Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station (5927 Views)

How To Make Money Running A Video Game Store In Nigeria. / ANALYSED COST OF RUNNING A PURE WATER BUSINESS IN NIGERIA + START-UP MANUAL / Starting And Running A Hair Salon In Lagos, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by Revdaniel(m): 4:37pm On Sep 12, 2006
Hello friends at Nairaland.

I will like to know if there is anyone in the house that dream of running a broadcasting (Television) station here in Nigeria.
hoping to hear the feedback soon
Thanks and God bless
Daniel
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by Seun(m): 9:56am On Sep 13, 2006
Yes, I share the dream because TV is the best way to reach the masses with any message one has.
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by inyigroup: 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2006
i dream of running a tv broadcasting firm. i believe that apart from being an investment it brings a lot of exposure.
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by Seun(m): 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2006
I believe I can use it to subtly communicate certain social values I believe in.

Does anyone here know how much[b] capital [/b]one needs to have to start a small TV station in Nigeria?
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by freelance(m): 8:06am On Sep 15, 2006
I have always had that dream at the back of my mind. I know its a bit capital intensive and you have to meet some requirements from the NBC.But i believe its really a very big and good dreaam that will soon come through by the grace of God
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by Revdaniel(m): 5:31pm On Sep 15, 2006
I will like to thank every one that share this vision woth me.
i presently have the opportunity to run a cable station with one of the cable network here in Nogeria and i will like people of like mind to talk about it.
I have made all findings and i therefore need people to team up with me to begin it.
Interested people only should pls mail me through revdaniel_online@yahoo.com
Hopine to hear from you
Daniel
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by sholatech(m): 6:34pm On Sep 15, 2006
Whao!!
i Have been working on a cable Tv project for triple play services!
Do you have license for lagos,ogun,oyo,abuja,Port Harcourt?
We need to talk!
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by Seun(m): 7:03pm On Sep 15, 2006
How much does the equipment and licensing cost?
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by Revdaniel(m): 6:10pm On Sep 16, 2006
the Cable network i want to work with has gotten the licence, i will just operate and run a channel under their network
, sholatech may i know where you are operating from and what your present operation looks like

Daniel
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by Seun(m): 7:03pm On Sep 16, 2006
How much are you paying to operate the channel?
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by Revdaniel(m): 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2006
Seun i said i am about starting i am still looking forward to raise the expected capital of 2.6 million naira for both the equiptments and 6 months due instead of the 3 months due i first calculated.
Daniel
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by Seun(m): 8:11pm On Sep 17, 2006
Wow, just 2.6 million naira? That's about the same as the cost of starting a cyber-cafe!
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by jammin(m): 9:48am On Sep 24, 2006
may i enquire how much is 2.6m naira in US$ ?
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 24, 2006
@Revdaniel,
You have not given us enough to take you serious about this project. I am an investor and i invest in start up companies, television station is a good idea but i am not sure it is as simple as you made it. I have tried to do something like that in Nigeria some years ago when i was tired of DSTV monopoly of the Nigerian market.

Do you have a business plan?
What audience do you have in mind?
Cost breakdown of the project?
Ownership structure
Your experience in the field
e.t.c

I am interested if i am convinced this is a real project and not just a wish.
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by kokoletz(m): 7:02pm On Sep 24, 2006
Guys I had alway have dt dream nt until when I was opportune to do the Audit of one of our Tv station then I realise it runs into millions of nairas even to register wit NBC.
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by dblock(m): 2:13am On Sep 25, 2006
if you are thinking of running one try not to make it bootleg hey, peace cool
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by Seun(m): 1:12pm On Sep 25, 2006
kokoletz, can you give us a breakdown of the various costs involved in running a TV station based on your audit?
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by ronkarazo(m): 4:38pm On Jun 17, 2007
is there any broadcast engineer or technician who knows about specifications of microwave transmitters/receivers here , please hola at me.

@cool4ny, if u are interested in seeing a bizness proposal , then lets talk , cld even hola at u,
sum of my guys are trying to start-up a cable channel
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by mrmayor(m): 4:48pm On Jun 17, 2007
@Seun,

Have thought about online TV? I think it best option right now just to learn the ropes,you don't have to deal Nigerian authorities and all their wahala because right now you have a massive audience.You could actually make it a part of Nairaland ( NAIRA TV).
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by KDK(m): 7:26pm On Jun 17, 2007
I am interested. i cud even give you the money if ur proposal is gud. contact me using: elvis.gbana@shellmail.com . (no attachements plz)
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by ronkarazo(m): 8:31pm On Jun 17, 2007
@kdk,

well i've sent u an email , now dats if your reply was directed at me though.!!!

cheers
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by spaceworld: 7:14am On Jun 19, 2007
mrmayor,

On line TV is not yet a time for it in Nigeria, The internet broadband is not there in Naija for such business, so the hindrance to this option is availability of broadband internet

as per cable TV, i believe the cost should be more than that, but you have to have it in mind that NBC hurdle is there for you
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by ronkarazo(m): 1:42pm On Jun 22, 2007
hey KDK, thanx for getting in touch.
i have replied you mail,
cheers mate
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by mrmayor(m): 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2007
@spaceworld,

I watch ABC news online and its recorded TV.I'm not talking about live Online TV.I think anyone who is thinking about TV Station should experiment online,last year I nearly started Online Radio but I was too busy to run it properly so I gave up the Idea. Seun already has a good reading audience mainly down to a lot of hardwork promoting Nairaland, if I were him the next logical step would be online radio or TV
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by ronkarazo(m): 7:22pm On Jun 23, 2007
@MrMayor

starting an IPTV from Naija is not the easiest job on earth. Advising Seun to float an internet tv without letting him know the modalities will set him on a suicidal terrain.

You are in dublin so access to data centres and content aggregators will be easy because you can pipe all your encoded content via an sdsl point to point system.

Seun will need to wait for Nigsatcom1 to take full effect before dabbling into the world of IPTV be it live or VOD content.
The technology is no longer complicated.

Once he has the finances and access to fast infrastructure then you can advise him to tow that line. Its not as simple as using his monthly 2tb server space and bandwidth to host a medium for large amount of concurrent users.
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by Seun(m): 11:52pm On Jan 03, 2008
When you say IPTV do you mean online video or do you mean using the Internet to transfer data?
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by walcolm(m): 10:12am On Jan 04, 2008
@revdaniel & ronkarazo,

can i get a copy of your proposals? pls, include any new developments since the proposal was developed. you can reach me on walecious at gmail

cheers
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by publicview: 2:43pm On Jan 04, 2008
My is to run a 24hrs round the clock Jazz/Classical Music radio station, the first of its kind in central/north/ west africa social region, only existed in Soth Africa www.classicfm.co.za
I am intouch with the best FM radio transmitter/equipment supplier in the world
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by kiwibabe(f): 3:10pm On Jan 04, 2008
grin I was interested in starting a television channel but in the UK not Nigeria. But I wanted it be be a nigerian channell, you know. Something like a movie channel. When I did some reserch it ran into millions of pounds. The main hurdle was not the money even though I have never seen that sort of money in my life.) It was more of the fact that I did not have any contacts in the nigerian movie industry in order for me to source my material. (Material content is the most important thing.) If anybody has any advice I would love to here it. grin
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by faithclem(m): 8:12pm On Jan 04, 2008
Hey Guys,

Could anyone help out with cost and all it would take to run a radio station in Nigeria.

Appreciate
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by faithclem(m): 8:13pm On Jan 04, 2008
Please mail me

faithessien@yahoo.com.

Ciao
Re: Dream Of Running A Broadcasting (Television) Station by linuxuser(m): 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2008
Starting an online radio is much easier than you might think. The issue with hosting it in Nigeria is the availability and cost of the Bandwith. I can set you up within 2 hrs just to do a test. You can start small. The equipment cost is not that much if you want to start but the number of users that will connect to you is the main issue. You don't have to start doing this 24/7 live. You can start with 1- 4 hours live show and the rest as recorded initially and when your audience grows or rather when you have the resources/bandwith to take on more audeince If you are interested like I said I can do a demo for you while you are on line and we can go from there. Please note that am not making an undertaking/commitment that I will set you up free. The demo will however be free of charge.

Please also note that there is a difference between and online Radio which is only available on the web and the radio station you can listen to in your house/office or car. I can set both up for you but the one you can listen toin your car or house can not be free because we would need some licence to test a broadcast within a certain radius so the online set demo is free but the one is not please get that correctly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fire At Dangote Sugar Refinery May Affect National Supply / I Need Help Setting Up A Fast Food Joint / Free 3 Months Skills Acquisition Program In Conjunction With NDE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.