Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Your Worst Day In Camp - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Your Worst Day In Camp (814 Views)

"Slay Queens Slaying In Camp" - This Female Corper's Outfit Got People Talking / Corpers' Place Of Primary Assignment In Ogun: Could This Be The Worst PPA Ever? / How Nysc Corp Member Almost Lost His Life To Torture In Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Worst Day In Camp by olu4life(m): 4:05pm On May 15, 2015
Good day all, saw the topic of some corpers been punished in camp and it reminded me of the day I hated most in camp.

I camped in Kebbi State, Dakingari; with Batch C, 2012. It occured on the second week of camping.
It was a normal platoon night but an incident occured. On commencing the platoon night, the national anthem was sang. Trust corpers, some were sitting while some were gisting, it was only those seated in front that stood. The social director of the camp decided to move round and catch some scapegoats. He diD went round and caught 2/3 corpers unaware. Ordered them to the front and started slapping them seriously. This led to most corpers shouting at the man to stop but he continued and ordered the scapegoats to kneel and raise their hands. Na so corpers refused to partake in the platoon night. The program came to an end and we all went to bed. We didnt suspect that they had plans for everyone.

We were all asleep in our rooms when soldiers banged the door and ordered everyone to fall out. we all thought it was th usual morning parade around 5am but on cchecking the time it was 12am. Everyone was confused. The soldiers rushed in annd started hitting everyone who was yet to get up. We all rushed out o in the middle of the night only to meet more soldiers waiting outside. We were ordered to sit on the floor. After seating for like 10mins, they pursued us again to another location as if we were goats. Was funny at first but started dawning on us that we are in ttrouble...

On checking round, it was only the male corpers that were on the ground. We were told to strip to our shorts. No shirt and No Vest. We all were bare chested. Now imagine the cold in the North especially at night. Then we were ordered to squat down (i so hate squatting down in camp). After 30mins, they said we should raise our hands, kneel down and close our eyes. Na there aluta wan start o. A dude at my back shouted back that we werent primary school kids. Everyone around the dude including i, told the guy to mute o and not put us in trouble. A soldier came to our side and asked what we said, we all went mute. We were on our knees for almost 2hrs. While om punishment, some guys started complaining of chest pain duue to the cold, but all pleas felt on deaf ears. But lucky us, few guys were with their phones. They made calls to some superior officers or so. Though soldiers caught some guys and seized their phones.
Finally around 2am the RSM spoke cos we never knew our offense throughout the period of punishment. He stated we were been punished for been rude to the social director and that we can now go back to our rooms. Omo my leg was seriously shaking With most of us thinking the parade for that morning will be shifted. Guess what, we were still dragged out for parade at d normal time which is 5am. That day was a very horrible day for us all. Anyone here who experienced it

As for the female corpers, we learnt later in the day that they were only outside for 10mins. Guys was seriously mad on hearing it. Loool. Well that's my story!!

So lets hear urs
Cc Lalasticlala Ogbeche77 CrazyMan, yokiti

1 Like

Re: Your Worst Day In Camp by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 15, 2015
Wen I come bck, I would comment
Re: Your Worst Day In Camp by importexpert(m): 4:14pm On May 15, 2015
All of una na ode. Can u pls say yes sir?. Lol I was only teasing I also undergo similar in camp
Re: Your Worst Day In Camp by Behira(f): 4:16pm On May 15, 2015
grin cheesy still drinking my pammy quietly under iya tope's shade.
Re: Your Worst Day In Camp by georjay(m): 4:22pm On May 15, 2015
Guy chill na...make I go come back...june 2 no far...chill...
Re: Your Worst Day In Camp by bossOD: 4:39pm On May 15, 2015
the day I left camp
Re: Your Worst Day In Camp by Ahmed4002(m): 5:48pm On May 15, 2015
already serving punishment right now.
Nysc 2015 this year na die oooo.
stream 2 get ready.
Re: Your Worst Day In Camp by wunmi590(m): 6:12pm On May 15, 2015
I was here

(1) (Reply)

Lets Share The Funniest Moments During Your Nysc Orientation Camp Exercise / Pic: See What NYSC Members Are Up to Again In Ijare (part 1) / A Nairalander Starts His Nysc Project (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.