to a stage they flashed their light into my eyes,i thought they made me. I got a cold rush throughout my body,but it lasted for some seconds,they saw nothing. But if not for God,i would be in the hospital nw,if nt worse. I give all glory to the creator for spearing my life. I was on that tree till morning when the vigilantes came to our rescue. Help me thank God. Moreso,i don't think im gonna travel there again oo. Abi bawo?

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by phemmy88(m): 8:59pm On May 14, 2015
Okay......oya continue

1 Like

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 14, 2015
scary stuff ThankGod for your life

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 14, 2015
blackchukky:
scary stuff ThankGod for your life
Na God oo. Just getting back to Lagos nw

6 Likes

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 14, 2015
phemmy88:
Okay......oya continue
Tis complete nw
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by blesseenE: 9:26pm On May 14, 2015
Thank God for sparing your life. This kind of happening is better said than experienced. Fear for make some persons fall from the tree at that moment sef. Go thank your God

2 Likes

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Cpumping(m): 9:28pm On May 14, 2015
It wd b so wrong to book space on this thread.

Beware.

But op were they criminals, na just machete dem carry? Why una noe run over dem. Hw were u sure dey weren't vigilantes.

Anyways thank God for ur life.

1 Like

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 14, 2015
It must have been those local thieves controlling that Mokwa area. If one is unlucky enough,you might encounter them along that Minna - Lapai Road as well.

If not for the help of a powerful charm given to me by my dad that made me turn to a rabbit and escape those guys, I prolly would have been dead by now.

Friedplantain

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by may3(f): 10:27pm On May 14, 2015
Wait o Op...anoda fire for saadu or the one that happened before.......peace loving saadu community sad
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 14, 2015
Cpumping:
It wd b so wrong to book space on this thread.

Beware.

But op were they criminals, na just machete dem carry? Why una noe run over dem. Hw were u sure dey weren't vigilantes.

Anyways thank God for ur life.
Run them over abi? I hear yhu
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by ajasa4link: 10:40pm On May 14, 2015
@op Thank God for ur life....that niger road is 4cking bad mehn, from ilorin down to mokwa, kontagora and even the entry parts of kebbi....It's not advisable one travels that road at night except u are in a luxurious bus or trailer which will run over any 4cking bandit on the way.

6 Likes

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 14, 2015
ajasa4link:
It's not advisable one travels that road at night except u are in a luxurious bus or trailer which will run over any 4cking bandit on the way.
Ironically, 'luxurious buses' are susceptible to attacks from bandits than other vehicles.

FriedPlantain
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by ajasa4link: 11:33pm On May 14, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Ironically, 'luxurious buses' are susceptible to attacks from bandits than other vehicles.

FriedPlantain
Then I guess the best thing is not to travel that road at night. ( Though I travelled that same road at night in a luxurious bus around September last year, I guess I was lucky then)

1 Like

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by majalisa(m): 11:53pm On May 14, 2015
FriedPlantain:
It must have been those local thieves controlling controlling that Mokwa area. If one is unlucky enough,you might encounter them along that Minna - Lapai Road as well.

If not for the help of a powerful charm given to me by my dad that made me turn to a rabbit and escape those guys, I prolly would have been dead by now.

Friedplantain
dont worry the day that charm will fail you..you will forever become a rabbit

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by BUSHHUNTER: 11:55pm On May 14, 2015
OP make sure you kill a fowl.

1 Like

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by okooloyun1(m): 12:40am On May 15, 2015
Thank God for your life
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by saxwizard(m): 6:27am On May 15, 2015
go mosque go do testimony too today I sha friday
thank God for u
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by brainzdh(m): 6:47am On May 15, 2015
Your time never reach, you're nt lucky bt Blessed!!
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Nobody: 6:47am On May 15, 2015
the bandits on that road are capitalizing on the bad nature of the road.
thank GOd for you life.
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Nobody: 6:53am On May 15, 2015
Firstly i Thank God. Thanks to all who dropped their comments. RIP to all who lost their life in that fire-auto accident at saa'du. That place is bad oo, the heavy duty vehicles are still there. But the Goverment should do something asap on that road,its a death trap

2 Likes

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Nobody: 6:55am On May 15, 2015
BUSHHUNTER:
OP make sure you kill a fowl.
lol, yes buh u are bush hunter now,i'll have to consult u on that.abi bawo?

2 Likes

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Ariyke: 6:57am On May 15, 2015
Thank God for u oo
RIP to the dead

2 Likes

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Ugojames(m): 7:19am On May 15, 2015
This is one of the reasons I'm affraid of picking up jobs in the north, you never can say what would happen

4 Likes

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by timilehing(m): 7:30am On May 15, 2015
Where is the picture of the tree u climbed undecided

Thank God u're safe anyways

2 Likes

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by GenerousLord: 7:47am On May 15, 2015
FriedPlantain:
It must have been those local thieves controlling controlling that Mokwa area. If one is unlucky enough,you might encounter them along that Minna - Lapai Road as well.

Friedplantain
Hey, don't you try that again. What if those hunters had got you in your rabbit form and sold you out for N630? It would have been worse angry

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Nobody: 7:54am On May 15, 2015
BRB
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by 20bc(m): 7:55am On May 15, 2015
that's why its not advice able to travel at night. Thank God you acted quick
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by Akynzodeighbour(m): 7:55am On May 15, 2015
Some Jobs sef, the situation we are in nigeria, thank God you are still alive
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by umarc19: 7:56am On May 15, 2015
Lucky you
Re: How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed by folabayo1(f): 7:57am On May 15, 2015
Eyaaa!
What doesn't kill man makes man stronger..

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Reasons Companies Are Dumping Interview For Assessment Center / I Am A Nigerian Cybersecurity expert In The US, Ask Me Anything / See How You Can Do Marketing Without Stress I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.