Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,532 members, 7,850,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:37 AM

Amd Or Intel? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Amd Or Intel? (704 Views)

HELP : INTEL Core Vs AMD : Which Is Better ? / AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? / AMD vs Intel: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amd Or Intel? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 09, 2009
Anyone here with gud processor knowledge Trying to find which is better- Intel core 2 Duo or the AMD Turion X2. Also is the Turion a later version than the Athlon or vice versa?? I just want to NOT use the 'basic' intel-made processor, but at the same time i no wan gork. Heard somwia dat AMD is better wit sound n graphics
Re: Amd Or Intel? by paule: 6:50am On Feb 11, 2009
INTEL has taken the market, its cheaper, common and easier to troubleshoot than AMD. However AMD is good in quality than INTEL. its your choice
Re: Amd Or Intel? by UNLEASHED(m): 11:04am On Feb 12, 2009
AMD rules!
Re: Amd Or Intel? by femzy(m): 6:11pm On Feb 12, 2009
UNLEASHED:

AMD rules!
Rules who?? :Pjust maybe Cyrix & the others

paule:

INTEL has taken the market, its cheaper, common and easier to troubleshoot than AMD. However AMD is good in quality than INTEL. its your choice
Intel is not cheaper oooo!!!

They both have merits over each other but overall Intel is better as a Processor.The reasons i can remember in brief

Better Overclocking speed

Generates Less heat

Has lower Noise level

Demerits

Eats more Power

More expensive

just the few i can remember tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Amd Or Intel? by flyuche(m): 8:30pm On Feb 12, 2009
It depends on how you want to look at it. On the notebook terrain, if you are considering cost, AMDs are your best bet. If performance is your priority Intel has the best and the most energy efficient processors. Here Intel has no competition really. However, on the desktop front, i would always go for an AMD.
Re: Amd Or Intel? by netotse(m): 1:42pm On Feb 13, 2009
truth is you prolly wont use ur computer up to level where any of the above'll count(most esp the heat) but for me i'm an intel person sha!
Re: Amd Or Intel? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 14, 2009
Nice one. Stl no one said if AMD is truly better in graphics processing & sound??
Re: Amd Or Intel? by Djcn: 4:29pm On Feb 15, 2009
@poster

would have been nice to state your needs or applications of the processors. Actually there's a lot of factors to consider that as such they can be any outright winner.
Re: Amd Or Intel? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 17, 2009
@Djcn
Looking to try my hands on some serious graphics- probably C.G itself. And then will also be installing very recent games e.g GTA IV, Pro 2009 and d likes(and would want it to play like it would on a console). So there u have it, which do u suggest then?
Re: Amd Or Intel? by DualCore1: 11:26am On Feb 18, 2009
AMD heats up silly. tht's a major issue.
its even worse if u're getting one of those plastic "HP entertainment" aka Pavilion lappies running on AMD.
Re: Amd Or Intel? by tomiade1(m): 10:53am On Feb 19, 2009
just get an intel processor, core 2 duo with speed of atleast 2.0ghz per core, graphic card should be NVIDIA, minimum ram of 3gig, u'll be fine, forget AMD, the heat would affect your pc later
Re: Amd Or Intel? by Djcn: 7:07am On Feb 21, 2009
@Mac T, are u interested in buying branded systems to meet your need or u're only interested in the processor type? the truth is that there's always a system to meet your every need and even the most powerful games shiver on the Dell XPS 730X but if you are only interested on processor then go for the intel core i7 or AMD phenon to mee your needs,
don't forget, in PCs, not only the processing power counts.

@dual core, Comparable AMD processors, heats less than Intel Processors and that is due to a technology employed by intel known as deeper pipeliling to achieve faster process. Many at times, it's better, when you specify than generalize, i've been employing an AMD processor along with an Intel Processor, so apart from theories, i can actually see practically what's happening.
Re: Amd Or Intel? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 21, 2009
I f i want to go for phenom or i7, i'll need to add more dough to my budget, so i'll just stay within the core duo range. Think i'll just pick AMD Turion X2 jare. With like 3g ram and O.K graphics card, So, thanx!

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Has Become So Useless In Terms Or Recharging / Vista Laptop Cannot Download Mail Attachment / Starcomms Evdo,aircard 597e For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.