Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,604 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Police Quiz Man Who Raped 9 Years Girl To Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Quiz Man Who Raped 9 Years Girl To Death (1262 Views)

Pastor Who Raped Teenage Girl In Rivers State Arrested (photo) / UNILAG Lecturer Who Raped 18 Year-old-girl Has Been Called Out By Another Victim / ASP Escapes Mob Lynching After He Raped 9-yr-old Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Police Quiz Man Who Raped 9 Years Girl To Death by kufreabasi(m): 5:36pm On Feb 09, 2009
Police quiz man who raped 9 years girl to death
From Ngozi Uwujare, Ibadan
Thursday, February 05, 2009
•Okiro
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

A 36-year-old man, who allegedly raped 8 years old girl to death is now telling police detectives in Oyo state what led him into the ignoble act.

Olalekan Abdullahi was said to be a friend to the victim’s father, Wasiu Lawal, and allegedly took advantage of his visit to his house to rape his daughter.

Daily Sun gathered that Lawal was away when the suspect visited his house. It was further learnt that the suspect, who had the plan of raping the victim, sent her younger ones to go and buy a loaf of bread and used the opportunity of their absence to defile the little girl.

After the act, the suspect told the victim not to reveal it to anybody, saying she would die if she did.
The aggrieved father of the victim said: “It is unbelievable that my friend could rape my daughter. We have been friends for the past five years.”
He said he suspected that something was wrong with her daughter when she could not walk properly.
The grieving father narrated how he rushed her to the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan, where she died.

Lawal, who disclosed that her deceased daughter was a primary iv pupil of St. Michael Primary School, Yemetu, Ibadan, appealed to the government to bring the perpetrator of the evil act to justice.
“I want justice to be done in my daughter’s case. Thank God that human rights groups and relevant NGOs are fighting for me. I want justice,” he lamented.

The Secretary of a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), Child Growth Concern Initiative, Oluremi Adebo, said since the suspect had made confessional statement to the police, the law enforcement agency should act accordingly and bring the suspect to book.
The Oyo State Principal Social Welfare Officer, Mr. Kehinde Akinyemi, has regretted the high rate of rape of little children and teenagers.

“My advice to parents and guardians is to closely monitor their children, especially, female children who are helpless,” he said.

The suspect, who disclosed to Daily Sun that he had two wives, said there was no way he would have raped the victim.
He, however, admitted visiting Lawal’s house.

http/:www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/crimewatch/index.htm
Re: Police Quiz Man Who Raped 9 Years Girl To Death by jamace(m): 8:37pm On Feb 09, 2009
shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Connection - Prostitution & Human trafficking / Man Caught Having Sex With 6 Year Old Girl / An Open Letter To Efcc On Arraigned 19 Year Suspected Internet Scammer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.